Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Lady Gaga Vector Art

kristaxface

Featured Posts

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's great. Moar please. :D

I guess with wanting to watermark it and all, you wouldn't want to post an actual vector file of it, like an .svg?

call me a noob. But what's vector art? XP

There are two fundamental ways to represent images on a computer: raster and vector.

Assume that you start with an image on a piece of paper. To store it on a computer, you first overlay a coordinate grid. After that --

- In a raster system (the more familiar one), you assign a number to each box on the page, in sequence, based on its color and brightness. To render a raster image, you turn these numbers back into dots.

- In a vector system, you note the coordinates of each interesting point on the page, and how they're connected. To render a vector image, you draw lines between these coordinates.

Another way to think of it: Imagine a typical painting program. In a vector format, you'd record the actual brush strokes, etc., that were used, rather than the finished product.

What this means in practice: Among other things, although they're based on a finite coordinate grid, vector images have infinite resolution. You know how, in a raster image, if you zoom in, you can see "jaggies", or the stairstep effect, wherever there are diagonal lines? This doesn't happen with a vector image, because the lines are recorded as the coordinates of their endpoints rather than a series of samples. So you can zoom in to (or blow up) a vector image as much as you like, without distorting it.

The trade-off is that vector images aren't good for things like subtle shading and gradients. You might notice, in the example in this thread, that it's made up of large areas of flat color rather than gradients -- the classic vector look. You can arbitrarily increase the detail by adding more strokes, but at some point it becomes more practical to store it as a raster image.

kristaxface

Thanks a lot you guys! I promise to work on another soon. :D

And no, sorry Nemo, I'm afraid I'd like the internet to have the low resolution file so that I can put the good one in my actual graphic design portfolio.

1311SUSU2803

There are two fundamental ways to represent images on a computer: raster and vector.

Assume that you start with an image on a piece of paper. To store it on a computer, you first overlay a coordinate grid. After that --

- In a raster system (the more familiar one), you assign a number to each box on the page, in sequence, based on its color and brightness. To render a raster image, you turn these numbers back into dots.

- In a vector system, you note the coordinates of each interesting point on the page, and how they're connected. To render a vector image, you draw lines between these coordinates.

Another way to think of it: Imagine a typical painting program. In a vector format, you'd record the actual brush strokes, etc., that were used, rather than the finished product.

What this means in practice: Among other things, although they're based on a finite coordinate grid, vector images have infinite resolution. You know how, in a raster image, if you zoom in, you can see "jaggies", or the stairstep effect, wherever there are diagonal lines? This doesn't happen with a vector image, because the lines are recorded as the coordinates of their endpoints rather than a series of samples. So you can zoom in to (or blow up) a vector image as much as you like, without distorting it.

The trade-off is that vector images aren't good for things like subtle shading and gradients. You might notice, in the example in this thread, that it's made up of large areas of flat color rather than gradients -- the classic vector look. You can arbitrarily increase the detail by adding more strokes, but at some point it becomes more practical to store it as a raster image.

OHHHH.. That makes more sense!! =D Thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...

It's cool, but the tags? :shrug:

fragment-fragment--bul-uh...scab-uh..fragment-foot, bullet fragment foot bich!

Archived