💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

NY Times reviews ARTPOP

Redstreak

Featured Posts

thehanyo

Disagree with the main premise of this review. Gaga had only dabbled in the arts of fashion and music before ARTPOP. ARTPOP was her foray into visual and performance art (Koons, Wilson, Abramovic, etc.) She learned from these people and they influenced the music of ARTPOP.

DUH.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The review isnt bad. It is an argumented opinion no mather what and, sadly, I can say that in this pre-promo for ARTPOP at times I did think what the reviewer said in the last part.

CANNOGABANG

I loved this review. The author seemed to know what he was talking about.

This. It seems quite objectively made, which is great!

pieces of eight

Yeah, this review should have had a caveat about the app coming out.  Perhaps it could be called "part I of II".

This. It seems quite objectively made, which is great!

Agreed! I always wait for NYT reviews when it comes to movies or music. They are very objective and informed. Next one I'm waiting for is Rolling Stone.

SummerGirl21

I was just annoyed that he didn't really understand the lyrics to Sexxx Dreams...The person talking about the boyfriend being out of town is the guy/girl in Gaga's dream...at least that is how I've interpreted it. 

Agreed! I always wait for NYT reviews when it comes to movies or music. They are very objective and informed. Next one I'm waiting for is Rolling Stone.

i'm dying for the rolling stone review. 

SpadesToStart

A LOT of critics complain about the title, and the mix or nonmixture of art and pop.

I think the music is supposed to be more pop, and the art will be fulfilled by artRAVE, music videos, performances and the app.

Look at Applause, by itself it's just pop, but then the video really ties it all together with Gaga's vision.

A LOT of critics complain about the title, and the mix or nonmixture of art and pop.

I think the music is supposed to be more pop, and the art will be fulfilled by artRAVE, music videos, performances and the app.

Look at Applause, by itself it's just pop, but then the video really ties it all together with Gaga's vision.

exactly. How can they be so blind  :cry:

Kindness rules all.

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived