💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

DJWS

Duke

Featured Posts

"smash hit" does not determine whether production is good or not.   Plenty of well produced songs will not be smash hits.  Lots of smash hits are not particularly "well produced".

Nobody disagrees with that dear but since gaga is not an indie or an alternative artist she definitely needs smash hits.

She makes commercial pop music, smash hits are important for her career and redone proved himself the best choice unlike djws.

+ his songs are more fresh and catchy and much better imo.

bad romance, poker face, scheisse, alejandro, monster >>>>>>>>>>>> djws

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
freebit

I'm not really sure how I feel about DJWS, his production can be amazing like Bloody Mary, or awful like Jewels N'Drugs (way too busy). Plus he's the one who thought of putting R. Kelly on a song called "Do What U Want." That fiasco did her NO favors, all it's done is cause trouble. Plus, getting her to do this trap inspired stuff was not the greatest idea. I know Gaga is an adult, but bad advice isn't helpful at all for someone in a precarious position right now.

All that said, DJWS's best work is matched by good songs. I honestly think a good producer who is also an experienced songwriter could help Gaga's writing skills grow tremendously. She has an amazing ear for melody, but her lyrics could use some work IMO.

giskardsb

bad romance, poker face, scheisse, alejandro, monster >>>>>>>>>>>> djws

Bloody Mary, Government Hooker >>>>>> Redone.

AbuHassan1992

The only thing I don't like are the drums he uses. He never use cymbals on every beat, which makes a ton of difference. My personal taste though

autumnmycat

I must be the only person in the world that doesn't like her "smash hits" very much. Lovegame is good, but Poker Face, Just Dance, and Paparazzi really didn't do much for me. Bad Romance and SHICD are fantastic, go RedOne on those. DITD is fantastic, but I don't like Marry The Night that much  :shrug:

DJWS's productions are strong, they're versatile, they're clean, and they're very "out of the way" unlike FG's, Zedd's, and Madeon's. Not dragging them either because they're fantastic but sometimes Gypsy seems like too much, Zedd's productions sound very similar to each other, and Fernando's sound like they've been run through one too many car mufflers sometimes. I love them all, but to say that DJWS is worse than anyone else she's worked with is absurd. He's extremely talented.  

Oh my God. It's just pathetic to see people with this "OMG that's not commercial enough!! need to sMaSSH the CharTSs" comments.

Boring.

DJ White Shadow produced Government Hooker, Electric Chapel, Bloody Mary, Black Jesus, and half of ARTPOP. He's versatile on what he does, unlike many other producers who keep re-using the same beats. I'd be more than happy to see DJ White Shadow working with Gaga on her next project, and if that album is EVEN less commercial with that, I'm going to laugh at people whining about it here.

Go "Stan" for whoever is the "it girl" right now. That might satisfy your meaningless life.

Spill that tea thank you for being rational

GypsyPrince

When he deliver ONE smash hit as the MAIN producer of a song (not like teog and btw), quote me again.

Till then, 4 WW smash hits by redone say hello  :queenga: 

Excuse me, since when did I even try to say DJWS is a better hit producer than RedOne. Case in point, regardless of who's better at making hits doesn't make the other a lousy producer. And for the record, most of my fav songs are by RedOne.

If y'all are so narrow-minded to think that hits = a good producer and no hits = bad producer, then many producers in the industry can just quit their jobs rn.

:smh:

FGGrayson

I love DJWS work, he brought me back to Gagz tbh

𝗟𝗮𝗱𝘆 𝗚𝗮𝗴𝗮 • 𝗠𝗮𝗻𝗱𝘆 𝗠𝗼𝗼𝗿𝗲 • 𝗦𝗼𝗽𝗵𝗶𝗲-𝗘𝗹𝗹𝗶𝘀 𝗕𝗲𝘅𝘁𝗼𝗿 • 𝗣𝗶𝗻𝗸𝗣𝗮𝗻𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘀𝘀

RedOne kinda began to bore me because he used the same beats and instrumental placement

To each his own though

Inb4; bashing me

autumnmycat

RedOne kinda began to bore me because he used the same beats and instrumental placement

To each his own though

Inb4; bashing me

Considering BR and Judas were basically the same song, I have to agree with you

Considering BR and Judas were basically the same song, I have to agree with you

I don't mean to bash, but yes it was a bit of a disappointment

It's too Dr. Luke and formulaic, and that's what sells sadly

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived