đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

German Single Charts now include streaming (Applause #75 YEC Spotify)

Liam Germanotta

Featured Posts

Liam Germanotta

From now on, the German Single Charts will not only include the revenue of singles sold (price of the CD/download x sales), but also the generated revenue of paid streaming (ad-financed streaming will not be included).

This is a massive change in German chart history and we will probably receive very interesting charts from now on! German monsters who pay for streaming need to support Gaga even more now, because she fares better on the Single Revenue charts than on streaming!

Have a look at the Spotify Top 100 songs in Germany last year - the Single Revenue year end results are the numbers in brackets - they are sometimes completely different!

Spotify Year End rank - Title (Single Revenue Year End rank)

1 Can't Hold Us (6)

2 Thrift Shop (7)

3 Radioactive (9)

4 Wake Me Up (1)

5 Scream & Shout (3)

6 Get Lucky (4)

7 I Need Your Love (39)

8 Blurred Lines (2)

9 Let Her Go (5)

10 Hall Of Fame (14)

35 Burn (44)

37 Roar (23)

38 We Can't Stop (92)

67 Die Young (not inside Top 100)

68 Wrecking Ball (47)

72 Lights (46)

75 Applause (62)

Sweden was the first country with this new system, and then Norway took after. I think it's fair! I'm glad more coumtries are taking after.

soundwave

So, Youtube and Spotify free does not count. Only Spotify premium accounts count. 

that's kinda stupid

that's kinda stupid

Yes, I know but I guess they count the money earned by sales. That is what counts in Germany charts. If a song costs 70 cents and is bought 10 times then the profit is 7 euros but if a song costs 1,5 euro and is bought 7 times then the profit is 10,5 euros and that is what counts more.

Gov Hooka

Yes, I know but I guess they count the money earned by sales. That is what counts in Germany charts. If a song costs 70 cents and is bought 10 times then the profit is 7 euros but if a song costs 1,5 euro and is bought 7 times then the profit is 10,5 euros and that is what counts more.

That's an interesting system. So the final profit is what determines the charting, so discounts don't mean an increase in chart position?

Qualle1

I think it is great, that since the beginning of this year also premium-streaming counts towards the German Single Charts.

Thanx for letting us know, Liam!

:)

MAKE LOVE NOT WAR

• Mills locked this topic

Archived