💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

ARTPOP Discussion & Info Database 1-4-2012 thru 7-11-2013

SMILE2NE1

Featured Posts

misanthrope

Born This Way was Gaga's most artistically rigorous "era" yet, but it was not her easiest or most palatable. Something breezy like Telephone-ga is an easy sell. Or The Fame-ga's simple party tunes (even though she was parodying this stuff at the same time she celebrated it). But during BTW she decided to use religious metaphors, wear facial prosthetics and gaping moles, and talked about alien birth, and made a tortured autobiography. Not the easiest journey to take, but I firmly believe her most thoughtful and rewarding. The only part of the BTW ere that was actually messy was 1) the promotion/release of the singles 2) TEOG video. The rest of it, especially on an artistic/aesthetic level, was firing on all cylinders for me.

I'm most terrified that she'll have let some of the public reaction to this era throw her off her game with ARTPOP. Motorcyclega is torn apart (despite being the greatest album cover anybody's released in...years), so will she back down and comeback with some lame-ass headshot? That's the kind of crap I just hope doesn't happen.

When you word it the way you do it makes it sound like her execution was on point. I just really dont agree that it was.

She can have an interesting cover without it being a atrocious. Id rather her use a head shot than some ugly mess created on paint. Explain the genius behind the cover for me please. And i say that genuinely with no condescension, i really dont know what her reasoning was.

Edited by misanthrope

Im terrible at choosing an order for them. So ill just tell you which songs were better in my opinion (youd think itd be obvious that its my opinion but i have to put that disclaimer because people get annoyed with my arrogance lol): sheisse, marry the night, government hooker, heavy metal lover. I thought The Edge of Glory was a good song but i always found it to be polarizing. It sounds so dated. And i know marry the night was a single but i thought that it was the only one that had any potential of doing well on the charts. But placing it after such obvious clunkers like you and i, judas, and born this way killed any chance it had at being successful.

ARTPOP seems like itll be a lot lighter which i can appreciate. As much as i like born this way i feel like it was a little heavy on the corny love yourself anthems.

Should we message eachother privately? I feel like were clogging up this thread with offtopic born this way talk lol

Yes, Sheisse was a B-I-G mistake not to release, and I couldn't agree more with the situation of the MTN single...

Anyway, as long as we do not have any updates about ARTPOP, I couldn't imagine anything else to talk about, honestly. :D (Oh well, I do, nonsense speculation of release dates of the album. :D ) But yeah, you're right, go on privately.

Some of you are quite delusional by saying BTW was a non-sucessful album. The album was extremely successful, had one of the top grossing tours of all time, and broke a few records along the way. A lot of people over think the single choices, those are the singles Gaga chose, its over now so leave it at that. If you wiped off the BTW era from Gaga's career she'd have a lot less fans and it'd be laughable at how basic it was. We got some great performances during BTW, Radio 1's Big Weekend, Paul O'Grady, MTV Japan awards, The Grammy's, The MTV EMA's, just to name a few. She gained huge respect as a musician and garnered many new fans including the older portion of the general public.

Just because some of the singles werent chart topping doesn't mean it wasn't successful, when has Gaga ever cared for number 1's? Shes the underdog of the Pop industry, an outsider, unconventional. Shes not the Queen of pop, shes the subversive jester. Thats why I love her.

Edited by bornthiswaybaby

When you word it the way you do it makes it sound like her execution was on point. I just really dont agree that it was.

And see, I'm torn on this also. I know that in a business sense, BTW wasn't maybe done all that well, but at the same time I believe that art is more important than sales and promo. Then again on the other hand, I like to see her succeed and for the music industry to take notice of Gaga, and promoting/executing eras well contributes to that. But then again, should I really care what others think as long as I think the music is great??? See, I just go back and forth, but I think I'm more inclined to just love the music and the art and whatever Gaga creates, than to worry to much over Gaga selling singles. It is nice to see her walk away with Grammys though, which brings me to my next point....I really hope she takes home album of the year with ARTPOP. Edited by ChristopherDIVA
We're all Stronger Together!

Some of you are quite delusional by saying BTW was a non-sucessful album. The album was extremely successful, had one of the top grossing tours of all time, and broke a few records along the way. A lot of people over think the single choices, those are the singles Gaga chose, its over now so leave it at that. If you wiped off the BTW era from Gaga's career she'd have a lot less fans and it'd be laughable at how basic it was. We got some great performances during BTW, Radio 1's Big Weekend, Paul O'Grady, MTV Japan awards, The Grammy's, The MTV EMA's, just to name a few. She gained huge respect as a musician and garnered many new fans including the older portion of the general public.

Just because some of the singles werent chart topping doesn't mean it wasn't successful, when has Gaga ever cared for number 1's? Shes the underdog of the Pop industry, an outsider, unconventional. Shes not the Queen of pop, shes the subversive jester. Thats why I love her.

Yes I agree with this. The art is more important, and Born This Way has played a HUGE impact on who Gaga is....Think about it like this....who would Gaga be without BTW? This latest era has defined her as an artist way more than any other era, and compared to her other contemporaries, she's way more defined than any of them. She really has done so much. She's brought together cultures, and promoted a great cause. Great album sales globally, the creation of the BTW foundation, creation of Little Monsters, a bunch of great performances and so much much more.
We're all Stronger Together!

misanthrope

Its not that it was a Bionic status flop. She was anything but irrelevant. The thing is with BTW she went from having the world in the palm of her hand to being overhadowed by the likes of Adele and LMFAO. And ultimately at what cost? What did she really prove? You know? Idk. I dont want to hurt anyones feelings and i love gaga so i dont want to sound like an ggd level douche fan. So im ceasing born this way talk lol its been discussed to death anyway

ARTPOP IS COMING OUT THIS YEAR. New era, rebirth.

misanthrope

Yes, Sheisse was a B-I-G mistake not to release, and I couldn't agree more with the situation of the MTN single...

Anyway, as long as we do not have any updates about ARTPOP, I couldn't imagine anything else to talk about, honestly. :D (Oh well, I do, nonsense speculation of release dates of the album. :D ) But yeah, you're right, go on privately.

I tried to message you but it says you cant use the messaging system lol

Yes I agree with this. The art is more important, and Born This Way has played a HUGE impact on who Gaga is....Think about it like this....who would Gaga be without BTW? This latest era has defined her as an artist way more than any other era, and compared to her other contemporaries, she's way more defined than any of them. She really has done so much. She's brought together cultures, and promoted a great cause. Great album sales globally, the creation of the BTW foundation, creation of Little Monsters, a bunch of great performances and so much much more.

Yes, the importance and success of Born This way is undeniable. In a way. In a way, it could have been groundbreaking and epic - which it was said it was going to be, and which it did not turn out to be - with a smarter and more simple overall plan through the era, and more clear, logical decisions concerning the points mentioned above. That's all I'm saying.

I tried to message you but it says you cant use the messaging system lol

Yeah, I know, idk what could be wrong, when I try to enter Personal messaging it says:

Sorry, you don't have permission for that!

KimtinoAguilera

Her media black out, gaining of weight, injury, Sometimes you just have to be missing coz absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Now look at us how much we are thirsty for GAGA.

Gaga is a master of fame after all, she've planned all of this, I know she has something very2x big hidden in her sleeves.

Like a nuclear weapon.

She will settle everything and get out of this mess.

Her media black out, gaining of weight, injury, Sometimes you just have to be missing coz absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Now look at us how much we are thirsty for GAGA.

Gaga is a master of fame after all, she've planned all of this, I know she has something very2x big hidden in her sleeves.

Like a nuclear weapon.

She will settle everything and get out of this mess.

I don't think she planned that injury.

Also I'm kinda 'tired' of so many people saying/thinking Gaga planned everything from like 'The Fame'-era (not directly talking to u now :)) There are just some coincidences and some thinks she may have planned out.

KimtinoAguilera

I'm still really intrigued about the Telephone continuation;

coz the helicopter must play a big part there--- as shown in some parts of the telephone vid, and at the part they're following gaga & beyonce.

beyonce must be on ARTPOP? she's riding with gaga i mean, could she like leave her on the road, or what. or beyonce goes down, like what. beyonce will surely still make an appearance for the continuation to have a logic.

And who could be on the helicopter?? what part will it play on the vid? will it hunt them down? kill them? like gaga almost dies there but survives the assault then rises and start that new song? or could that be a friend who will help them escape or what?

the marry the night end- the some kind of eerie look the red one in flames- she's like a phoenix there. rising for ARTPOP

I don't think she planned that injury.

Also I'm kinda 'tired' of so many people saying/thinking Gaga planned everything from like 'The Fame'-era (not directly talking to u now :)) There are just some coincidences and some thinks she may have planned out.

Yeah, well who would like to be injured after all-- I must say I meant she planned really to town down her presence for the public to miss her hehe

ratchetslut

She can have an interesting cover without it being a atrocious. Id rather her use a head shot than some ugly mess created on paint. Explain the genius behind the cover for me please. And i say that genuinely with no condescension, i really dont know what her reasoning was.

Agreed. I think as a fanbase we just need to acknowledge that the standard edition Born This Way album cover was one of the ugliest album covers of all time. And it was so lacking in subtlety that it was truly laughable.