💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

What do you think about those who go ALL OUT for their outfits?

Arturo

Featured Posts

ItsTommyBitch

Tip: The outfit from the Just Dance music video is super easy to make for a guy.

True... But i want to do something a bit more "ARTPOP"    :ARTPOP:

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PigInsideAHuman

I feel like its nice that they admire her and want to dress like her at her concerts. But I have two problems with this:

1. Gaga says to be yourself. And I don't think some of those people normally dress like that.

2. Gaga has said she wants people to bring out their own creativity. When you look in an audience full of copies it feels....need I say? Reductive. 

TBH you know there are gonna be a ton of kids at ArtRave that dress in these five looks:

-Something mermaid inspired with seashells like the venus look

-Something with a flanel, the teeth, and the hat and flannel t like the dope look

-The face paint applause look

-white wigs....lots of white wigs

-fake dred locks and oversized forever 21 flannels with an "artsy" print on it

GIVE ME A BREAK!

Come up with your own idea of what ARTPOP means to you and WEAR IT!

I am currently making an artistic jacket made with imbedded old iphones and ipad screens all over like a collage that are all playing my favorite pop music videos on repeat. I've been working on it for months. Costs me a ton. But its ****ing original! lol 

Those are the types of people I want to meet at the ARTRAVE. They seem like the fun/creative fans I've come to know and love. I will also be going "all out" at the concert, as will my group of friends I'm going with. 

We're all Stronger Together!

Innovative

I feel like its nice that they admire her and want to dress like her at her concerts. But I have two problems with this:

1. Gaga says to be yourself. And I don't think some of those people normally dress like that.

2. Gaga has said she wants people to bring out their own creativity. When you look in an audience full of copies it feels....need I say? Reductive. 

TBH you know there are gonna be a ton of kids at ArtRave that dress in these five looks:

-Something with a flanel, the teeth, and the hat and flannel t like the dope look

GIVE ME A BREAK!

I am currently making an artistic jacket made with imbedded old iphones and ipad screens all over like a collage that are all playing my favorite pop music videos on repeat. I've been working on it for months. Costs me a ton. But its ****ing original! lol 

Your ripping apart others but anyone could easily say your inspiration is the old iPod POP MUSIC glasses + the iPad dress..

ItsTommyBitch

GIVE ME A BREAK!

This is all true... but imitation is a form of flattery. It takes effort to cosplay, The purpose of cosplaying is not to show how original or unique you are, and the false idea of unique-ness as the ultimate form of "creativity and self-expression" is ... well false, lol.

Many people hand make their costumes. They put hard work into them, some use alternative methods because not every1 can afford the "actual" costume parts. 

Your welcome to dress however you want, original or not. The fact that people will dress like Gaga is just a sign of her effect on people -- highly inspiring. 

Just look fabulous. Or wear shorts and a t-shirt. It doesnt matter in the end. Gaga is not going to get mad because people like her look. Whatever you want to do :)   :kisses:

Personally if i was the kind of person to dress up elaborately, id rather make something subtle myself.. I am actually meeting up with my cousin who is a fashion designer before i go to the ARTPOP Ball and if i dont just make something make-shifty myself, (which might happen, because i dont want to make her have to do this for me!) she's going to help make me my iconic outfit. It might have seashells on it and other homages to the ARTPOP era, but that doesnt make it not original or unique :P 

I agree with what your saying, but at the same time i disagree xD

Peace out

o/  :gaga:

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

Seeka

GIVE ME A BREAK!

Neither of these really makes sense, especially to well... anyone, really.

To put into prospective, can't you be yourself by enjoying an artist? Paying homage?

Also there are a few things I would like to point out...

Cosplayers do not dress up as characters every single day.

Most people who wear Japanese Street fashions do not wear them every single day (this is excluding celebrities)

Also, a lot of people just wear jeans and t-shirts all the time. Is that reductive?

I think this is really a special occasion, and really, your math doesn't really apply.

Yes some people aren't exactly creative, and tend to just make their own representation of Gaga's looks, but it does take some talent to make those decently. But also, while you can be creative, you have to make it something related to Gaga.

You shouldn't really be ripping apart people when your post doesn't really make sense and rips itself apart.

Also, do you really wanting to be spending that much money on something that's gonna break and malfunction as soon as someone spills a cherry slurpee on it?

PigInsideAHuman

Your ripping apart others but anyone could easily say your inspiration is the old iPod POP MUSIC glasses + the iPad dress..

except mine is way cooler than that! and I've been thinking about for wayyyyy longer than the ipad dress.

this :manicure:

except mine is way cooler than that! and I've been thinking about for wayyyyy longer than the ipad dress.

what defines "cool"?

Arturo

Its annoying when your standing in GA and some b---h with a huge headpiece comes and blocks your view tbh

Which is why I got seats :awkney:

PigInsideAHuman

this :manicure:

what defines "cool"?

quit bashing my ****! its dope as fuuuuuuuckkkk and slays. i just think people should be a little more original. 

Seeka

quit bashing my ****! its dope as fuuuuuuuckkkk and slays. i just think people should be a little more original. 

Quit while you're behind, you've kind of already made yourself sound like an extraordinarily large douche.

GIVE ME A BREAK!

I'm sorry, but you're being ridiculously pretentious. Don't diminish other peoples creativity, whether it be homage or not, when obviously they're taking the time to make something that is special to them. Not cool.

LittIe Monster

i think its cool and fun way to express yourself! :party: that's what it is all about right?? :) 

PigInsideAHuman

I'm sorry, but you're being ridiculously pretentious. Don't diminish other peoples creativity, whether it be homage or not, when obviously they're taking the time to make something that is special to them. Not cool.

ITS NOT CREATIVITY when THEY didn't CREATE it. 

Archived