💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

What does it mean?!? (long-ish read)

djBuffoon

Featured Posts

djBuffoon

OMG WOW SLAY! :applause:

I feel (not to be cocky) that I've always known this and understood what ARTPOP truly is but I've never been able to truly explain it the way you have. This just makes me love ARTPOP even more! It's definately my favorite Gaga album. It's definately something which opens up to us. Gaga just opened everything up and turned it into ART in POP form.

I especially love your Marilyn canvas reference! Deep and beautiful!

Well done :applause::tea:

Gonna go listen to ARTPOP again :music:

:runhug:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
djBuffoon

Half of your meanings of the songs aren't even correct tho

Well, yes they are. But I would certainly love to hear what you think the songs mean.

Interesting read :applause:

I agree with you AND Gaga...however, not to sound rude, but the great majority of people TODAY don't care about a "deep" concept or message behind the songs they listen to...if it's catchy and simple in it's lyrics...that's all that matters...Gaga's work is TOO good to be appreciated by such a simple minded society who only wants to see her work as a beat and a catch phrase.

It's oh so sad, but it's the :tea: that burns the most...

:tea:

DeleteMyAccount

For me, I've understood what ARTPOP was all about in from the beginning.  The album/Gaga pushed me to start writing.  I remember the first short poem I wrote.  It was about being a Gypsy.  I guess ARTPOP has allowed for me to look into myself and put my mind and odd ways of thinking onto the canvas just like Gaga does.  I did a whole art collection based on BTW, but with this new album it was different.  I was inspired but not in a way that made me want to raise my voice and speak.  As of now I feel that ARTPOP has allowed me to think in a more freethinking way.  I hope that makes sense... I don't know.  Maybe I'm just rambling, yet this era was been great IMO.  And it's made me a stronger person within.  That's why I love Gaga I guess.

I pretty much agree with all that you said about the album, but I don't think that is really related to the ARTPOP part of it.

I don't know if I'm really communicating this clearly, but when you said

"I think the idea is that, instead of openheartedly empowering us like in Born This Way, Gaga inversely trusts and challenges us here to find ourselves in her story," I feel that that is the context/background of the album and what Gaga was writing about, but it isn't ARTPOP. My interpretation is that the subject matter is not "ARTPOP", but rather the way it is conveyed is: the production, the visuals, the outfit, etc. I think "ARTPOP" is the idea that pop music (well some of it) deserves to be critiqued as what it is (in her/our minds) -fine art- rather than a bubblegummy, generic beat to bob to and then forget about. Additionally, I think it conveys the message that she deserves to be considered an artist, an 'ARTPOP-ist,' if you will, rather than just another one of Hollywood's pieces of meat to obsess over and then abandon. Through this album she is cementing herself as one of the cultural legends of our time, by self-proclaiming herself to be a member of a new class of artists.

Basically, I think all that you said is totally true accept that I think "creating from what you know. It’s about bringing yourself to the table and showing what you are made of, without compromise" is not ARTPOP.

Great read, by the way!  :applause: 

Ronk

the great majority of people TODAY don't care about a "deep" concept or message behind the songs they listen to...if it's catchy and simple in it's lyrics...that's all that matters...Gaga's work is TOO good to be appreciated ...

This is, unfortunately, true.  And Gaga had the courage and commitment to create ARTPOP even though this is true.  It shows how deeply devoted Gaga is to her vision and her art.  She is willing to sacrifice anything to give us this gift; to give the world this gift.  The gift she gives is not just music, but is her, her thoughts, her inspiration, her dreams.

I live outside the space time continuum.

TimisaMonster

This is, unfortunately, true.  And Gaga had the courage and commitment to create ARTPOP even though this is true.  It shows how deeply devoted Gaga is to her vision and her art.  She is willing to sacrifice anything to give us this gift; to give the world this gift.  The gift she gives is not just music, but is her, her thoughts, her inspiration, her dreams.

When will these other basic pop stars take their work seriously like Gaga does? NEVAAAHHH! :megaflop:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Ronk

When will these other basic pop stars take their work seriously like Gaga does? NEVAAAHHH! :megaflop:

I think they do take their work seriously.  Their work is to produce music that will top the charts and make the most money.  Their music brings joy to a great many people and, actually, we need music for all the different tastes.  We are just fortunate that Gaga takes a different route and does not conform or buckle under pressure.  We are the happy beneficiaries of what Gaga is doing.

I think it's a two-way street.  We wouldn't Gaga to produce music like the other pop stars.  But a great many people wouldn't like their faves to change and produce music like Gaga's.  The way I see it, all is good.

Btw, I love the OP.  GGD needs more thoughtful and reasoned discussions like this one.

I live outside the space time continuum.

djBuffoon

For me, I've understood what ARTPOP was all about in from the beginning.  The album/Gaga pushed me to start writing.  I remember the first short poem I wrote.  It was about being a Gypsy.  I guess ARTPOP has allowed for me to look into myself and put my mind and odd ways of thinking onto the canvas just like Gaga does.  I did a whole art collection based on BTW, but with this new album it was different.  I was inspired but not in a way that made me want to raise my voice and speak.  As of now I feel that ARTPOP has allowed me to think in a more freethinking way.  I hope that makes sense... I don't know.  Maybe I'm just rambling, yet this era was been great IMO.  And it's made me a stronger person within.  That's why I love Gaga I guess.

No, what you said makes perfect sense. I can't describe why, but this era has freed up my mind when it comes to observing art (cinema, visuals, television, performance, etc) in a much more open-minded and visceral way. I am no longer wary of observing different types of works and a--lyzing them.

Basically, I think all that you said is totally true accept that I think "creating from what you know. It’s about bringing yourself to the table and showing what you are made of, without compromise" is not ARTPOP.

Great read, by the way!  :applause: 

Thank you for reading it!

djBuffoon

Btw, I love the OP.  GGD needs more thoughtful and reasoned discussions like this one.

:hug:

Tropico

For me, I've understood what ARTPOP was all about in from the beginning. The album/Gaga pushed me to start writing. I remember the first short poem I wrote. It was about being a Gypsy. I guess ARTPOP has allowed for me to look into myself and put my mind and odd ways of thinking onto the canvas just like Gaga does. I did a whole art collection based on BTW, but with this new album it was different. I was inspired but not in a way that made me want to raise my voice and speak. As of now I feel that ARTPOP has allowed me to think in a more freethinking way. I hope that makes sense... I don't know. Maybe I'm just rambling, yet this era was been great IMO. And it's made me a stronger person within. That's why I love Gaga I guess.

ME TOO GOOD LAWD! I started writing music since ARTPOP came out and my love for art has grown in a way no one will understand :sara:

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

DeleteMyAccount

No, what you said makes perfect sense. I can't describe why, but this era has freed up my mind when it comes to observing art (cinema, visuals, television, performance, etc) in a much more open-minded and visceral way. I am no longer wary of observing different types of works and a--lyzing them.

Yes, "free my mind, ARTPOP."   :)

ME TOO GOOD LAWD! I started writing music since ARTPOP came out and my love for art has grown in a way no one will understand :sara:

Archived