💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Popjustice reviews Venus

JEANBO

Featured Posts

http://www.popjustice.com/songs/lady-gaga-venus/

It got FOUR/10.

It's worrying, almost heartbreaking really, that this piss-poor, messy descent into self-parody was ever in the running for the second single from 'ARTPOP'.

There are a fair number of decent bits, but there are toe-curling moments too. Gaga should understand better than most - she certainly used to - that pop is all about the full package, and the full, finished song just doesn't work. Most problematically, this song simply isn't finished. The production is incredibly basic, the lyrics feel like a first draft, and the middle eight is a disaster.

If this had surfaced as an unreleased demo from the 'The Fame' sessions it might have held some value as a curiosity. As a proposed single in 2013, it's tragic.

Your thoughts?

UPDATE: Original score was FIVE/10 but they lowered it. :rip:

https://twitter.com/Popjustice/status/394754227522007040

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They don't know a hit when it hits them in the face. This is the same site that thought Judas was the biggest thing that ever happened to pop music....

They usually stan Gaga, IDGI. The writer probably had a bad day.  Venus is flawless. 

The Taylor Brigade: KNOCKOUT

ChasingGhosts

WAT?! 4/10??!?? I thought PopJustice liked Gaga???

They do, obviosuly not this song

Born This Way > Joanne > The Fame Monster > The Fame > ARTPOP

Popjustice turning on Gaga after she told us not to care what critics & bloggers say I see

Popjustice turning on Gaga after she told us not to care what critics & bloggers say I see

All part of Gags master plan :whitney:

They gave DWUW EIGHT/10 though. :laughga:

They are not that wrong...

the production is  messy and simply bad, sorry gagz, and also the whole song sounds unfinished

the song had a huge hit potential, but it needs a better production, I love the melody and the song but I think with a professional production Venus could have been the biggest song of ARTPOP

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived