Featured Posts

Runway

Ending of paparazzi era/ bad romance demo leak :legend:

And her Ellen Speechless performance :giveup:

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Poker Face got me hooked.

I used to "hate" her for absolutely no reason since Just Dance (still my least favourite single from her), and then I used to make fun of Poker Face. Then I started listening to it. More. And more. Until I literally created a playlist on repeat with it being the only song there. It's still one of my favourite songs ever. It got me irrevocably hooked, and then TFM made me a true fan. 

TRYMCNL

Probably late-TF or very early/before TFM. Summer of 2009 I loved her singles. Then her VMA performance sealed the deal for me. 

Early Poker Face era. I picked up The Fame at my local record store (which is now closed, sadly :( ) because I liked the album art. I'd never heard of her before and instantly fell in love. And here I am, almost five and a half years later, still following her every move. I can't believe it's been that long already, wow.

CRYSTAL CASTLES // AMNESTY (I)

Computer

After Poker Face peaked and into Lovegame I tuned in and then Wale/Chillin/Paparazzi era videos did me in.

💚💛💕❣⭕💢💢 | ⓜⓔⓡⓡⓨ ©ⓗⓡⓘⓢⓣⓜⓐⓢ

sheismirage

Same as the OP, pretty much.

I started being a regular fan with Poker Face, but really became obsessed with Bad Romance.

Exactly the same !

MegaMiles

Bad Romance video got me hooked! I watched it on a daily basis like a religion. But waiting for the premiere of the Telephone video made me realize that I was a fan.

Slade

I was fan before Just Dance blew up, a friend of mine turned me onto the song. A few months later it was EVERYWHERE, and I was so happy! I loved her from the first time I heard that song...never looked back! :flutter:

GagaDragon

Hmmm i listened to her since she dropped Just Dance and really liked her but i wouldn't call myself a fan during the TF period, i just liked her and her music as i did with many other artists.

That started changing when i listened to Alejandro for the first time, that song was something special and i started becoming a fan around then.

Shadow

Poker Face got me hooked.

I used to "hate" her for absolutely no reason since Just Dance (still my least favourite single from her), and then I used to make fun of Poker Face. Then I started listening to it. More. And more. Until I literally created a playlist on repeat with it being the only song there. It's still one of my favourite songs ever. It got me irrevocably hooked, and then TFM made me a true fan.

It is interesting to read about fans like you that started out hating her but then her music or something about her brings them around. Sounds like the music hooked you. :P

Dancing in the Shadow... 🖤

Archived