US Charts Discussion - TRACK 'DO WHAT U WANT' HERE!

Americano

Featured Posts

Americano

Not really. Half of the songs that go top 5 on pop radio dont even enter the top 20 on itunes lol

• Replies 22.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jean Grey Phoenix is my gaga in comics :wub:

So dumb question, we're getting DWUW at 9 pacific time yes?

Yes! And it is not a dumb question.

Not really. Half of the songs that go top 5 on pop radio dont even enter the top 20 on itunes lol

Is it certain it's not payola? I mean the last maroon 5 song did good in radio yet did horribly on iTunes lol

Nothing. Radio plays what they want to play, lol.

US radio tends to pick winners - they don't just play a bunch of new songs for a few weeks as in UK, then drop them the moment sales fade. Also the US had VMA .promo and KIA promo for sales, and Gaga wooing major stations.

Americano

Is it certain it's not payola? I mean the last maroon 5 song did good in radio yet did horribly on iTunes lol

I don't think we'll ever really know. I just think songs are stronger in different areas though.

Some sound better on the radio than they do at your computer with headphones, and some songs are fun to jam out when youre sitting in traffic but its not quite good enough youd wanna buy it.

"Turntable hits" are just a thing. 'I Love It' and 'Safe & Sound' come  to mind. Considerably low sales vs airplay.

I don't think we'll ever really know. I just think songs are stronger in different areas though.

Some sound better on the radio than they do at your computer with headphones, and some songs are fun to jam out when youre sitting in traffic but its not quite good enough youd wanna buy it.

"Turntable hits" are just a thing. 'I Love It' and 'Safe & Sound' come  to mind. Considerably low sales vs airplay.

Thanks for the explanation :)

Archived