💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Is The Monster Ball overrated because of Gaga's success?

VforVendetta

Featured Posts

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've noticed this weird mentality around this forum lately too. Anything gagas done from 2008- early 2011 people see it as "messy" or "overrated" just because she was the it girl, popular and at her peak.

Yup, I know what you mean...but I think it's much more than that. She was the it girl because she was so passionate, so motivated, as well as having an absolutely killer team to help her achieve her vision. It was the time when Gaga was absolutely on fire - in every sense of the word. Now that most of her management has left her from those days, she's but a shell of that 'fire.' I thought TMB + BTWB were absolutely incredible, with TMB leaving me speechless. I've yet to see the ArtRave, so I can't comment on that :( 

The Monster Ball isn't overrated at all, it definitely isn't underrated though. It had a strong set list, beautiful imagery and good performances.

I feel like the Born This Way Ball is hugely underrated, I mean everything about it was on point. It's set list was incredibly strong, the fashion was Gaga yet fitted the theme perfectly, every performance is memorable, it's full of highlights and the castle was breathtaking. I think it's best tour.

artRAVE is good, it looks fun but it feels like just a load of songs thrown together to put on a tour and the show is more about the runways and being closer to Gaga than actually about strong performances etc. It'll be forgotten about pretty quickly once the new era roles around as nothing memorable happens.

I disagree... I've been to each of her tours except for Fame Ball. You think people really go, "she's so successful, therefore I love this show?" She was very entertaining and gathered the most diverse crowd back then and she delivered with such energy. I think fans who came later in her career have to carry this chip on their shoulder, to tear down the great admiration for Gaga's previous work so her later works are that much special and important to them, since that is all they experienced so far depending when they became a fan. I don't understand this need to staple "overrated" on something you might not like as much, but how does that speak for anyone else but you? People are entitled to love and even have nostalgia for Gaga's past work, like the Monster Ball which was an epic enterprise in its own right especially after she was so fresh in the market. And that isn't meant to take away from her later tours as in TBTWT or ArtRave and what made them spectacular. Sure, we can sit here and nitpick all the the perceived flaws after the fact for any human enterprise on the face of the Earth. At some point, everything we do on this planet will have its limits if not in vision, in planning or execution.

Silence those demons... . 🖤

giskardsb

I like the edgy New York theme of TMB the best. It's my least fav collection of music though, although songs like Lovegame were elevated by her treatment of them. The storyline was superfluous and the angelfish kinda silly for me. You and I was epic though.

I MUCH prefer her festival performances to any of the balls though. Stripped back, more raw, more energy, more pure Gaga.

I don't think it's overrated.

I think the album itself (Fame Monster) is awesome but overrated because of the success and the great music videos we had for the songs.

But the Monster Ball was truly an amazing show

Battle 4 Ur Life

hardly. but imo artRAVE is better. even with the butchered songs.

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

MelbHawker

It all comes down to your personal opinion, guys.

All her Tours have been fabulous and universally acclaimed. 

VforVendetta

I disagree... I've been to each of her tours except for Fame Ball. You think people really go, "she's so successful, therefore I love this show?" She was very entertaining and gathered the most diverse crowd back then and she delivered with such energy. I think fans who came later in her career have to carry this chip on their shoulder, to tear down the great admiration for Gaga's previous work so her later works are that much special and important to them, since that is all they experienced so far depending when they became a fan. I don't understand this need to staple "overrated" on something you might not like as much, but how does that speak for anyone else but you? People are entitled to love and even have nostalgia for Gaga's past work, like the Monster Ball which was an epic enterprise in its own right especially after she was so fresh in the market. And that isn't meant to take away from her later tours as in TBTWT or ArtRave and what made them spectacular. Sure, we can sit here and nitpick all the the perceived flaws after the fact for any human enterprise on the face of the Earth. At some point, everything we do on this planet will have its limits if not in vision, in planning or execution.

I'm a fan since TF Era though. :koons: Bad Romance is my favorite. I was also there when the HBO special was released and I also stabbed for it. I just believe that people overrate that already amazing tour because of the success. :koons:

angelduuh

TMB is not overrated. It was her best show, in my opinion.

The stage was good but not extremely big like TBTWB, that stage was so inmense for Gaga, she looked awkward walking around on it.

Plus, she danced a lot more, the costumes were the best and she was on her best shape. For me TMB is her best tour.

TimisaMonster

If you're trying to say artRAVE is better than the Monster Ball, then no. 

TMB was better in dancing, interludes, costumes, fan interaction, story telling, props, length, etc...

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Duella Dvil

monster ball overrated?

monster ball unperfect?

BTWBall better than the iconic Monster ball?

where is my ****ing shovel?

3GDkHj.gif

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL DED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laughga:

www.instagram.com/theduella666

Duella Dvil

If you're trying to say artRAVE is better than the Monster Ball, then no. 

TMB was better in dancing, interludes, costumes, fan interaction, story telling, props, length, etc...

AGREED The Monster Ball had a whole Storyline that was really interesting when you looked in on it. On the surface the "Plot" of a Pop concert SOUNDS RIDICULOUS BUT it was such a cool way to IMMEDIATELY gain an actual attention getter. THE LIVING DRESS EXCUSE ME!!!! A FLAMING PIANO!!!! :gaga:  :gaga:  :gaga:  The choreo in Poker Face, Born This Way (When she would actually do it [also when she focused on the vocals of Born This Way :saira:  :saira:  ] and LoveGame. 

It wasn't the hype the flow between songs was WONDERFUL the interludes made the tension palpable! The costume for The Fame tho... I hate that bizarre red cape thing makes absolutely NO FUGGIN SENSE.

The way she interacted with the crowd was like a baddass sermon. The Gospel Truth BTWstyle

Now the BTWB...

WTF IS WRONG WITH THIS HOT DAM N FAN BASE!!!!! I LOVE every MOMENT of the BTWB, The UNICORN in the beginning of HWY UNICORN... AMAZEBALLS!!! KILL THE BITCXH The fashion was SO alien just like the SECRET storyline AGAIN. Which was kind of a BLATANT push at the end of the MTN video with the splosion and the aaaaahweeeeeeeoooooooooooooooo red dress fire thingy. How it is a HUGE art piece based on her rise and fall all in an UNBELIEVABLE setting. The setlist???? My god. PERFECT!!!

www.instagram.com/theduella666

Archived