Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

The one-hour version of "The Culture Show Special"

Andy McQueen

Featured Posts

Didymus

:toofunny:

Well, she just said in her latest magazine feature:

"You don't need to know anything about art to enjoy it" :derpga:

She rarely makes sense in what she says. Awful.

This is the true lady gaga, ladies and gentlemen. A pretentious egomaniac. She's so full of herself just because she did that art piece with Bob Willson and she thinks she's an art expert :smh: I cannot at this. I'm so sad to witness such things.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know what? It is not even a "you can't get it" thing anymore. It's so well explained that there is nothing pretentious about and just who doesnt have the will to listen (like a student if I may say that, as SHE says also) doesn't get how straight forward this interview is.

She used to be (imo) way more "pretentious" during The Fame/TFM era interview, partly because that was the image she wanted to give "the fame status that allow you to be and say what you want", partly I guess because that was her real first taste of what fame makes you feel (that kind of rush of being listened and given importance).

Now she just speaks, and it's really down-to-heart.

Yesterday I've let my friends (no Gaga fan in my crew) see this interview. They were interested and we started a looong conversation about where we are now in terms of society and individuals about artistic freedom and possibilities for the future. We talked A LOT about the perception of the artist, and the recognition that usually comes once the artist is no longer there. Look at Michael Jackson and Amy Winehouse just to have an idea.

Gaga is talking a lot about this lately.

See the hanging piece she did with Wilson.

All of this I say it being a "new" fan. I got to be interested in her just this year with ARTPOP. of course I knew her hits, but never was so into her to watch interviews. There is a sense of respect for the work now that goes way beyond the immediate results. 

I really respect her figure as an entertainer.

And the way she pratically decided not to address ARTPOP at all in the interview (put apart for one line) and the display of interest in other artists' work it's frankly quite out there for you to see it, to see where she is as a person now.

Many people complain about the title ARTPOP given the fact that "there is not so much art in it".

Well, for me, ARTPOP could be called LADY GAGA and it would work the same.

As the band The Queen in the 70's started their art-rock thing with A night at the Opera, she did the same almost since the start with her music. Putting artistic element into mainstream pop music ( that became not so mainstream anymore since BTW). So, to call ARTPOP her project is like a statement that covers not just the album itself, but, I guess her career as a whole 'till where she is now.

It is not so weird to me that people that got "caught" in The Fame/TFM era iconic superstar image she wanted to give cannot move forward and experience the new stuff without feeling "cheated", because they were not there for an evolution in the first place, I guess.

These are just really my 2 cents on the thing (written in some ****ty English, I know, but be kind) Don't shade me, I am sensitive.

:omfgaga:

:applause::tea::pawsup: 

You've just said everything I ever wanted to express about this "pretentious" bul****. Thank you.

Too many people here with moral superiority complex.

Kermit the frog

:toofunny:

Well, she just said in her latest magazine feature:

"You don't need to know anything about art to enjoy it" :derpga:

That's absolutely true! I just don't like her attitude in this interview, she acts like she knows everything :( MESS.

MurderLipstick

Reading this makes me really understand why Gaga doesn't (want to) visit this forum/site anymore, I wouldn't either.

All this negativity ... :pukey:

In my opinion, she's not pretentious at all - it's called intelligence. I thought her answers very absolutely great and actually made a lot of sense. I can't think of any other popstar who could say such smart, intellectual, wise words, especially in her young age.

Massive gaps were there because she worked about 48 hours with Robert Wilson and still gave this interview and other radio interviews as well because she had to. There is a huge lack of empathy among some fans and all the complaining here is beyond annoying and unnecessary.

I think I will also try to avoid Gaga Daily in the future, I've had enough for now. Bye!

Spot on!

After I watched this interview for the first time it made me think about many thing in life... It really touched me. She is very clever and wise. Oh, my dream is to talk to her about life in general.. 

You know what? It is not even a "you can't get it" thing anymore. It's so well explained that there is nothing pretentious about and just who doesnt have the will to listen (like a student if I may say that, as SHE says also) doesn't get how straight forward this interview is.

She used to be (imo) way more "pretentious" during The Fame/TFM era interview, partly because that was the image she wanted to give "the fame status that allow you to be and say what you want", partly I guess because that was her real first taste of what fame makes you feel (that kind of rush of being listened and given importance).

Yesterday I've let my friends (no Gaga fan in my crew) see this interview. They were interested and we started a looong conversation about where we are now in terms of society and individuals about artistic freedom and possibilities for the future. We talked A LOT about the perception of the artist, and the recognition that usually comes once the artist is no longer there. Look at Michael Jackson and Amy Winehouse just to have an idea.

All of this I say it being a "new" fan. I got to be interested in her just this year with ARTPOP. of course I knew her hits, but never was so into her to watch interviews. There is a sense of respect for the work now that goes way beyond the immediate results. 

And the way she pratically decided not to address ARTPOP at all in the interview (put apart for one line) and the display of interest in other artists' work it's frankly quite out there for you to see it, to see where she is as a person now.

Many people complain about the title ARTPOP given the fact that "there is not so much art in it".

As the band The Queen in the 70's started their art-rock thing with A night at the Opera, she did the same almost since the start with her music. Putting artistic element into mainstream pop music ( that became not so mainstream anymore since BTW). So, to call ARTPOP her project is like a statement that covers not just the album itself, but, I guess her career as a whole 'till where she is now.

It is not so weird to me that people that got "caught" in The Fame/TFM era iconic superstar image she wanted to give cannot move forward and experience the new stuff without feeling "cheated", because they were not there for an evolution in the first place, I guess.

These are just really my 2 cents on the thing (written in some ****ty English, I know, but be kind) Don't shade me, I am sensitive.

Your english is great  and you're completely right. :worship:    I mean i loved this interview, because i like when people become like that 

and yes @HOTRODSGAGA  that should tell all of us, that she loves her fans very much!

CookieHWilson

Yeah!

Artistic freedom, respect and love. Let's all spread it, in our lives especially and let's think about our own creativity and how we communicate with others. (GGD is just a forum at the end, like mine are JUST posts) 

It's too easy to shade while being under the Internet 2.0 anonymity.

Frankly nothing more to say. I am just glad we can live the Lady Gaga experience NOW. Let's not wait for the artist to leave to regret it.

GGD is full of people enjoying this era, let us have our orgasms and stop distracting us with silly complaints.
(Said the guy with 23 posts  :fan: )

Insta: pierfedericomiozzo

Watched it all. Enjoyed the reporter -- she was really funny.

Gaga did seem a little weird... but obviously she was very very tired from working with Bob and her extensive interview + performances in the UK. It's funny how she is so upbeat in some interviews and then so quiet and slow in others.

Gagz is still cool  :excited:

autumnmycat

I'm almost crying from the truth tea that is being split here

Archived