💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Open this thread + cry

hughdancy

Featured Posts

Nah, 21 is just a slow break up album, Born This Way is everything packed in, Born This Way has more meaning

Saying 21 is a "slow break up album" is like saying BTW is an album pandering to the gays and the freaks. Their both quality albums, 21 however deserved the Grammy more, just my opinion, and the grammys obviously agree

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Better Day

Saying 21 is a "slow break up album" is like saying BTW is an album pandering to the gays and the freaks. Their both quality albums, 21 however deserved the Grammy more, just my opinion, and the grammys obviously agree

They were like 2 mid tempos songs on 21 and the rest of the album is just ballads, I ain't talking about how the albums who are pandering to I'm talking about the music - BTW is Pure EDM, Country, Rock, At least Gaga's album goes some where. The Grammys are irrelevant anyways

Together You And I!

I cant find it but theres a gif of this where she doesnt win the award and starts clapping fast while trying not to cry  :(

lady-gaga-olima-cape.jpg

I agree. People just weren't ready for BTW yet.

Also, that moment was sad, of course, but I don't really feel bad because Gaga acted a little immature afterwards instead of taking it like a champ.

I think it was Troy.

She congratulated Adele afterwards! How's that being immature! I hate this fanbase constantly bashing Gaga.

And tbh BTW is the only Gaga album that ever deserved AOTY. ARTPOP doesn't deserve it neither did TFM.

You guys should get out of GGD more. Only us fans love BTW, the rest of the world thinks it's crap.

The critics didn't think it was crap. The more esteemed ones like the ones from RS actually stan for it because it's got that classic sound. The Grammys are supposed to award the best not the most likeable. That's for people choice awards and MTV awards...

Anderson123

You know what I think when I see that gif ? I think Gaga realized that she went through so many things and how hard she worked on that album, that the world focused more on Adele and Gaga's effort was not getting the attention it deserved. It's like you're an artist and you know you put your sweat and blood on that project, but they end up picking "the popular one".

I still think Born This Way deserved something. Out of all her albums, it's the one that deserved a Grammy. I love this woman.

KingOfSpain

The good sis Born This Way deserved it. No, really.... it was one of the most iconic albums of siecle XXI.... COME ON!

http://gagadaily.com/forums/topic/227246-ceremony-gagas-videography-megarate/

ryhanna

I don't think any of us can objectively say whether or not the Grammys made the right decision in giving Adele that award because we're obviously biased. :sweat:

Like, obviously most of us are going to prefer Born This Way to 21 because we're a forum of hardcore Gaga fans. It's easy for us to say "Born This Way was an artistic masterpiece and deserved that award" and put it on a pedestal - but not everyone thinks the same way a hardcore Gaga fan does. When it comes down to it, the Grammys voters may simply have just thought 21 was a better album. :shrug:

Gaga is Life

Scrolling the page with all them spoiler's open feels so amazing :spin: It would've been utterly devine if Born This Way won that award :flutter:

gagaconvert

wheres Adele now?  :coffee:

Busy looking after her 1 year-old son, enjoying life and working on her 3rd album. Oh, and still winning Grammys.  :manicure:

gagaconvert

No. I'm sorry, but 21 will be forgotten pretty quickly. It's just another (good) album about breaking up with someone. Born This Way meanwhile was an incredibly political, progressive, quirky masterpiece.

It SO won't, though. It's a timeless album. I'm fairly positive that far more people will still be listening to songs off 21 in several years than they will songs off BTW. That's just my opinion though.

And sorry but Adele deserved every inch of her Grammy sweep that year. That's not to say BTW isn't a good album obviously, but I don't think it should have won over 21. 

You know what I think when I see that gif ? I think Gaga realized that she went through so many things and how hard she worked on that album, that the world focused more on Adele and Gaga's effort was not getting the attention it deserved. It's like you're an artist and you know you put your sweat and blood on that project, but they end up picking "the popular one".

That's like saying Adele didn't work hard too though. They both did.

While I feel bad that Gaga didn't win, it felt to me like Gaga was kind of going in expecting to win, which made it even bigger of a disappointment. I hardly believe Gaga was the underdog here, either. It sucks BTW didn't win because this was indeed one of her most deserving albums, but that doesn't invalidate Adele's work either.

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived