UK Charts Discussion

WarriorPrince

Featured Posts

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Arturo

and then next week, we'll have 'complete my album' to contend with

If I remember correctly, I may be wrong, didn't Miley have a double #1 with Bangerz and Wrecking Ball?

And wasn't Wrecking Ball originally a preorder single?

StrawberryBlond

Little Mix had better not get to #1 with that atrocious song. It just doesn't add up how their singles have been so successful yet their album sales are lacklustre. Totally loving how 1D didn't even make top 3, though. The deal is sealed - there will be no UK #1's for them this album. Their follow-up's going to be a testing time if their fan power isn't strong enough for a #1 at their peak.

Ā 

SyCo are stupid tho. Scheduling James in the same week as Eminem, Little Mix in the same week as Gaga... Do they only want to achieve several number twos this year or something?

Ā 

That's what I was saying a while ago. 1D are also in the same week as Gary Barlow and Rebecca Ferguson a day before Britney. It's like they want them to fail. The buzz around Eminem's and Gaga's albums have been off the charts for a long time, so why would they schedule them up against the biggest competition? Single sales are unpredictable, but there's no excuse for bad album schedules. I've just got the impression that Simon doesn't care as much this year considering that his biggest worries are his lovechild scandal and XF US being a rip-roaring flop and getting floppier every season. 1D and Olly are the only UK acts he cares about and neither of them have anything to worry about, success-wise right now.

Aren't Xmas album still so much bigger than other times, it's still worth it to release than.

Those acts might not be able to top Katy or Arcade Fire anyway.

If I remember correctly, I may be wrong, didn't Miley have a double #1 with Bangerz and Wrecking Ball?

And wasn't Wrecking Ball originally a preorder single?

Ā 

Good point - perhaps they don't subtract off complete-my-albums for the purpose of the UK singles chart then.Ā  That would be fair, since they shouldn't block a song charting both for having a pre-order and for releasing the pre-order on album completion.

Does anyone know the current UK sales of some track that is selling about constantly, say Royals?, so I can calculate ARTPOP's itunes preorders from the Dope figures.Ā  I got 12.5K last time I calculated it I recall - I want to see if it has gone up.Ā  I guess most of the UK preorders are for the physical album (Amazon),Ā  not itunes

Archived