Die With A Smile Music Video Banner

Slant Magazine reviews ARTPOP!

scrappy

Featured Posts

Redstreak

I was hoping Sal would get her album again, as he was quite a proponent of BTW.

I think he nails this, actually. In a lot of ways, it's a step backward for her, and a definite attempt to re-legitimize her "star." And there's quite a bit that doesn't quite work. But, there's quite a bit that does, too, because for all her faults, Gaga's just good at crafting a pop song.

In fairness though they considered the step back strategic.

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty good. Slant can be pretty harsh in reviews.

Aye, they are. Roman Reloaded and Teenage Dream getting a 3/10. Talk That Talk got a 5/10, as did the Fame, so forth.

Redstreak

Aye, they are. Roman Reloaded and Teenage Dream getting a 3/10. Talk That Talk got a 5/10, as did the Fame, so forth.

Yep and after actually reading the review and not just seeing the score, it's actually a very honest one.

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

Give me a break about the Madonna comparisons … it’s sickening.  Reviewers only use them to make themselves seem knowledgeable and to give them something negative to say about Gaga.  It’s sad that people believe what they read.  I’m surprised he didn’t also mention Vogue, another song that is nothing like Fashion but was one of Madonna’s songs that advanced the art of pop music at that time.  I’m starting to lose respect for any reviewers who suggest Gaga copies Madonna.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Forrest Gump

It's bothersome that pop music gets such a bad rap. There's a lot of work that goes into pop music, and I feel like that gets unnoticed or under appreciated, because people just assume most pop music is vapid and devoid of meaning. I'm not just saying this specifically about this review, but about a lot of the reviews about Gaga in recent years. And I'm not saying people should be praising the ground she walks on, but I feel like they don't take her very seriously simply because she is a pop star. 

it's not that. it's just pop albums are usually just collection of singles and fillers and don't bring something new or innovating to the table. because the album is most of the time, put to the side for the smash radio hits and image.

Lawrence

can we have a public service announcement to NOT bring up prism for every review of ARTPOP

like who cares? if you wanna gloat about it, go on those other sites and gloat.

aaronyoji

"gypsy is just a rewrite of the edge of glory" uh byeee

"cant self edit" uh to the contrary, venus's production is too tame. super byyyeeee

blahblahblahhhh

That Madonna part was completely unnecessary. I can't believe they're still comparing Gaga to her, it's ridiculous.

COSMIC LOVAH

Are all of these reviews from well known magazines or just ones you'd find in your doctor's office? :laughga:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived