• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Economy

• Pop

• leoj

Top Posters In This Topic

John The Gypsy

This is great! I've been getting positive feedback from friends who tell me "I heard Gaga's new song on the radio, like 4 times today, and I actually like it!". One of my friends caught on to her Bowie inspired vocals and said this is the first single he really liked from the first listen.

I'm so excited that people in LA seem to be responding well! :party:

Then why aren't the sales rising ?

People focus on the fact that she has a devoted fanbase but bypass the fact that she has equally devoted non-supporters who will write her off just for the sport of it and convince others to do so as well. She has to re-establish herself and get back in there, thats the obstacle she faces this time. She has to chip away at the wall that was built between her and non-fans. Applause isn't as infectious as Just Dance or as epic as Bad Romance but its good. Good enough to have the potential to do decent on the charts and set herself up for an even better follow up by comparison.

Basically what im saying is you have to give it time. I thought it would've been common sense that she wasn't just going to typhoon the charts when she hasn't done that since The Fame Monster. Especially in comparison to Katy who never left radio to begin with and is "returning" from a wildly successful previous era that spawned 5 #1 singles. Its like duh.

Edited by xgagax

• Shadow locked this topic