Venus, will it do well?  

231 members have voted

1. 1. How well would it do?

• Bad romance 2.0
    • Applause kind of hit.
    • Unconditionally
    • MTN

Featured Posts

I would be upset if it was tbh. I don't know why, but it would make me mad if they switched the singles just to have Venus be a single right after. She could've had Venus second with all of her plans and had a planned out DWUW third single. If Venus is a single, it needs to be the last one.

She can't stay famous, making money and revelant with ONLY fans. The GP buys singles.

This though.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stefani328

• Gagaloo911

• Dean Winchester

• ManuelMonsterr

Alcina Dimitrescu

I love Venus, but i'm already getting the MTN 2.0 teas (originally the first single, pushed back to last one, flop)

Not that i care tho, i'm here for that vid and era :ohwell:

Edited by SecretWeapon

And Bad Romance was? No. Gaga herself has stated she got lucky with Bad Romance. It's not what I would consider "radio-friendly". AT least not when it came out anyway. Now that it smashed and is iconic it seems like it is tho.

Venus could always end up getting lucky just the same and do well, or at least mediocre or average like Applause did. We want to act like we know what will and will not smash, but time and time again has proved that we have no idea. You can't predict the future, no matter hw much you think you know.

Venus is a 50/50 chance. Risky? Yes. But that shouldn't stop her from orchestrating her vision. That's not what an artist does. An artist goes with their vision if they have any integrity at all, and Gaga is most certainly an artist.

this

venus for 3rd single plz

or s-xxx dreams

latoya8t8uxo.gif

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

MORE COWBELL

She can't stay famous, making money and relevant with ONLY fans. The GP buys singles.

You're right. Gypsy must be the next single. But Venus must be one, it's great. Rare, but great. 

BUT if you think more, maybe something that is radio friendly but more expermiental than others gives something to talk about, which will make it gain popularity. But Gypsy is more safe.

And Bad Romance was? No. Gaga herself has stated she got lucky with Bad Romance. It's not what I would consider "radio-friendly". AT least not when it came out anyway. Now that it smashed and is iconic it seems like it is tho.

Venus could always end up getting lucky just the same and do well, or at least mediocre or average like Applause did. We want to act like we know what will and will not smash, but time and time again has proved that we have no idea. You can't predict the future, no matter hw much you think you know.

Venus is a 50/50 chance. Risky? Yes. But that shouldn't stop her from orchestrating her vision. That's not what an artist does. An artist goes with their vision if they have any integrity at all, and Gaga is most certainly an artist.

:golfclap:  :golfclap:  :golfclap:

Venus seems like one of those hidden gems to me. idk

MTN did badly cause the Born This Way era was dragged for too long. Also that long video didn't help.

Also, MTN is a strange song. I love it, I think it's one of her best, but it's kind of bizarre. I don't know how to point it out, but compositionally it's very strange (to me, at least). That's why I love it, but maybe that's why others didn't click with it?

Also, it was single #5 from a relatively polarizing 'era'. So yeah.

Edited by Miel
3 points in and ready for more

tumblr_myg4mgLV9i1rvvk8yo1_250.gif

ᴸᵒᵒᵏ, ᵗʰᵉ ʷᵒʳˡᵈ ˢᵗᵃʳᵗˢ ᵗᵒ ᵈⁱˢᵃᵖᵖᵉᵃʳ “ᶠⁱⁿᵈ ᵐᵉ”, ˢᵒᵐᵉᵒⁿᵉ ˢᶜʳᵉᵃᵐˢ ᵒᵘᵗ.

• Shadow locked this topic