Die With A Smile Music Video Banner

Thoughts on the bulimia criticism

itschris

Featured Posts

I just want to start off by saying that I've been a fan of Gaga's since the beginning and I didn't really think anything of the sxsw performance, but I've noticed that quote a few celebrities are pointing out the wrong in the whole vomit "art" performance. Demi Lovato and Perez Hilton have criticized it on social media and I'm beginning to think it is pretty wrong for someone with such a high social status to promote something that affects thousands of people. I think it's a cry for attention and I'm not liking this whole persona. Gaga keeps saying this is "her" and that people don't believe her, but how is it "her" if she's constantly dramatically changing her image and persona. This is not the same gaga that we used to know and love. What are your thoughts? And I don't want to see avid gaga fans saying run or to go kill myself please.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Computer

Well if Perez criticized it, then...

:toofunny:

💚💛💕❣⭕💢💢 | ⓜⓔⓡⓡⓨ ©ⓗⓡⓘⓢⓣⓜⓐⓢ

Princess Die

I don't think a twelve year-old should be tweeting whether Gaga is artsy or not. :)

Nod if you wanna make love with the enemy. ❤

Helix

As someone who has had bulimia I just don't get how watching Millie vomit paint could make someone develop bulimia? So, I don't REALLY agree with the critiscism. Ya, its their opinion and I'm cool with that but I wont be siding with them.

Perez is an idiot, but I don't know. I mean if someone grabs their own poop and smears it on gaga, is that considered "art" too?

Scarlet Witch

She's not promoting EDs, there's nothing much to be said except for those haters (Perez).

Jester

Gaga keeps saying this is "her" and that people don't believe her, but how is it "her" if she's constantly dramatically changing her image and persona. This is not the same gaga that we used to know and love. What are your thoughts?

She's a shapeshifter, every icon... she tried to explain it so many times.

In my eyes she has too much to show us to be trapped inside just one person. :queenga:

display name

"Demi Lovato and Perez Hilton have criticized it on social media and I'm beginning to think it is pretty wrong for someone with such a high social status to promote something that affects thousands of people." This is where I have an issue with your way of thinking. How was she promoting mental illness? She was promoting the idea of two artists coming together and celebrating each other's artistry. Also, she is the same person she has always been. You may not approve of her recent performance, but she is not somebody else, just because of your disapproval of her.

I am not trying to belittle you or offend you, but I believe you need to reexamine your thoughts. I have not always approved of Gaga's actions, nor do I believe puking is a good means of expressing one's artistry; however, the intention of Gaga's and Millie Brown's performance is more important than my personal beliefs. Gaga did not intend to promote mental illness, and I do not believe the nature of her performance should be twisted in order to suggest that.

Willy Wonka

I will say this:

I think everyone who keeps dismissing this criticism as baseless or coming from "haters" is ignoring a big opportunity to actually intelligently discuss and a--lyze the criticism. It's really complex and brings up a lot of interesting questions.

HYPERCRUSH

As someone who has had bulimia I just don't get how watching Millie vomit paint could make someone develop bulimia? So, I don't REALLY agree with the critiscism. Ya, its their opinion and I'm cool with that but I wont be siding with them.

this

TimisaMonster

Perez has always been dragging Gaga...even when she was doing nice things, so his credibility of opinion doesn't matter to me

Demi Lovato is a Gaga fan and perhaps she herself struggled through this, but yeah there is a very abrasive thing to see especially when none of us were expecting that, but lets think back...this is the SECOND time Gaga has done this. First was for TMB interlude...

Why did nobody critisize the "Exorcist" film when it was being played around the world on an big o' IMAX screen? :usrs:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Poker

I just want to start off by saying that I've been a fan of Gaga's since the beginning and I didn't really think anything of the sxsw performance, but I've noticed that quote a few celebrities are pointing out the wrong in the whole vomit "art" performance. Demi Lovato and Perez Hilton have criticized it on social media and I'm beginning to think it is pretty wrong for someone with such a high social status to promote something that affects thousands of people. I think it's a cry for attention and I'm not liking this whole persona. Gaga keeps saying this is "her" and that people don't believe her, but how is it "her" if she's constantly dramatically changing her image and persona. This is not the same gaga that we used to know and love. What are your thoughts? And I don't want to see avid gaga fans saying run or to go kill myself please.

She did the same in 2010. You point is invalid.

Kindness rules all.

Archived