Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th

US Charts Discussion - 'ARTPOP' debuts at #1

Americano

Featured Posts

am i the only one who is kind of scared about the first week numbers of ARTPOP? i mean the album is not even top 10 in US iTunes and album's out in 4 days... should we be scared ?  :shrug:

No, ARTPOP already has ~150k pre-orders on iTunes alone and a day on top of iTunes is what? 10-20k pre-orders?

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm adjusting my estimates for ARTPOP itunes preorders down as follows:

When DWUW was released 76K

When Venus was released 87K

When Dope was released 97K

but with increasing preorders in the last week, should still be at around 115-120K when ARTPOP is released

Aside from digital sales figs for last week implying Venus <123K, the calculation for pre-orders is dependent on the time of day when they took effect.  The calculation is based relative to a steady-selling song - Royals which sold 28K/day last week.  The preorders for Dope raised it to 4.42 x Royals' which would suggest ARTPOP preorders of 4.42 x 28K = 124K.  However, the preorders were recognised on itunes at around 5 am, and with Royals (and every other song) not selling much during the night, its tally used within itunes would have decreased about 20%, so the pre-order estimation has to be corrected likewise.

Just a tip, but share the Spotify link for DWUW on Facebook. Many people aren't able to access it via Youtube and Spotify+sharing is extremely important for a song. Look at Dark Horse, how else is it doing so great right now with 0 radio support? PRISM release was 2 weeks ago, so hype died down and Katy hasn't done US promo for a while now too.

pie-kun

What the **** are those 'The Voice Performances' ? XD

They're performances from the show The Voice, they are released on iTunes shortly after the show airs. They all usually go high on the iTunes charts when they are first released because the show is very popular but they die very quickly. Pretty much like how the Glee songs used to be.

Lady Gaga â€@ladygaga 1m
#5DaysTillARTPOP Worried you won't get into the album release party? DONT! It will be live streamed by @ClearChannel w/ host @RyanSeacrest!

:excited2:

Pure Adrenaline

Lady Gaga â€@ladygaga 1m

#5DaysTillARTPOP Worried you won't get into the album release party? DONT! It will be live streamed by @ClearChannel w/ host @RyanSeacrest!

:excited2:

slay slay slay can't wait

It's much more fun to have hizophrenia... u never get lonely

Joe Calderone

How did Venus not make Top 10 on HDS? That means it sold less than 123K.....what a mess  :rip:

In retrospect I am SO glad they ditched it for DWUW.

Venus missed top 10 on HDS? :lmao:

How did Venus not make Top 10 on HDS? That means it sold less than 123K.....what a mess  :rip:

"Nos. 6 and 7 songs are missing (unless the Passenger song is supposed to be No. 6; then Nos. 7 and 8 are missing.

"

nick4bty

In retrospect I am SO glad they ditched it for DWUW.

OMG Venus as a single would've bombed soooo badly  :lmao:

I really hope that CBS special is true. That would be HUGE. The ClearChannel deal is also awesome. Interscope literally copying Capaytol's promo plan  :dies:  But doing it better. I love it. 

Archived