💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Why we should be boycotting SXSW event of Gaga.

Leninsdog

Featured Posts

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
KadeLindsay12

Why does it matter? Someone is always complaining about something! I just wish they would have given monsters the chance to purchase tickets!

MJHolland

1. it's going to the BTWF 

2. like people said in a previous thread, Ã¢â‚¬â€¹one performance is NOT one song

3. if gaga got paid the big bucks for ARTPOP, how does that change the music that's already been made? Why do you care that big companies are gaining profit off of you buying HER art?? Oh I know, you care about being a hipster and "fighting the man" more than you do Gaga.

We should boycott you tbh

JazzGa

Lol are you new to mainstream music? All of her tours have had a corporate sponsor, and most major music festivals have a corporate sponsor too. I don't see much difference between Virgin Mobile's The Monster Ball Tour and Doritos SXSW. 

If you don't like corporations getting their sticky fingers into your music, I'll be waiting for you over on Pitchfork and Bandcamp ;) 

Do you have a personal vendetta against Doritos because they've done something your morally disagree with? Now that I would understand, for example, if Gaga did something sponsored by Chic-Fil-A, who is known to have a homophobic agenda, I would feel like she was selling out. But I haven't heard anything bad about Doritos and afaik they want to present a progressive, youthful image, I dunno. 

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

TimisaMonster

So...every performance, every concert, and every festival she's ever done has been for nothing? Is she EVER supposed to perform her music? :smh:

I read your entire though, but I don't see how any of it makes sense...:awkney:

You'll be ok...just calm down and enjoy the show tomorrow, cuz I know you will when she performs a new song from ACT II and this entire thread becomes a complete embarassment :usrs:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Haroon

I really don't get it, and I've read every word of this thread :duck: Okay they're able to use the submissions for whatever, I don't see the problem in that really, nobody is getting harmed :shrug: 

Leninsdog

Lol are you new to mainstream music? All of her tours have had a corporate sponsor, and most major music festivals have a corporate sponsor too. I don't see much difference between Virgin Mobile's The Monster Ball Tour and Doritos SXSW. 

If you don't like corporations getting their sticky fingers into your music, I'll be waiting for you over on Pitchfork and Bandcamp ;)

Do you have a personal vendetta against Doritos because they've done something your morally disagree with? Now that I would understand, for example, if Gaga did something sponsored by Chic-Fil-A, who is known to have a homophobic agenda, I would feel like she was selling out. But I haven't heard anything bad about Doritos and afaik they want to present a progressive, youthful image, I dunno. 

I'm sorry but I don't really support any other mainstream musicians, and I don't really believe that Gaga is one. And I became a fan after BTW. 

I have nothing for Doritos but this is an advertising ploy that they shouldn't use.

PLEASE NOTE THAT BY SUBMITTING A SUBMISSION VIA THE HASHTAGS ABOVE, YOU GRANT SPONSOR THE RIGHT TO POST THE SUBMISSION ON ITS WEBSITES AND SOCIAL MEDIA SITES FOREVER WITHOUT ANY ADDITIONAL PERMISSION OR COMPENSATION.

This is also true for Facebook and probably most social networks. When you post photos such as a profile picture, you grant them the ability to use them for things such as ads.

And this is no reason to boycott the event. You want to go but dislike the *possibility* of your photo being used? Too bad, but the decision is simple to make. If fans don't like the way some prices are being handled, like the Applause promotional contest, then don't participate. Easy as that. Plus, most fans still get to enjoy it!

Music is a celebration. And this festival is an example of that. It's dumb to focus on such trivial things. I mean, come on. And this in no way contradicts "music not the bling". Gaga has showed us plenty of times that she truly believes in that.

heavymlover

So this is because of the sponsors? I don't know if you're aware, but Gaga's entire career is sponsored, regardless of how independent she wants to be. Her music videos, her tours, her festivals... There's always a company behind her. That's why she is a pop star and not an indie singer.

About the process to get tickets, I'm not a big fan of that either, but it's not that big of a deal.

Vernier

Are you trying to say the corporate sponsors of the event are trying to make money by getting Gaga fans to participate in these contests and that's a bad thing? :smh:

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

When did ART and MUSIC become so commercial? Where have you been? That IS pop culture. That is modern culture.

Sell, sell, sell, profit. 

Our ideals and even gaga's ideals don't make it fact, and everyone needs to make a buck somehow. SxSW gets promotion, Gaga gets a performance and public time, and her fans get a good show. Or any music fans who will be there to see other sets.

I don't quite understand what you are upset about? If you upset about the current system, then boycotting SxSW won't do a thing. It wouldn't do a thing anyways. Change only happens when there is a clear goal and everyone fights for the same thing.

If there is anything you should be upset about its the social system we currently live in. If you want to boycott or protest anything. It's that. Use your voice for more meaningful things. 

Archived