Die With A Smile Music Video Banner

Concerns about artRAVE

Bradley

Featured Posts

Bradley

that's not necessary tho..  And you can't tour every 2 years ..  She should slow it down after the artRAVE. 

She should release a good album in 2015 (whether ACT 2 or something else) and then she should have a break and come back with something like  Superbowl  etc.  announcement of new music and new tour and slay the whole world :legend:

that may work but that means there is a hiatus of months for fans to have no new music....(especially the fans who don't enjoy jazz music much)

Katy Perry 17 shows: 9 000 000 gross

Gaga 14 shows: 14 000 000

Now stop.

Yes, she's better than Katy. But we know Katy isn't really that strong in grossing from tours. Gaga used to be one of the strongest, it's a matter topping herself, not topping her contemporaries.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pain of fame1

She does not want this tour to be big.. Otherwise she would add dates in Asia and Latin America..

Please STOP MELTDOWN

THIS. She had a hip surgery a year ago. Stop. The artRAVE is the biggest feminine tour of 2014, it has only started and gaa is the only one who had a broken hip...

Elizabeth

so that means, the medias are right? the demand for her tour isn't strong this time like last time?....

everything else from the US needs to save her

Partially true, depending on what country she's in. EG. she's playing far more shows in the UK for artRAVE than she did with the BTWB but substantially less shows in Australia. 

The media skews the 'facts' to fit whatever their agenda is at the time, so I wouldn't pay too much attention to what tabloids have to say. 

Now stop.

The reported gross for KP's tour, which is around $8.4 million, is from her 8 dates, not yet from her entire European leg. 

Mariano

that may work but that means there is a hiatus of months for fans to have no new music....(especially the fans who don't enjoy jazz music much)

Yes, she's better than Katy. But we know Katy isn't really that strong in grossing from tours. Gaga used to be one of the strongest, it's a matter topping herself, not topping her contemporaries.

Well she definitely needs to release new album in 2015.  She made a few missteps with BTW and then she had a big break - good.  But this time, even tho ARTPOP was 1591295 times more messy than BTW,  a break will just make things worse.  She needs to release new album in 2015 for sure.  My point was after that, she can take a break (2 years which is not that much) etc.

The reported gross for KP's tour, which is around $8.4 million, is from her 8 dates, not yet from her entire European leg. 

I can't at  everyone posting this fake wikipedia receipts :giveup: 

Katy;s tour is doing as good as Gaga (with the difference that you can't really compare UK gross with USA gross but still..) and she has a lot more demand this time (again Gaga can add 10 more dates in Asia and 10 dates in Latin America and she will surpass Katy's tour by far, but she don't need that at the moment) so ..

jojo Freud

This.

In the USA is not possible for Gaga.

In Europe and Asia it is..

Australia - she just needed promo, and it would've been good.

Latin America - she can always have decent gross there.

Africa - I've no idea, she has had only 1 show there right ? or 2 ?

I agree with Australia, there as been little promo. Katy promoted her tour via various morning shows, came to Australia like 3 times this era (compared to gagas 0). Katy even got a carrier (Telstra) to text users about her tour and promote it via their websites. She started with 2 shows in Melbourne and via the promo boosted that up to 8 shows in a single state and a single location. If gaga was able to promote the tour in Australia, the ticket sales would have been alot better than what they are rn. 

Mariano

I agree with Australia, there as been little promo. Katy promoted her tour via various morning shows, came to Australia like 3 times this era (compared to gagas 0). Katy even got a carrier (Telstra) to text users about her tour and promote it via their websites. She started with 2 shows in Melbourne and via the promo boosted that up to 8 shows in a single state and a single location. If gaga was able to promote the tour in Australia, the ticket sales would have been alot better than what they are rn. 

exactly.  BTWB is pure proof of that.  She had perfect promo for BTW there and it paid off. Then she had a whole TV Show (Monster Hall) for tour promo - and the BALL slayed.

jojo Freud

Now stop.

The gross of 9mil is only for 8 shows she has performed. Plus her Australian leg is bound to be successful, she is peforming 23 shows in Australia (8 of those being in a single state), comparing this to gagas 6, which none of yet are sold out.  

Bradley

well I never thought Australia needs promotions as introductions to ARTPOP.

I mean fans are already going to the tour regardless if there is a promo or not... really sometimes Im wondering, is the general public that blur to know that there is a tour going on if there is no promotion

jojo Freud

exactly.  BTWB is pure proof of that.  She had perfect promo for BTW there and it paid off. Then she had a whole TV Show (Monster Hall) for tour promo - and the BALL slayed.

Via the promotion of the BTW ball she sold out all 14 shows during her Aussie leg, comparing that to the 0 sold out shows out of 6 of her ARTrave aussie leg. Im not suggesting the tour is bad, or that gaga is a flop, Im just saying that if it was for even the slightest amount of promo, ticket sales would have been better. 

somechick

It's not your concern to be worrying about the gross of the artRAVE, how much money the tour makes doesn't benefit you in any way. She'll play more than one night in a place where there is demand for her to do so. 

Except for NYC this time it seems. ;)

But yeah, she has added two dates in a few cities in the US where the demand was there. Obviously in other cities there was not enough demand, and she clearly wants to keep this tour smaller than previous tours, which is probably wise.

somechick

well I never thought Australia needs promotions as introductions to ARTPOP.

I mean fans are already going to the tour regardless if there is a promo or not... really sometimes Im wondering, is the general public that blur to know that there is a tour going on if there is no promotion

The fans know there is a tour on, but the general public may not. artRave has had ZERO promo in Australia and the sales have suffered because of it. Katy's tour was promoted heaps on the radio, and I'm tipping Miley's will be too. 

For instance, I did not know that Queen & Adam Lambert were touring Australia in August too until someone mentioned it on here actually, and I would have liked to go to it (as it happens I can't because I'll be in another state - at a Gaga show) but I wouldn't have even known about it. So it can be similar with gaga for the general public.

Bradley

The fans know there is a tour on, but the general public may not. artRave has had ZERO promo in Australia and the sales have suffered because of it. Katy's tour was promoted heaps on the radio, and I'm tipping Miley's will be too. 

For instance, I did not know that Queen & Adam Lambert were touring Australia in August too until someone mentioned it on here actually, and I would have liked to go to it (as it happens I can't because I'll be in another state - at a Gaga show) but I wouldn't have even known about it. So it can be similar with gaga for the general public.

hmm, great example. I live in Malaysia and I've never been to any Gaga shows cause she's forbidden into the country :(

is it too late for her to perform at some TV Shows in Australia? I think no cause she's so full of schedule

somechick

hmm, great example. I live in Malaysia and I've never been to any Gaga shows cause she's forbidden into the country :(

is it too late for her to perform at some TV Shows in Australia? I think no cause she's so full of schedule

It's not too late for her to do some promo, but I don't think she has time once the US shows start up again and I assume she's gonna be working on cheek 2 cheek until then. :( I hate that she's selling so badly here and it makes me wonder if she would think about skipping Australia on the next tour, which would be really sad (although I'd just travel to wherever to see some shows anyway but still...). I know ARTPOP did not do well here at all either though. :( So I guess that's also a factor.

It sucks that you don't get to see her live in Malaysia too. :hugs:

ThatSLAYGUY

That perfect performance will forever be my fave  :flutter:

Archived