💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Lady Gaga & Katy Perry Like Britney Vs Xtina or MJ vs Madonna?

Economy

Featured Posts

Economy

A lot of people believe Katy has better vocals than Gaga.

They also say she's a better performer/person/writer/whatever

~~

I think Gaga would be more like Xtina and Katy is more like Britney? Like they both make great music but it's just not for everyone

KAties vocals are definitely not better than Gagas

but ill be honest... Gaga is trying so hard to be unique and different that i think shes starting to sacrafice quality as a result. ARTPOP was a total let down for me... I really like Applause, Do What You want, ARTPOP, GUY, and i somewhat like Venus and Gypsy thats it. The rest of the album to me is meh

Katy although generic has done a good job at it. Being generic does not automatically mean your work is crap, it just means its what most ppl are into... And KAty is doing a good job at it

TBH im liking prism more than ARTPOP :shrug:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Idk if it's because I wasn't born in their prime but I feel like MJ and Madonna were so untouchable back in the day compared to the stars now...

Economy

Definitely. I'm surprised Rihanna doesn't get dragged into these rivalries.

Definitely. I'm surprised Rihanna doesn't get dragged into these rivalries.

Cuz ppl dont care about Rihanna too much as an artist in general. Its more like her songs are just hits

That beign said after almost a decade of hits every year, ppl will remember her when they look back cuz shes been famous too long to not be remembered, even if ppl dont care about her too much :yes:

Economy

Idk if it's because I wasn't born in their prime but I feel like MJ and Madonna were so untouchable back in the day compared to the stars now...

well ppl see the success of their careers now

i think if u were around at the time and saw other artists they competed with at the time (that maybe arent so famous now), and saw moments when maybe their fame went downhill a bit, ud realize they werent as untouchable as it looks when ur looking back at themj 30 years later :shrug:

Katy is very successful, the biggest thing since Gaga. Its one #1 after the other...

her newest album is selling well and her fanbase has grown... and again, although shes on the generic side, she does a very good job of still delivering good quality (in my opinion at least)

So yeah, its terms of potential long-term success, id compare the two :manicure:

In terms of talent and recognition, tho...

A lot of people believe Katy has better vocals than Gaga.

They also say she's a better performer/person/writer/whatever

~~

I think Gaga would be more like Xtina and Katy is more like Britney? Like they both make great music but it's just not for everyone

Economy

well actually Gaga owns Katy perry in album sales.... by a lot

TFM and ARTPOP would say otherwise. The Fame was huge WW and so was Born This Way.... but Perry had 2 albums that outsold 2 of Gagas album

over all Gaga is still biger on a WW level but not by a tone, especially taking ARTPOPs mediocre success now

i think gaga is way ahead of katy... in 10 years gaga is gonna be madonna and katy is gonna be cindy lauper... for obvious reasons 

KAties vocals are definitely not better than Gagas

but ill be honest... Gaga is trying so hard to be unique and different that i think shes starting to sacrafice quality as a result. ARTPOP was a total let down for me... I really like Applause, Do What You want, ARTPOP, GUY, and i somewhat like Venus and Gypsy thats it. The rest of the album to me is meh

Katy although generic has done a good job at it. Being generic does not automatically mean your work is crap, it just means its what most ppl are into... And KAty is doing a good job at it

TBH im liking prism more than ARTPOP :shrug:

I just don't really feel that :shrug: I don't necessarily think Gaga is trying to be unique or different, to me she's just doing what she does and it doesn't seem that different from what she's always done. I honestly like all the tracks on the album.

Ya Katy has definitely done a good job but I feel a lot of that can be attributed to a really good team which Gaga just doesn't have right now? With most of the people I know they really enjoy Katy's singles for like a week and then end up hating them whereas with Gaga, they don't enjoy it during the first (and maybe second) listen but love it after :shrug: and of course generic doesn't mean the work is bad, it just means it isn't that special??

I like PRISM a good amount but It's just not able to beat ARTPOP for me

Versace

First it was

Lady Gaga vs Britney Spears

then

Lady Gaga vs Madonna

then

Lady Gaga vs Katy

and now I'm seeing

Lady Gaga vs Miley

next thing you know it its Lady Gaga vs The World

Just A Holy Fool

i think gaga is way ahead of katy... in 10 years gaga is gonna be madonna and katy is gonna be cindy lauper... for obvious reasons 

I think in terms of chart success Katy will be on top, but in terms of impact, touring power and name recognition, Gaga will be way ahead. 

I think in terms of chart success Katy will be on top, but in terms of impact, touring power and name recognition, Gaga will be way ahead. 

exactly, but honestly who cares about madonna's chart success from 10 years ago? katy doesn't have any "iconicness" and i really don't think that in 10 years her amazing chart positions will mean anything! like u said, she doesn't have an impact in pop culture like gaga does

Economy

I just don't really feel that :shrug: I don't necessarily think Gaga is trying to be unique or different, to me she's just doing what she does and it doesn't seem that different from what she's always done. I honestly like all the tracks on the album.

Ya Katy has definitely done a good job but I feel a lot of that can be attributed to a really good team which Gaga just doesn't have right now? With most of the people I know they really enjoy Katy's singles for like a week and then end up hating them whereas with Gaga, they don't enjoy it during the first (and maybe second) listen but love it after :shrug: and of course generic doesn't mean the work is bad, it just means it isn't that special??

I like PRISM a good amount but It's just not able to beat ARTPOP for me

well whats generic now isnt gonna be generic in 5 or 10 years. Generic just basically is generalised into what the masses are into right now right?

I happen to love regular EDM. And I dont care if a songs lyrics are generic or not as long as they have meaning and are well done

im just not liking ARTPOP right now and I like Katies album more this time (usually I prefer Gagas albums just not this time)

I dunno ARTPOP just isnt doing much for me. Hopefully ill like Act II better :shrug:

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived