UK Charts Discussion

WarriorPrince

Featured Posts

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StrawberryBlond

Surprised that 1D have fallen so fast and Lorde's due to overtake them again soon. It just goes to prove that Directioners don't have as much power as they think they do. It looks like this could be their first album that has no UK #1's, or any #1's for that matter, if their worldwide iTunes performance is anything to go by. Releasing an album every year might seem like a get rich quick scheme, but if they are that frequent and repeatedly successful, there inevitably comes a time when people stop buying the singles because they know they're going to buy the entire album anyway. The worldwide chart performance of Best Song Ever really proves this theory. And speaking of releasing albums...

It's going to be a bloodbath in the albums charts next week. Celine Dion, Gabriella Cilmi, Avril Lavigne, M.I.A, James Arthur, The Wanted, Tinie Tempah and Eminem are all releasing on the same day in the UK. Obviously, the first four aren't going to do as well, but the other four are contenders and there's going to be disappointments. I don't think we've seen 4 successful acts vying for a #1 album in the same week. I don't know why all these albums have been scheduled for this week, seeing as most of them are comeback albums and need the success. There's one big obvious prediction for #1 but how do you think the others will fare? My idea...

Eminem

Tinie

James

The Wanted

Avril

Celine

M.I.A

Gabriella

Arturo

Being completely serious though, have we NOT gotten an update on Applause's numbers?

They should be ~220,000, correct?

Being completely serious though, have we NOT gotten an update on Applause's numbers?

They should be ~220,000, correct?

Yep between 210-220,000.

If it returns to the top 40 this week we might get an update.

Arturo

Yep between 210-220,000.

If it returns to the top 40 this week we might get an update.

Oh ok. Well it's #40 on iTunes and it seemed to linger around #39-#40 so let's hope it does get an extra week in the Top 40 :)

Archived