💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Born This Way is a better album than 21

Quark

Featured Posts

Tell that to basically almost every music magazine Year End's lists then? I mean if you make a top 25 albums of 2013 that's ranking based and you place let's say ARTPOP at 25 and a Vampire Weekend at #1, you have kinda compared as you've deemed the album by Vampire Weekend better than ARTPOP. And that's basically what Year End lists do. Same with music videos lists which features multiple genres.

Not necessarily disagreeing with you, just wondering why you and everyone else are calling out the OP when it's something that happens a lot.

Year end lists are also opinion pieces. But even then, they aren't meant to be taken as, "Oh this album is much better than these ones."

It's what the writer thinks is most worth listening too, for whatever reason. Think being the keyword here.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dominic

How can you compare the two? Such different styles of music. 

Either way, 21 had a much bigger success than BTW so it seems as a whole 21 was a "better" album in terms of public reception. 

Personally I much prefer BTW but i'm a Gaga stan so of course I am bias. 

They are both incredible albums. 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

Gaga came as a non-mainstream artist with BTW. GP couldn't digest its music.

I can't compare, haven't listehned to all songs from 21 and a Gaga stan obviously.

But for me Born This Way is the best album I have ever heard.

It has a theme to it: Born different, born a bad kid, born a heavy metal lover, born gay, born a queen, born Mexican-American, and so on.

Its sound is so innovative, even now. The marriage of rock and electronic music.

The images and fashion we got from the era are incomparable.

Every single song was so meticulously produced, and you can hear the screaming quality of the album. Dance music is generally regarded less acclaimed than traditional pop writer's love music. Moreover, it comes to a personal taste.

Cameron1012

Is not that a simple song can't be good, is more of the fact that albums like 21 have always existed while an album like BTW is rare. By listening to the albums you can tell which album had more thoughts, ideas, creativity, and work put into it. And to me this is very important when it comes to music/art. I understand that everyone has a different taste, but I made this thread because many people think that awards or selling a lot immediately makes something better. If people like 21 more though, that that is ok, this is just my opinion.

Music is music regardless of its genres.

but then your making it seem like rarity/uniqueness=greatness which is not exactly true. All you can tell from listening to the albums is that they decided to do entirely different things. Who knows which album had mroe thoughts, ideas and work put into it. Shoot for all we know Lady Gaga could have simply recorded the first things that came to her mind, and the result was BTW, and Adele could have meticulously made sure every note was right according to her emotions and spirit....we don't know that. And just because BTW is very experimental and different does not mean that it required more work, ideas, thoughts, yada yada than 21. Sometimes the most simplest and most typical piece can be the most difficult to construct. I personally write music, and my songs always come out naturally complex and grand sounding, so writing a simple typical love song can be the most challenging thing for me, or even trying to mute the complexity/business of my songs can be such a challenge.

There are so me factors that go into making a piece. Both albums have been reported to take a little over one year to record. So with that stated, I would say that both worked just as hard, and probably had just as much thoughts and ideas going into their work. 

VforVendetta

No but they equal money, success and relevance.

Gaga has more money than Adele, more impact than Adele, bigger fanbase than Adele, more singles and albums sold overall than Adele, bigger tours than Adele. If you wanna shade Gaga go somewhere else. He didn't want to shade Adele, he just stated an opinion.

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived