💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Interscope was VERY smart with the ARTPOP release dates

Klou

Featured Posts

Interscope could not have chosen better release dates this time around :clap: The single is being released on a Monday, which almost guarantees Gaga will have another #1 on her hands. That means she will have an entire 7 days worth of sales this time, but only if she's patient this time and doesn't release it on a Friday again! Those Friday releases are killer...

One thing to note is the lead single will likely not debut at #1 if Interscope has a radio deal starting that same day (8/19). Since Billboard counts radio airplay from Wednesday through Tuesday, so the high airplay gained on 08/19 & 08/20 could result in the song charting on that same Thursday (08/22) due to the airplay alone. This is what happened with Taylor Swift's We Are Never Getting Back Together. The good thing about this, though, is she is likely guaranteed a #1 spot the following week once all sales are accounted for (Billboard counts digital sales from Monday through Sunday). I wouldn't be surprised if we see some record breaking numbers from the lead single's sales that week!

The VMA's are the following Sunday, so that means the digital sales boost from a performance will further her stay at #1, so it's safe to say she will be #1 for two weeks at least. The ONLY thing to worry about is Blurred Lines. That song is already one of the most successful songs in history and will be #1 for many weeks, but it should die down enough by 08/19 for Gaga to surpass it (hopefully).

The album release date is perfect. Holiday releases see a sales boost, so a November release date basically guarantees high sales from the debut week through the end of the year. I would not say that a 1 million debut is out of the question WITHOUT any discounts. It is still yet to be determined, but the fact is she WILL see a sales boost strictly on the album release date timing. And it was also smart of Interscope to not release it on Black Friday week since most other artists scramble to release albums that week. She would likely still debut at #1 if released that week, but see a bit less sales due to people buying other albums instead.

GREAT JOB GAGA & INTERSCOPE!!! ARTPOP IS ALREADY A GUARANTEED SUCCESS!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WarriorPrince

I don't want to get my expectations too high. But it does seem like she will slay again.  :worship:

Born Brave

Don't forget- if the video is released the same day as the single that could have positive implications as well. 

Married the Night

Well, I'd say 3 weeks since the music video will be out the week after the VMA's.

Dangerous Man

Oh, so it seems that she's not really debuting #1 on its first week again. :noparty:

But anyway as long as the era will perform great, I don't mind about that. :awesome:

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

Blurred Lines will equal 0 once ARTPOP is released tbh. and YES, Interscope & Gaga know the **** :cry:

crybrowz

I was hoping for Pre-Grammy deadlines release but this is still great!

The ARTPOP era has begun :omgexcited:

Pure Adrenaline

when it's Black Friday and what's about it?

on other note this time around they as Gaga want trylu slayage and I'm sure it will deliver I'm hoping that the 1st single will have longevity for around 4 months, I'm not here *again* for ruch releases nor promo single uck we had them in the BTW era in the ARTPOP era she should stuck just with the lead single till the album drops she could easily release the video around the end of Sep so it could get more boost and then releases the 2nd single on 1st Jan 2014 so that all the sale are from one year and the single could have bigger chance for hitting the top in the 2014 (of course if it's some really good song ala PF 2nd single)....  :ARTPOP:

It's much more fun to have hizophrenia... u never get lonely

HOTRODSGAGA

Don't forget- if the video is released the same day as the single that could have positive implications as well. 

Positive on the short term, negative on the long term. 

video= longevity. if she can reach #1 without a video, keep it till she really needs it. 

Creyk

when it's Black Friday and what's about it?

on other note this time around they as Gaga want trylu slayage and I'm sure it will deliver I'm hoping that the 1st single will have longevity for around 4 months, I'm not here *again* for ruch releases nor promo single uck we had them in the BTW era in the ARTPOP era

Can a song even last that long? :eek:

Archived