Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th

Are Gaga MV too Predictable ?

Blue Jeans

Featured Posts

Ladle Ghoulash

I don't think predictable is the right word. I think that she has a distinct style, a formula, so to speak (and this formula is most-likely subconscious). To call her MVs predictable would be to call her music predictable, as, chances are, with each album/single: 

-it's going to be electronic

-it's going to be dance music

-it's going to have a big chorus

-the structure will be: (potentially intro)-(potential vocal or synth hook)-verse-pre-chorus-chorus-verse-chorus-bridge-chorus

I think there's nothing wrong with having a specific style or structure to things, as long as it doesn't become to calculated and you're not totally married to it. 

I think she should do things the way she wants as long as the inspiration is genuine.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jewels n Drugs

Anything she does is fine with me.  She never seems to disappoint 

Though I do agree they are predictable, that's what makes them not predictable, if that makes sense.  Like you expect broad, vague things to happen, but you never know what they are going to be like.

this

oh look when you werent looking my motorcycle turned into a piano

Runway

well... you always know there'll be a part of the video with Gaga wearing a bra and panties while doing the choreography but it's her trademark and all her videos are unique so i don't see any problem

MJHolland

Soooooo... No story line? No costumes? No choreography?

What's the point of a music video where the music is dance, has a message, and she's KNOWN for her fashion?

This... 

Like seriously, storyline, costumes, and choreography?!?!?! Can you get any broader??? Next it's gonna be "gaga's videos are so predictable, I mean we all know that she's gonna be in them and that music is gonna be playing to some form of visuals!!"

VasilisVas

inb4 Gaga's next video is like Adele's Rolling in the Deep and she's just sitting on a chair for the whole entire video. :flop:

TimisaMonster

This... 

Like seriously, storyline, costumes, and choreography?!?!?! Can you get any broader??? Next it's gonna be "gaga's videos are so predictable, I mean we all know that she's gonna be in them and that music is gonna be playing to some form of visuals!!"

Gaga is so boring...why is she in her OWN music videos? I don't understand why she doesn't just let the music speak for itself without her! :derpga:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Applause has the dance number, but for some reason, it felt different than her other work.

Because there was no storyline. It felt underwhelming perhaps?

I would die for a Lovegame/Pokerface type video if Venus is ever a single. Even Sexxx Dreams or GUY. It's just been so long since we have had beautiful pure pop music nonsense.

I actually get what you mean with all the factors you've pointed out. But to answer your question, I'd say it's predictable yet unpredictable. Predictable with what you've said, but unpredictable on what we would actually see. I'd never forget my reaction when I've seen the MVs for Bad Romance, Telephone, Alejandro, BTW, Judas, TEOG all the way to Applause. None gave me what I've expected. And that's why I LOVE her music videos. It's always been an experience of awe, surprise, and sometimes shock. 

I definitely know what you're saying. It's always like this with her, though. Really bizarre and often dark imagery, strange dance moves, and over-the-top fashion. While there's nothing wrong with that, I would like to see her do a We Found Love sort of thing. Just a relatable video for the average viewer that can still be the typical intense Gaga stuff. 

Archived