Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th

LAG strikes again

australiagaga

Featured Posts

heavymlover

Gaga's current choreographer is nothing compared to LAG. I'd rather have her b---hy personality than **** choreo.

Laurieann Gibson >>>>>

I mean, who else would make a film ABOUT THEMSELVES then cast Jessica Alba AS THEMSELVES?

As a choreographer, perhaps. As a creative director she was a total mess though. Plus, we don't need her saying how she created and rescued Gaga's career

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bionic

As a choreographer, perhaps. As a creative director she was a total mess though. Plus, we don't need her saying how she created and rescued Gaga's career

i don't think that's a fair judgement. it's not like gaga's videos were always succinct before her . it's not like gaga's image stayed constant ever.

i think if laurieann was giving an ENTIRE project/era to work with, then it could work. but alas she already had imagery to stick with and did her best.

buy bionic

Her statement certainly wasn't hard in making Gaga look not good as a dancer. Oh well, I would have taken it as an objective criticism, but given the personal grudges between the two ever since their split in 2011 - that's quite impossible. At least we all know Gaga isn't the best dancer since her career objective is not to become the best dancer in the world, but to become the best entertainer as possibly as she could. 

heavymlover

i don't think that's a fair judgement. it's not like gaga's videos were always succinct before her . it's not like gaga's image stayed constant ever.

i think if laurieann was giving an ENTIRE project/era to work with, then it could work. but alas she already had imagery to stick with and did her best.

I recognize her work as a choreographer, but she could've done much better in regards of creative direction. She was in charge of pretty much the whole BTW era and its creative inconsitencies (although I really like the BTW era, it's still her messiest era creatively, in my opinion). Of course she's not the only one to blame, but if you think about it, many fans consider the MTN era as BTW's best in regards of performances, fashion and creative input, and that person had just a couple of weeks to work with the imagery and do something good because Laurieann's departure happened all of the sudden.

As much as I like LAG's choreography, I'm not afraid to say that she's Gaga's weakest creative director. I won't discredit her work, but I'll simply say that getting a new creative director was the best decision the Haus could've taken back then.

bionic

I recognize her work as a choreographer, but she could've done much better in regards of creative direction. She was in charge of pretty much the whole BTW era and its creative inconsitencies (although I really like the BTW era, it's still her messiest era creatively, in my opinion). Of course she's not the only one to blame, but if you think about it, many fans consider the MTN era as BTW's best in regards of performances, fashion and creative input, and that person had just a couple of weeks to work with the imagery and do something good because Laurieann's departure happened all of the sudden.

As much as I like LAG's choreography, I'm not afraid to say that she's Gaga's weakest creative director. I won't discredit her work, but I'll simply say that getting a new creative director was the best decision the Haus could've taken back then.

I think with anybody less involved than Gaga she'd flourish. If she was Rihana's creative director or Katy Perry's, she'd be great. But Gaga is stubborn and has ideas of her own that she is desperate to see through. It was clear throughout that Gaga and LAG had conflicting ideas. It's a position that nobody could really have done well in.

I agree that getting a new creative director was needed. Laurieann IS a choreographer first and foremost. Gaga's current team just seems week compared to her previous team (especially around 2009/10). 

Maybe I'm not enough of an ~artist~ to understand. Maybe it is just a messy flurry of ideas.

I'd be happy to agree to disagree.

buy bionic

Willy Wonka

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIHCPi0Hc98

I'm so Addictive

WXlZaQo.jpg

OMG I love my humps

Hey, but she wasn't very rude or negative in the interview. I've watched the video and she said that Gaga was fearless and so on and we know that Gaga is not the best dancer. Gibson also criticized katy Perry's dancing abilities so...

Slayer

Oh I'm sorry, LAG, but what are you doing these days exactly?

SpKpx.jpg

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived