💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Popjustice reviews Venus

JEANBO

Featured Posts

SummerGirl21

TBH, and even 6 is  too low for Slaynus

agreed.  that's why i said AT LEAST.  Really, it should get a 7 or up IMO.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I gotta agree with them. To me, it sounds like 5 different songs pushed into one. It has some amazing moments, like.."when you touch me I die just a little inside" etc etc...but overall, in comparison to her other songs, and well...most other songs...it sounds like an unfinished product. It doesn't "flow" like a single should, the structure is terrible...this song while her first production effort, definitely should have been handed over to someone else for final touches, before release.

TLDR: the production (or lack there of) makes it sound like a mash-up of several songs, and there is no cohesiveness to it....and...this...is...just...my...personal...opinion.

http://youtu.be/k-ARuoSFflc

Like this you mean...

Mythic Mist

No lies were told tbh. Except for it sounding like a Fame Demo. It's more fo a BTW Demo cuz its just so messy. Too messy to even be on BTW. :nails:

SummerGirl21

No lies were told tbh. Except for it sounding like a Fame Demo. It's more fo a BTW Demo cuz its just so messy. Too messy to even be on BTW.  :nails:

uhhhh tell that to half of the BTW album. :oops:

Mythic Mist

uhhhh tell that to half of the BTW album. :oops:

Sis, are you saying that half of BTW is messier than Venus? :awkney:

SummerGirl21

essentially, yeah. 

i'm okay with messiness, but BTW was pretty messy. 

Judas, GH, Scheisse, Black Jesus + Amen Fashion, Fashion of His Love, Americano...

That's not to say I don't like some of those songs (just not a fan of BJ+AF or FOHL and Americano isn't one of my favorites)

Sometimes her messiness is on purpose and it works.  I think it works in Scheisse and GH, and it almost worked for Judas.  

I respect Gaga and her creative decisions.  She felt the need to make BTW and I don't fault her for that.  But it's definitely my least favorite album. 

What people are missing is how stylistically unique and important this song is.  The song transports me to 70s/early 80s space rock/disco down to its core.  Not just in the Space as a theme and spacey synths and alien voices, but the melodies sound straight from that era.  Not to mention this is the kind of Bowie/glam rock-esque song Gaga was born to make.  You can just tell how this is truly the kind of music she wants and loves to make.  It's richly inspired while being unique and if people are going to throw negativity/overlook its greatness then whatever.  They can pass on an epic song and I will enjoy popping my *** to it like a space hippie till the end of days.  :coffee:

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived