Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Interscope was VERY smart with the ARTPOP release dates

Klou

Featured Posts

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MANiCURE1295

As soon as I saw the album releases date I thought to myself "GENIUS"!!!! Muhahahah

heavyMetalGAGA

Yeah, if she didn't get nominated or win anything, it would not help her at all. It would probably hurt her.

I agree. What do you think about the second single though? I'm a little nervous for that one and the ones after it....

I mean, I know the album and first single will have huge sales and the calendar dates for them seem perfect, but

I'm more scared for the singles after that. I guess if she saves the Telephone continuation for the 2nd or 3rd then that could really help.

Don't forget- if the video is released the same day as the single that could have positive implications as well. 

Who confirmed that piece of information?

I agree. What do you think about the second single though? I'm a little nervous for that one and the ones after it....

I mean, I know the album and first single will have huge sales and the calendar dates for them seem perfect, but

I'm more scared for the singles after that. I guess if she saves the Telephone continuation for the 2nd or 3rd then that could really help.

The second single will be really tricky... It should be impacting around Christmas time, which is BAD. Songs can struggle to get good airplay because of all the Christmas songs being added (i.e. look at Marry The Night and You Da One). Hopefully the song smashes hard enough that it won't be a big deal.

Who confirmed that piece of information?

He's stating the extra streaming from a music video released on the same day (if that were to happen) would be really beneficial since Billboard has incorporated more streaming into their Hot 100 calculations.

He's stating the extra streaming from a music video released on the same day (if that were to happen) would be really beneficial since Billboard has incorporated more streaming into their Hot 100 calculations.

I read that wrong :smh: thank you :heart:

Arturo

I don't care if the single doesn't debut at #1, as long as it goes #1, giving her a 4th chart topper! :excited2:

I don't care if the single doesn't debut at #1, as long as it goes #1, giving her a 4th chart topper! :excited2:

I seriously could care less either. Let it be #99 the first week and #1 the next

Never heard of this Blurred Lines, brb looking up its chart position and listening to it..

Arturo

I seriously could care less either. Let it be #99 the first week and #1 the next

Imagine the airplay makes it chart at #101 and she still gets a #1 debut

Emvee

Oh yes honey.. when the era is managed correctly yes it can... Some singles can last for a LONGGGG time..

I'm under the impression that only relatively unknown acts can do that. That's why Just Dance and Poker Face had longevity and the BTW singles did not. Granted JD and PF were undeniable bops, but you get my point. Their peaks are sooner because word spreads fast and buzz dies faster.

Show me an established high profile artist whose single has lasted more than 4 months.

Arturo

Never heard of this Blurred Lines, brb looking up its chart position and listening to it..

#1 for who knows how many weeks now

MonsterOfSpain

I'm under the impression that only relatively unknown acts can do that. That's why Just Dance and Poker Face had longevity and the BTW singles did not. Granted JD and PF were undeniable bops, but you get my point. Their peaks are sooner because word spreads fast and buzz dies faster.

Show me an established high profile artist whose single has lasted more than 4 months.

4 months is such a long time, dont forget that's 16 weeks

Archived