💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Why Dope should be the next single

drew

Featured Posts

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems Gaga wants Dope, and I am all for it. 

A person does not have to relate to every single lyric to understand or love a song. Just the fact that Dope has the line "My heart would break without you, might not awake without you" makes it relatable. 

I don't have (and have never had) a d--g problem, but I sobbed when I heard the song the first time. The song makes me think about things I've sacrificed/neglected to fulfill my dreams. I thought about all the family and friends I pushed aside...and how ultimately they are most important thing. MANY people can relate to this. It's not just about d--gs. Everyone has something in their life, whether it be a vice, passion, or dream, that they put before their loved ones.

Also, Rick Rubin's production is bomb. The low synths are genius. For me, Gaga releasing this would make up for not releasing Speechless back in 2010.

It's the third most hated song on the album by non-stans (the ones who actually make hit singles happen) after J&D and MJH. Like people may feel blah about Donatella and Fashion! But they actually actively despise Dope. Its nickname outside of this site is Nope.

I love the song! Any of the songs on ARTPOP are single-worthy imo. 

We're all Stronger Together!

Rollercoaster

People don't want a new Gaga, they want the product they agreed to buy in 2009, but all they get is a weird Disney Madonna lite. They want what they paid for and GUY is the one to deliver that.

Gaga is Life

Now I wouldn't mind if it's a single. Although I still prefer Venus, G.U.Y. and Gypsy over Dope :spin:

The awkward slumpy Rick Rubin production ruins the depth of the song for me and makes it awkward to listen to.

EXACTLY!! I'd personally love it much more if it were as stripped down as I Wanna Be With U. But then out of the blue comes that annoying synth bass thing that goes nowhere and doesn't add a thing to the song.....

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived