Die With A Smile Music Video Banner

Gaga Tweets New Applause Lyrics

Jesse Pinkman

Featured Posts

heavyMetalGAGA

I haven't heard the song yet, I was only talking about her ability to rhyme :yes: There's no reason for you to attack me personally either for having an opinion about a sentence she tweeted :flop:

I don't need to agree with "several" critics and especially not with millions of fans just because they have a different opinion. And I don't need to be a multi-millionaire musical legend selling out stadiums across the globe to know the difference between good and bad lyrics.  Talent is seldom repaid with success.

Well she obviously did something right with her rhyming schemes to have the acclaim, support, and success she has. And I'm sorry for the personal attack, you just came off as very snobbish saying she sucked at rhyming. You don't have to like everything she does, I don't either, but you don't have to be rude about it and say her lack of a certain talent is embarrassing. That's just f*cking uncalled for, it's like go to another fanpage then

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kermit the frog

• Didymus

• Voltaic

• FATCAT

I like the lyrics, but they sound pretentious as ****. The usual for the Gaga fan. I agree with the theory quoted above. Basically, it's a "**** you" to the haters of this song or the people who hate her (music) regardless of what she puts out or does. She will get applauded by her fans and non-haters (most of the gp) anyway. Great 'comeback' track after an overexposed era like BTW imo.

Hypocrateen

I agree with people saying that the lyrics we got so far aren't relatable for the GP but you know, the only songs relatable to them are break-up songs and party songs so I don't really care.

If the beat is catchy and so is the flowing of the lyrics they're gonna sing it and they're going to deal with it.

:classy:

aaronyoji

I just wanted to point out two posts i saw here but i cant go through pages upon pages to quote, so here:

I saw someone bring up whether or not people can relate to these lyrics, to which i would say, our way of relating to this song isnt by pretending we're all performers, but as an audience. we can relate to this song as an audience, because everyone these days has something to say, has their own convictions about what the artist should do, what she should say/wear/choose as singles. i mean commentary from non artists is what drives how we perceive our entertainment because of the times we live in. there are so many new shows on television that are literally just about commenting on the ridiculousness of pop culture, which in itself is ridiculous, and drives ridiculousness in entertainment. 

So in short, our purpose with this song is to relate to it as an audience watching a performer, leaking on stage, longing for something real.

Point 2: There was a wonderful a--lysis that Kankuro (sorry if i misspelled that) made, discussing what Applause could be about, and i think the overall jest of this song, and the album in general will discuss, is the relationship between performer and audience. Gaga will test the relationship between audience and performer, create a new dialogue about it, hence why she chose marina to collaborate with, who is a master at challenging performer/audience reaction. 

I like the lyrics, but they sound pretentious as ****. The usual for the Gaga fan. I agree with the theory quoted above. Basically, it's a "**** you" to the haters of this song or the people who hate her (music) regardless of what she puts out or does. She will get applauded by her fans and non-haters (most of the gp) anyway. Great 'comeback' track after an overexposed era like BTW imo.

if this song or gaga in general was pretentious, that would imply she doesnt know what shes talking about, but she does. so no she is not pretentious. being grand, and theatrical and standing by the convictions of what her art is is not pretentious. 

Stephen

I agree with people saying that the lyrics we got so far aren't relatable for the GP but you know, the only songs relatable to them are break-up songs and party songs so I don't really care.

If the beat is catchy and so is the flowing of the lyrics they're gonna sing it and they're going to deal with it.

:classy:

I agree. I don't think many people related to Paparazzi lol and yet it was still a hit

Brainiac

I just wanted to point out two posts i saw here but i cant go through pages upon pages to quote, so here:

I saw someone bring up whether or not people can relate to these lyrics, to which i would say, our way of relating to this song isnt by pretending we're all performers, but as an audience. we can relate to this song as an audience, because everyone these days has something to say, has their own convictions about what the artist should do, what she should say/wear/choose as singles. i mean commentary from non artists is what drives how we perceive our entertainment because of the times we live in. there are so many new shows on television that are literally just about commenting on the ridiculousness of pop culture, which in itself is ridiculous, and drives ridiculousness in entertainment. 

So in short, our purpose with this song is to relate to it as an audience watching a performer, leaking on stage, longing for something real.

Point 2: There was a wonderful a--lysis that Kankuro (sorry if i misspelled that) made, discussing what Applause could be about, and i think the overall jest of this song, and the album in general will discuss, is the relationship between performer and audience. Gaga will test the relationship between audience and performer, create a new dialogue about it, hence why she chose marina to collaborate with, who is a master at challenging performer/audience reaction. 

if this song or gaga in general was pretentious, that would imply she doesnt know what shes talking about, but she does. so no she is not pretentious. being grand, and theatrical and standing by the convictions of what her art is is not pretentious.

:clap: :clap: :clap: btw, are you the same Aaron that was on radio ARTPOP last week?

:wtf: so floppy. Hopefully they sound better in context.

Edited by Glutamate

Emvee

why do people throw out the word pretentious like it's ****-ing for free?

these lyrics are a response to exactly that. a bunch of people who think they know her and where she's coming from, but don't.

aaronyoji

:clap: :clap: :clap: btw, are you the same Aaron that was on radio ARTPOP last week?

yes i am! no photos plz 

Brainiac

yes i am! no photos plz 

haha I could tell by your in depth a--lysis! I told you this yesterday but your posts are always so intelligent. love reading your posts :)

aaronyoji

haha I could tell by your in depth a--lysis! I told you this yesterday but your posts are always so intelligent. love reading your posts :)

thanks! 

Cool! Hopefully the lyrics will be about how YOU can beat the critics and get the applause you deserve. Make the lyrics more relatable for the GP. 

• Shadow locked this topic