💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Support your opinion about G.U.Y. being a single.

Mecano

Featured Posts

I think G.U.Y. will slay. The song is perfect and the video will be too.

LADY GAGA/madonna/katy perry/little mix/ariana grande/selena gomez/britney spears/taylor swift

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Donatello

I like G.U.Y., I think it's one of the strongest tracks on the record, so it definitely deserves to get single status.

However... as exciting as the pre-chorus may be, I feel like the chorus is quite bland and underwhelming (and I have the same feeling from the instrumental: everything sounds perfect... until the chorus kicks in). Too bad, 'cause an orgasmic chorus would have fitted the concept :ohwell:

Now feel free to drag me for having an opinion :classy:

The chorus is perfect. If you're looking for an orgasm, G.U.Y.'s ending will serve you well - it also fits the concept better being the finale.

Are you gonna support your opinion in any other way than just saying it will 'slay careers' etc though?

I'm perfectly happy with it being a single and I think it has a decent chance to do well. Obviously she's in the pits a little bit at the moment so it's gonna take a fully blown and well executed campaign to make it a success. And a good video could be the key. If all these strong rumours about the castle are true then it looks like they could be on the right track!

But basically it's one of the better produced songs on the album, relatively inoffensive (except for the usual critics that will get pressed about s-xuality), it is clever while still being fun, catchy, ready for clubs... And I don't know why everyone says the chorus is bad tbh, ever since we heard the snippet I thought it was amazing. The "I wanna be that guyyy" then the drop is so perfect to me.

And Zedd is popular on radio at the moment so a lot of people must like his production :shrug: I think it will do well. I'm not saying that it will necessarily join the likes of Poker Face, Bad Romance and Born This Way as one of her iconic hits but it could be the sizeable hit she needs to save this era.

Agreed.  :tea:

pink sushi

I'm more than happy about G.U.Y. being the next single. It's definitely a huge fan favorite of the album. I think it will do great!

I think it will slay tbh. I used to feel meh about this song but now I absolutely love it and I believe the GP will love it too. And if the MV is as amazing as people think it'll be, then it'll slay even more.

And that's the problem. The song is not digestive at first and GP is not a charity organization

JudasInTheDark

I'm super happy it's getting a slot as a single, it's just that all of this feels messy.

I would've like the DWUW video, then Venus as a single with its video that's already been filmed, and then G.U.Y. as the 4th single would've been awesome! Idk I'm happy we're getting SOMETHING either way.

Do I think G.U.Y. will smash though? No unfortunately. It should, but it won't.

For me, I feel like it's the perfect choice. The song itself is very creative. G.U.Y (Girl Under You) is brilliant! The lyrics are fun, s-xy, weird and can be relatable. I think it all comes down to how she promotes and advertises this whole era. She can really slay with this in my opinion the song is the perfect combination of GP friendly whilst still having that gaga-weirdness! 

Laceface

G.U.Y has always sounded like a smash. Excited for the video too, I think it has the potential to blow up.

And that's the problem. The song is not digestive at first and GP is not a charity organization

Yeah but maybe I'm an exception, many Monsters loved the song at first listen... Of course, nobody can predict how the GP will react, maybe they'll hate the song. I don't know, I guess I'm just happy we got some news :laughga:

I don't like the song that much :shrug:
It doesn't get me hyped as any other songs

I like dancin', and ponies....

I never even considered it as a single choice tbh, but now with all of this info on the video I'm really excited and can't see how it could go badly... 

Her best song she's ever done tbh, will absolutely slay lives and will be the cause of hundreds of deaths.

(due to slayage) :saira:

Illuminati Freak

G.U.Y. is the most played GaGa song I have on my iPod and iTunes. From the moment I heard the album I was obsessed with it. 

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived