Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Dave Russell: "Aura was the first song Gaga wrote for ARTPOP"

itsdominik

Featured Posts

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kermit the frog

Isnt it funny that today, while listening to the album, I was thinking that Aura/Burqa must've been the first one she recorded? Psychic :legend:

CannaeDrive

Funny, I don't remember hearing the chorus of Aura from IM; the chorus is the most important part of the song right?

****ing this. Lol at those saying she didnt write the song.

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

Paper Gangsta

that ART and POP can belong together? in some songs we see that ART and POP are in the songs, in some songs we see that the ART is in the visuals and the POP is in the song. but in aura i don't see ART anywhere. maybe there is thats just my opinion

And what visuals we got for Aura?

D: funny cause Aura is one of the least "ARTPOP" songs imo... has nothing to do with the concept... maybe when she wrote Aura before she thought of the concept

What? Do you mean the concept of standing in front of a mirror, taking costumes off and wanting to be great without them? As in "do you want to see the girl behind the aura, behind the cover, behind the burqa?"

the only visuals we have so far is aura. plz explain how the rest of the album fits this description.

True, but what about

Venus? (she channels marina with that scorpion on her face), she mentions Venus/aphrodite/boticceli 

Applause music video is full of artistic references

theres probably more that i don't remember

Why do you guys think she mentions Warhol's Soup Cans so much? Art doesnt have to be obvious, it can be very subtle, and there are many musical and lyrical details, double meanings, that make the album artistic.

Also art is subjective, so just because you dont see it, hear it or feel it, it doesnt mean its not there, again, who would care about a drawing of a soup can?

Example: FOR ME  Sexxx Dreams is artistic, because even when the lyrics are very direct, they are elegant, lines like "we could be caught, we're both convicted criminals or tought" are really interesting, and musically the violins and the progressive feel, its  not just a song that gets you to twerk or go stupid, it takes you back to one of the most important sides of Sex: fantasy and desire, not just the climax

Anyway, on topic, about Aura, it means that from the start, Gaga was asking herself and the world if everyone really wanted to see the girl behind the outfits, the curtain, abother artistic detail she subtly gives and people are CLEARLY missing, we as outsiders often see muslim women as forgotten and makes us feel like if they were not important, because of the burqa, when in reality the burqa is there to cover the real person, that you dont deserve to see (goes on in DWUW), so, do you really want to see the reality? can you handle it?

GovernmentHookah

Besides G.U.Y this is one of my favorite songs on the album.  No wonder she was so anxious to "leak" it :D

HausOfMiklaus

Which is the only early material Kathryn had to go on to make her next album, the "Aura" concept. And so she made Prism. :laughga:

I want your energy

I want your AURA

-Legendary Lovers

I think she wrote in the beginning of 2012!!!

I actually think her vocals in the first verse - like we heard in the demo, were very BTW. Maybe that's why she decided to redo them? ... or maybe I'm @ lvl 100 reaching.  :awkney:

I'm off topic I know...but is that you in the avatar?!? If so OMG you are so hot xD :)

I think he means the first song that actually made the album, I think she wrote many other songs for ARTPOP back in mid - late 2011 that didn't make the cut. I believe Aura (or Burqa as it was then known) was written in the early stages of TBWB in spring 2012.

sciencemonster

D: funny cause Aura is one of the least "ARTPOP" songs imo... has nothing to do with the concept... maybe when she wrote Aura before she thought of the concept

I think so 

Archived