Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Is Lady Gaga the real RedOne?

VforVendetta

Featured Posts

Anderson123

I kind of agree. RedOne would have never come up with a song like Bad Romance or Scheiße for an artist like Nicki Minaj or Jennifer Lopez. And that's because those two are NOT like Lady Gaga. Gaga likes to be involved 200% in her work, while other popstars do this and that, but the producers are the ones who create most of the song.

I'm not saying this is how they all work, because we're not there to see the process. But I agree that Gaga is the one with all of these ideas, and RedOne creates the beats and stuff, but Gaga decides what to do with those sounds. I remember this video of Gaga saying how RedOne was creating the beat for Scheiße and she said it reminded her of these Berlin clubs she went to, so they wrote the song based on that. RedOne KIND OF used this same beat or structure for Swallow My Bullet by Porcelain Black. I'm not saying he recycled Scheiße, I'm just saying that since he was involved in both songs, he may have wanted to do something like that for other artist, but it's not the same thing.

I think it's obvious that Lady Gaga is becoming more and more involved in the production of her music, and I agree that she was probably the key to Poker Face, Bad Romance, Judas and Scheiße's sound, but RedOne is also the one who helped get those ideas out and put them in the song.

Venus, on the other hand, I see that it's one of ARTPOP's highlight songs (not mine, though) but I see why people love it. I agree that it's a great song, and an amazing debut for Gaga as a solo producer.

And it's not just RedOne, look at what DJ White Shadow, Fernando Garibay and Madeon produced with Gaga, it's not what they usually do, and this is because of Gaga's vision and ideas. I think it's like a 50% and 50%. 

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Miranda Sings

They have musical chemistry. RedOne's other tracks are basic and generic because the artists he's working with are basic and generic. Gaga isn't. They work very well together. It's clear he produced. I don't think that's even a question.

Botticelli Punk

I think that Gaga has such a distinct vision that she is able to bring out something unique out of all of her producers. Look at the music that she made with DJ White Shadow, for example. DJWS is predominately a trap/house producer and yet they've produced a glam-rock/dance track together (MANiCURE) and hair-metal-esque/industrial dance track (Born This Way). Also, her work with Madeon: he predominantly makes french house/nu disco tracks (see: Icarus), yet, they made an industrial/prog-metal influenced track together (Mary Jane Holland) and those are just two small examples.

Exactly what I thought  :worship:

VforVendetta

I think that Gaga has such a distinct vision that she is able to bring out something unique out of all of her producers. Look at the music that she made with DJ White Shadow, for example. DJWS is predominately a trap/house producer and yet they've produced a glam-rock/dance track together (MANiCURE) and hair-metal-esque/industrial dance track (Born This Way). Also, her work with Madeon: he predominantly makes french house/nu disco tracks (see: Icarus), yet, they made an industrial/prog-metal influenced track together (Mary Jane Holland) and those are just two small examples.

I see your point but actually you are wrong is something. Zedd, Madeon and DJWS haven't worked in Pop and dance music of that kind before, especially Madeon and DJWS, so we don't really know what their sound on that kind of music is, Gaga gave us their debut or exclusive works. RedOne has worked with plenty other pop artists except from Gaga and his production rarely to never has apporaches his works with Gaga.

It's the combination. REDONE is pop and Gaga is art, and together they make art that's easy for people to relate to.

Ladle Ghoulash

I see your point but actually you are wrong is something. Zedd, Madeon and DJWS haven't worked in Pop and dance music of that kind before, especially Madeon and DJWS, so we don't really know what their sound on that kind of music is, Gaga gave us their debut or exclusive works. RedOne has worked with plenty other pop artists except from Gaga and his production rarely to never has apporaches his works with Gaga.

But, I feel like you've kind of missed my point. I agree with the highlighted point, but, the highlighted point kind of highlights my original point: Gaga brought out a new sound in them while they were collaborating. If you listen to the music these artists have made, as far as non-Gaga collaborations are concerned, you can tell where their musical tendencies lie; but, the point of my post was to state that Gaga's vision brings out different musical tendencies and influences in people. 

(and, secondly, Zedd and Madeon have both collaborated with pop artists before (Zedd: Rihanna, Justin Bieber, Madeon: Ellie Goulding, Two Door Cinema Club)

i dont think so, to me i can here a clear difference in the production of PF/BR/Judas etc and Venus, idk Redone productions just seem really crisp, i dunno how to explain but Venus and a lot of DJWS productions just feel demo-ish, its like theres been TOO much thought into it that it just ends up sounding like fizzing sounds with no coherent beat :shrug:

LADY GAGA/madonna/katy perry/little mix/ariana grande/selena gomez/britney spears/taylor swift

VforVendetta

But, I feel like you've kind of missed my point. I agree with the highlighted point, but, the highlighted point kind of highlights my original point: Gaga brought out a new sound in them while they were collaborating. If you listen to the music these artists have made, as far as non-Gaga collaborations are concerned, you can tell where their musical tendencies lie; but, the point of my post was to state that Gaga's vision brings out different musical tendencies and influences in people.

(and, secondly, Zedd and Madeon have both collaborated with pop artists before (Zedd: Rihanna, Justin Bieber, Madeon: Ellie Goulding, Two Door Cinema Club)

Actualy you also missed my point :) I wanted to say that RedOne has has worked in the same gerne with other artists and tou can't find similarities with his GGa work. Zedd and Madeon has their style that you will find also in their productions with other artists. (which are also pleasantly above average). With RedOne it seems that he is a different person when he works alone and a different person when he works with Gaga (so I'm saying that its actually Gaga). I agree that Gaga pushes everyone to do new things etc, but yoi can't change a person, you can still see Madeon's personality for example in his productions with Gaga. With RedOne it seems like its Gaga herself and noone else. :yes:

This is a very interesting thought. I kind of agree. I'm sure Red One did a lot of things tho. I believe Gaga learned a thing or two from him too. But she's a natural. Maybe one day we'll get to hear a whole album produced by her full of Venuses. :giveup: But yeah Red One is not that good without Gaga, so I'm sure she played a big part in the production.

Ladle Ghoulash

Actualy you also missed my point :- I wanted to say that RedOne has has worked in the same gerne with other artists and tou can't find similarities with his GGa work. Zedd and Madeon has their style that you will find also in their productions with other artists. (which are also pleasantly above average). With RedOne it seems that he is a different person when he works alone and a different person when he works with Gaga (so I'm saying that its actually Gaga). I agree that Gaga pushes everyone to do new things etc, but yoi can't change a person, you can still see Madeon's personality for example in his productions with Gaga. With RedOne it seems like its Gaga herself and noone else. :yes:

alrigh, fair enough! but, I guess I just haven't heard enough of RedOne's solo material (nor do I care enough to) to properly weigh in on the argument in that regard.

VforVendetta

This is a very interesting thought. I kind of agree. I'm sure Red One did a lot of things tho. I believe Gaga learned a thing or two from him too. But she's a natural. Maybe one day we'll get to hear a whole album produced by her full of Venuses. :giveup: But yeah Red One is not that good without Gaga, so I'm sure she played a big part in the production.

This is exactly my thought!:yes:

alrigh, fair enough! but, I guess I just haven't heard enough of RedOne's solo material (nor do I care enough to) to properly weigh in on the argument in that regard.

Most generic productions you may be listening to on radio are his. Many Pitbull songs, Nicki Minaj StarShips, JL Live it Up etc.

Archived