💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Why do a lot of people seem to hate Dope?

IAmTheX

Featured Posts

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
degenerate

God, I love this song. Everything y'all are saying you hate about it is why I love it. The wrecked vocals, the not necessarily relatable content. I've watched this performance probably 100 times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xi0qRlsChEM

Better Day

What about it?

You spelt ARTPOP wrong gurl

Together You And I!

lxdygxga

I find it a strong song and much better than I Wanna Be With You, but it is a bit of a fun sponge on ARTPOP. It's all so party and fun, and then it comes on and kind of kills the vibe. I think it'd have been better fitted to Act II (assuming Brooklyn Nights is also on Act II, as the two go well together about her past and her demons), or as a deluxe edition bonus.

I used to dislike it but i grew to really love it.

Her vocals are weird and slurry while the ugly bass adds into it making the song sound raw and emotional. The song gives me the image of like having a drunk person try to hang onto you while they tell you they're sorry and to take them back.

it didn't belong on ARTPOP but I love it.

doseofamnesia. tumblr. com

PopBitch

I love it live.  On the album maybe be a little more subtlety in her deliverance vocally rather than her;80s power ballad wailing in a few places would have made the song even better.  But live that small criticism all falls away and it is electrifying and moving.  I get chills.  I like darker music, though.  .

I just don't like the sound of her voice in the song. The low notes sounds so forced, and to me its unpleasant to listen to.  :shrug:

TEANUS

I prefer I Wanna Be With You, it's kind of happy but yet still mourningful! It's a good balance unlike Dope which is 100% downer

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

Creyk

I will try to put this nicely....it sounds horrible

What was she thinking?

The instrumental is awesome, and then that vocal delivery :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

Why did your team let you do this

And why did they let you put this on your album

Just why

90 songs, and then we get this

Really?

I mean, really?

101361-could-you-not-chloe-gif-girl-n-7H

It really looks like a song that will resonate much more with people who have battled with addiction (and/or depression) or have loved ones who did or still do. Those slurred lyrics, the self-depreciation, the grief - these are all so raw and powerful to me I can't imagine this song not being considered one of the strongest on the album. But YMMV of course.

bionic

- Awful vocals (was her mouth full of marbles/water when she recorded this?)

- Awful dope comparison 

- The song doesn't go anywhere

- Totally interrupts the flow/mood of ARTPOP

buy bionic

HarryTheNight

i love it so much, im glad its on the album even though its a bit of a downer, i can relate to it so well though and it makes me cry.

people who don't like it have never been in love and been a drunk mess and cried over someone. tbh

Archived