Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner

US Charts Discussion - 'ARTPOP' debuts at #1

Americano

Featured Posts

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone. I'm new here, but have lurked forever and decided to jump in!

I believe what we are seeing with Applause on the radio is a label decision to push the well known hit, leading up to the week of the album release. I've seen it done with other artists and it makes sense. Right now, they are in album mode. They are pushing for the best opening week possible and it is better to do that with a #5 radio hit than with a song that is climbing and in the 30s. Then they will use SNL and the upcoming video for DWUW to launch the second single and to push for album longevity. It's a strategic decision and one that makes sense for album sales. Concentrate on the album this week and next, then start with the push for DWUW the next week.

That's what I think too! Troy mentioned this kind of approach last week when he talked about the ARTPOP promo campaign.

Nicely said. :)

Whispering

Glad you joined the site! Welcome. :)

Very good insight. Do you have experience in the industry? Hope to see you continue posing in the future!

Thank you! No, I'm just a nerdy chart watcher. I hang out at Pulse and have been watching music numbers and charts for a while now.

This is my favorite thread, I check it constantly! :)

Thank you! No, I'm just a nerdy chart watcher. I hang out at Pulse and have been watching music numbers and charts for a while now.

This is my favorite thread, I check it constantly! :)

Great! So you are well educated with charts. Enjoy your stay here... :creepflop:

(just kidding :hug:)

Americano

Submitted my precious vote for DWUW. Good luck sistren

latoya11i5sug.gif

Are you streaming it on Youtube too?

Oh wait, you're under 18, sorry Nick

latoya11i5sug.gif

Catalystluna56

latoya11i5sug.gif

'Xcuse me, just gonna make my daily stop into this thread. How's the increase coming for DWUW on AI? Are we at 30M+? 40M?

And I like this idea of promoting the album first and worrying about DWUW later, since the MV for it wont be coming out for another 2 weeks or so.

Are you streaming it on Youtube too?

Oh wait, you're under 18, sorry Nick

latoya11i5sug.gif

Asked my mommy and she said it was inappropriate. Sticking with the clean version on iTunes for now

latoya11i5sug.gif

Americano

latoya11i5sug.gif

'Xcuse me, just gonna make my daily stop into this thread. How's the increase coming for DWUW on AI? Are we at 30M+? 40M?

And I like this idea of promoting the album first and worrying about DWUW later, since the MV for it wont be coming out for another 2 weeks or so.

DWUW got like a 1m update since KIIS and 92.3 now felt the need to put Applause back into PR and cut DWUW's spins :rip:

DWUW got like a 1m update since KIIS and 92.3 now felt the need to put Applause back into PR and cut DWUW's spins :rip:

I actually am warming up to this tho? I think it makes sense to push Applause for another week since people are familiar with it. DWUW isn't big enough to sell records yet- focus on that later.

my station was like,

"Okay gaga coming up next" So I waited "expecting to hear dwuw"

They played born this way

shfaklhklfkdsajfljads :deadbanana:

I didn't think stations still had BTW songs on their playlists :giggle:

Catalystluna56

I never thought we'd want Applongevity to die off, but the good girl Applause needs to take a seat.

thoughtful-oprah.gif

Americano

the worst was yesterday (DWUW's impact day)

Kiss 108

"And here we have LADY GAGA'S NEW SINGLE! Youre listening to KISS 108" -Applause starts

shfaklhklfkdsajfljads :deadbanana:

I didn't think stations still had BTW songs on their playlists :giggle:

mine does :dead:

my station plays like pokerface/bad romance/alejandro and stuff still :rip: 

virgin radio too 

the worst was yesterday (DWUW's impact day)

Kiss 108

"And here we have LADY GAGA'S NEW SINGLE! Youre listening to KISS 108" -Applause starts

people need to leave applause go ffs 

Archived