💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

ARTPOP Sales figures receipt for 2013!

Featured Posts

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do shipments represent sales to the artist?

How does that work?  Do stores purchase albums hoping they can sell them, or does the artist get no money until the store sells the album to a customer, or is the artist forced to return money if the store returns unsold copies?  I'm curious how that all works.

I live outside the space time continuum.

AdelaAngelo

This continues to remind me that Miley really hasn't sold that much considering the endless talk about her...

i know... there was an article about how much the press and actually everyone tries to make miley look like a superstar, comparing her sales to random ppl who have sold less, and, on the other hand, doing the exact opposit with gaga - comparing her sales to katy, for example, so she looks like a failure and constantly instilling in ppl that ARTPOP is a flop and she is over and thus, making them not want to buy it. also, the mtv VMA performance; idk if you know what actually happened there - gaga had been preparing a breathtaking performance but MTV didn't allow her to make it because ''she would take miley's spotlight'' so she had like a few days to think up a new one. it is horrible how the media is manipulating us all the time...  :manicure:

Pain of fame1

SLAAAAY ARTPOP :worship:  You guys dont realice that people hate gaga and that the real ARTPOP SALES have been 'covered' in a way and that she has REALLY SOLD MORE THAN 1. 7 MIILIONS? I am sure this is real, DONT YOU REMEBER WHEN GAGA SAID THAT IN THE FIRST 2 WEEKS ARTPOP had sold 1.2 millions? GAGA WOULDNT TOLD WRONG INFORMATION AS IT WAS DIRECTLY TAKEN FROM INTERSCOPE...

How does that work? Do stores purchase albums hoping they can sell them, or does the artist get no money until the store sells the album to a customer, or is the artist forced to return money if the store returns unsold copies? I'm curious how that all works.

Its exactly what i want to know! Hope someone answers :p

Huh. Doubt it, to be honest. She's sold ~1,2M in 2013 according to MediaTraffic, it can't be THAT far off!

Like, it's impossible to me to have 20% of your sales come from the US when the only hit from your album was a hit local to the US :toofunny:

Perhaps it's shipments.

It was a huge hit here in Spain tbh

Shipments or physical copies, these numbers are calulated for each artists in the same way... so... what difference does it make? I remember here in Paris the first days was almost impossible to find the CD+DVD Edition at FNAC... Last time I checked there were all the versions, including Japanese Imports. This album performed pretty well.

I'm a real Fire CRRRACKERRR

Whispering

Shipments or physical copies, these numbers are calulated for each artists in the same way... so... what difference does it make? I remember here in Paris the first days was almost impossible to find the CD+DVD Edition at FNAC... Last time I checked there were all the versions, including Japanese Imports. This album performed pretty well.

Exactly! That means that worldwide, Gaga is not far behind Katy and she is doing better than Drake and Lorde.

Eminem is doing better than everyone. lol

Darcklighter22

was was the number for the first weeks sales?

but 2.3 for  November 11 thru december 31 us still pretty impressive 

Its exactly what i want to know! Hope someone answers :p

Stores purchase albums at a discounted price due to the bulk shipments.

The money earned from those purchases is divided amongst the label and the team that created the song.

The 14.99 prices you see are store prices created to make them a profit or at least break even with the shipment. Inventory, however, does not convey to the sales that you see on Billboard. The sales you see are actual purchases made by customers purchasing from the seller (since they can't do it from the label directly, unless they go on Interscope's site). The Billboard/chart sales track actual consumer purchases, not the purchases of businesses or other private entities.

Pain of fame1

SLAAAAY ARTPOP :worship:  You guys dont realice that people hate gaga and that the real ARTPOP SALES have been 'covered' in a way and that she has REALLY SOLD MORE THAN 1. 7 MIILIONS? I am sure this is real, DONT YOU REMEBER WHEN GAGA SAID THAT IN THE FIRST 2 WEEKS ARTPOP had sold 1.2 millions? GAGA WOULDNT TOLD WRONG INFORMATION AS IT WAS DIRECTLY TAKEN FROM INTERSCOPE...

THIS

TraeumereiLPB

Will all the people who bashed Gaga the past few months now jump back on the train, now that they now ARTPOP did not flop?

It's hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead.

Applause was not a local single. It may not be a hit in your country but yes in the rest of Europe, and it was also successful on Latin America and some asian countries.

Yet it sold less than Lovegame/Judas outside the US :shrug:

Archived