Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Bigger snub: Dance in the Dark or Scheiße?

8Bit Heart

Which one was a bigger snub?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Which one was a bigger snub?

• DITD
    • ScheiÃ?e

Featured Posts

DITD is one of my absolute favorites, but I'd have to admit that Scheisse would have slayed family tree's, tbh. :classy:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GypsyPrince

Scheiße is obviously the bigger snub. DITD is an amazing song, but it happened to be in an album where lots of other songs were also amazing and better choices for singles.

Scheiße on the other hand, was an obvious stand out amongst other non-commercial sounding songs on the album, so it's a snub since it wasn't given single treatment yet something like You And I made the cut. lol. :manicure:

VforVendetta

DITD.

Scheisse would have flopped 100% for a million times. The song was NO single matterial, there was nothing on the song to make it a hit. The gibberish, the lyrics, the rough vocals, the lack of a meaning doesn't even exist. Scheisse was an amazing album track and nothing more.

Donatello

DITD on two levels - Gaga didn't want it as 3rd single (but she wanted Scheiße in BTW era) and no music video for it (FAME commercial was essentially Scheiße's MV).

Well, obviously I'm for DIT... nah! just kiddin'! :derpga:

Scheisse all the way baby. I still get chills when I listen to it now. :king:

Interludicrous

DITD.

Even though Scheiße is more catchy and probably would do better on the charts musically, it wouldn't have done well during the BTW era. It wasn't the best time to release a song like that.

DITD, on the other hand, would've been perfect in the place of Alejandro, or even as a follow-up. Everything Gaga touched turned into gold, and DITD still is one of her best songs to date. It would've shown a more serious side of Gaga to the world, while still being extremely danceable. It also would've been a good way to introduce the GP to the slightly "noisy" synths that Gaga used so much on BTW. Win-win.

tomsches

Scheiße!

Because during The Fame Monster we already got Bad Romance, Telephone and Alejandro - 3 epic songs!

A harder song after The Edge of Glory and Yoü and I would have been a bit more exciting

Kermit the frog

DITD is amazing, but it sounds really dated in comparison to Scheisse + Scheisse has insane hooks.

Laceface

Scheiße would have defeated Judas and possibly You And I in the singles stakes, whereas TFM era was perfect and 3 singles is enough from an 8 song EP. I don't think Alejandro should have been replaced by it.

Interludicrous

Scheiße would have defeated Judas and possibly You And I in the singles stakes, whereas TFM era was perfect and 3 singles is enough from an 8 song EP. I don't think Alejandro should have been replaced by it.

IMO it doesn't matter how many songs the EP had. If there are 4 or 5 good singles on an 8 track EP, they should be released as such (if the timing is right). If there are only 2 good singles on a 20 track album, there should only be 2 singles.

MonsterOfSpain

DITD.

Scheisse would have flopped 100% for a million times. The song was NO single matterial, there was nothing on the song to make it a hit. The gibberish, the lyrics, the rough vocals, the lack of a meaning doesn't even exist. Scheisse was an amazing album track and nothing more.

I agree with you, Scheiße is an amazing song but it would have flopped as a single.

DITD even got a Grammy nomination for Best Dance Recording.

Archived