Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Concern arises about Ex-Baseball star's skin bleaching

Supersonic

Featured Posts

Supersonic

In 2009, former MLB slugger Sammy Sosa appeared at a music awards show sporting a much lighter complexion than he had just months earlier. The puzzlement grew so loud that Sosa went on Spanish-language television to deny that he was either sick or self-loathing, and that his new skin tone also wasn’t the result of steroid use.

“It’s a bleaching cream that I apply before going to bed and whitens my skin some,” Sosa said on Univision’s “Primer Impacto” program. “It’s a cream that I have, that I use to soften [my skin], but has bleached me some. I’m not a racist, I live my life happily.

We haven’t seen a whole lot of Sosa since then, but earlier this week he made a brief appearance on ESPN during its coverage of the home run derby. Let’s just say that the puzzlement only has grown louder.

ct-sammy-sosa-hall-of-fame-spt-0120-2017

Source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2017/07/13/sammy-sosas-appearance-gets-even-more-peculiar/?utm_term=.f82a94552f62

boyerased

He looks good with the darker skin but if he wants a lighter skin so be it. It's not about race or what all the time. His nody, his choice.

Talent

The self-hate. That's heartbreaking. Black IS beautiful and powerful. :smh:

🔵 - Banned because I quoted a stupid meme. Literally. So, yeah.

Panchecco

he looks like a completely different person :saladga:

but if he feels better now, good for him

Edonis

This is legit concerning and I don't understand how some people in this thread are taking it so nonchalantly like "if he's happy, etc." :air:

I'm hoping this is a side effect from his meds like he says it is and he's not doing it for self-image reasons. 

Babel

He's a baseball legend, I haven't heard from him in ages and now I... can't believe that's him. :duck:

Archived