Honestly, this is not about the video anymore

Bambino

Featured Posts

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GagaObsession

It's just been so messy and it's just frustrating because we know it could have been handled a lot better and had so much more potential.

I'm sooooooooo enjoying this, to be completely honest.

All the people who hated on the BTW era when this one started are probably crying in a corner right now.

:popcorn:

I love it, too.

They screamed for a more poppy, EDM Gaga that doesn't take risks and this is the result. 

I was warning everyone to enjoy the BTW era while it lasted, because the amount of promo material we were getting was every fans wet dream.  :worship:

Now enjoy this ARTPOP... era.  :eww:

The Taylor Brigade: KNOCKOUT

MessyTop

this era is sh*t but i love ARTPOP lol

I agree. The album is fantastic and it breaks my heart seeing it abandoned.

#justiceforGypsy

EdgeofTeeth

I don't even know, I feel like Gaga has halfway given up on this album already. I don't normally say things like that but it really feels like she has tbh, with the whole no video-situation, not being on twitter etc.

Zach Monster

To be honest, complaining is going to get us no where. Gaga will be back when she is back, and there's nothing we can do about it. Obviously there is a reason or several reasons why things are quiet right now. Gaga will be working herself into the ground to assure that when she does come back and get the ARTPOP era back into motion it is done right and we aren't complaining even more. Maybe if this era had been handled properly by the professionals who are supposed to run Gaga's career, we wouldn't be in this period of silence in the first place.

:trootea: :trootea: :trootea:

MessyTop

I don't even know, I feel like Gaga has halfway given up on this album already. I don't normally say things like that but it really feels like she has tbh, with the whole no video-situation, not being on twitter etc.

I understand. We all love Gaga and love ARTPOP.

I just wish some fans in here would acknowledge that something is off with this era. Instead of saying "all is good Gaga is taking her time"

We are so thirsty for Gaga

Before she fired her manager, he said something about prolonging promo across a long period of time, rather than just throwing everything at the public and risking overexposure (like with BTW). I imagine Gaga's taking another mini blackout so that she can return with new music, start afresh and not be overexposed. I wouldn't be surprised if she keeps doing this throughout the album era. 

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

Gaga has got to have one of the WORST promo teams everrr!!! With BTW she spent about a year doing promo, and not she has virtually no promo :/ Maybe the artRave put a hole in her wallet? Anyhow, I don't see Gaga picking herself back up from this one. 

I feel like as fans we expect too  much of her tbh. Like, she's a human being, and she can't ALWAYS be doing promo, performances, interviews, videos, etc. She deserves to live a little, outside of her work as a pop star. That being said, however, I feel as though it is kind of her fault that her fans do expect so much of her, just by the way she intensely talks and hypes herself up and makes all of these grand, lofty promises that she honestly rarely lives up to nowadays. 

crownlessking

I wish people would stop hating on Gaga for this. She's basically said that it's her managements fault. Stop hating on her. She's going to sort it out, okay?

Its a shame all the info is being kept in secret. 

Would be nice to at least know what was going on, and how she's doing on a personal level instead of as Mother Monster or Goddess of Love. I dont want to see her brave face anymore when this type of stuff is happening in her life, and when it involves setbacks in a new era of music, art and performances. 

And the tour is starting really soon, and we have nothing really for promo's. 

I hope this era gets its momentum back ASAP.

exactly my thoughts...

Its almost like she's been lost in the cloud of the fame now that she's in year 5 of being at her status level. She needs to remember her roots again.

I will always love and miss the BTW era. 

It's a shame that it appears to be such an extreme. Either Mme G is everywhere, all the time, in your face, or she is missing. That said, this would work fine for other fan bases who are not as used to her constant presence. But this fan base is habituated to a deluge of imagery and such, so it's a tougher transition than usual.

Knowing Troy, he left with a pretty long term tightly scheduled promo plan already laid out. But it looks like she refused to execute it, or jumped off the train when it came to the video timing/release, and from then on, maybe getting back on the train isn't as easy.

I feel like as fans we expect too  much of her tbh. Like, she's a human being, and she can't ALWAYS be doing promo, performances, interviews, videos, etc. She deserves to live a little, outside of her work as a pop star. That being said, however, I feel as though it is kind of her fault that her fans do expect so much of her, just by the way she intensely talks and hypes herself up and makes all of these grand, lofty promises that she honestly rarely lives up to nowadays. 

Good points.

3 points in and ready for more

I fully agree with this. We can't fully place blame on anyone as we do not know the situation. It's unfair to blame Gaga, Troy or ANYONE at this point. Gaga seems to be complacent on placing blame on others and while that doesn't seem like the appropriate approach, there is certainly truth to it. I can't imagine she would say these things if it wasn't. But as another thread here states, there are two sides to every story. 

If ARTPOP was managed and executed properly, NONE of this would be an issue. Until things are finally put into place and the tension dies down, I don't see Gaga making a full return just yet. 

On a side note, have you noticed that after EVERY era, Gaga hires a new team and fires half of the old one? Is it that she finds these people incompetent, or does she have trouble getting along with others?

I'd like to know more about this. There's so much more to the situation. We think we know a lot as fans, but in reality we know very little. 

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived