Featured Posts

MarryTheSequins

The "not" wasn't supposed to be in there... just letting you know...  :duck:

omg i didn't even process the 'not' :rip:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

omg i didn't even process the 'not' :rip:

And I never realized it was there until you guys quoted it :rip: don't know why I put it in there. I fixed it.

MarryTheSequins

And I never realized it was there until you guys quoted it :rip: don't know why I put it in there. I fixed it.

flawless :whitney:

I got great pictures and video with my iPhone 5 during the BTWB without sacrificing my experience. You just need to be able to have a steady hand and not look at the screen.

You can't blame people for wanting to take pictures and video of a memorable experience... 

I get that, but recording the whole show or like 10 songs is annoying in my opinion, it does ruin my opinion to be honest. It's also about the environment you're in, whether everybody is jumping and having a great time or you're the only one there dancing or paying attention makes a big difference to your enjoyment. That's just true. Of course, whether I have a good time and dance depends on me but it's just not fun to be the only one at a show that seems to enjoy it even a small bit.

It's not that much about blocking view, but more about the atmosphere at the show. There's a reason why she called this audience her best audience ever:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcR8JkdAmGY

and how artists often ask people to just put their cameras/phones down, stand up, put their hands up and such. It annoys them too, probably the most out of all. Where's the fun in performing for an audience that just stands still and doesn't even look at you?

monsterdreams

I usually film the most important bit or a song I want to see again live

Haters gonna need more than a flashlight for my shade

pink sushi

Its none of your business if people want to take pictures and videos to remember the show by. :crossed:  If you think it ruins the experience for you, then simply don't bring a camera and just enjoy the moment. But you have no right to complain if other people don't feel the same way and want to take pics/video. :crossed: Someone having a small phone or camera out shouldn't be a big distraction to you...... I agree though that people shouldn't be recording with iPads and tablets.... :wtf: Those are extremely bulky and ARE distracting for people....

Most people who record videos at concerts balance between trying to take video and enjoying the moment. Its not like they are gonna record every minute of the show. Most only record maybe 1/3 at most. Its completely worth it to have video to go back and remember the moment by. Especially in the week or two after the concert when post concert depression sets in.... :(

People filming or taking pointless blurred messes on phones is an utter waste of time unless you are front row. I'll take pics and video but only when I have a clear shot and camera below my eyeline. I'll generally use one show to do a chunk of filming, I wish now I'd done a BTW show complete. I probably will next tour.

I would add, if the artist requests no pics or video (eg Prince) I won't use my camera at all.

seashellbikini

[NOT GAGA RELATED, BUT TOPIC RELATED]

I took a rubber duck to my P!NK concert and I threw it onto the stage and she put it on her stool during her acoustic set and I managed to film her put it on her stool and then me talking to her, so obviously I am all for taking photos/videos bc now I have a memory that I will cherish forever and never forget!

there wasn't a dvd made of the btw ball though, was there? And what if the singer does something unusually vocally talented that we can show off in comparison videos

ryhanna

I don't have a problem with it. 

Like, you'll look back at the footage you took years from now and have a flood of memories and nostalgia about that time you were in the same room as Lady Gaga, watching her sing and dance her ass off on stage. It's more personal than a tour DVD. 

ElectricHaus

Cameras don't bother me at all....

I always take a camera to a concert I take pictures all through the show, and only video about 15 minutes (spread out)! i Always enjoy myself even when i'm recording. Something I've always done is record the opening of the concert.....and usually half of my fav song, and then the other half i'm dancing and singing. i always post my vids on youtube too, and people always comment and say i sing loud. I watch my concert vids a lot, its a way for me to relive. Plus, in 10 years i can go back and be like, OMG she sounded so good, and look at that costume......

here are some of my favorite vids that i have been able to capture at shows:

RIhanna:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4aZsGHpGaI

Gaga:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5OUTzHxDfc

Jlo (front row video):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_tFrSZ8s7Q

Nicki Minaj:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AB6uPVqFOqE

such good memories!

gagaconvert

I use my small digital camera to record HD versions of my fave songs. I still dance like crazy during it though so the video ends up being pretty wobbly  :haha: But I love that whenever I watch it back I'm immediately transported RIGHT BACK to that very moment. I find that videos really capture the atmosphere well, and in a very personal way.

I'm also quite careful about where I hold my camera and try my best not to block someone else's view. I remember once in a concert someone behind me was RESTING THEIR CAMERA ON MY HEAD whilst recording. I laugh at it now but at the time I was so pissed off lol!

Archived