• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ChicaSkas

• Paper Planes

• AgusPop

• dirtypunx

dirtypunx

Guys this is a normal process. Stop saying dumb stuff.

No fame is black lol. That rev l fleurs is clearly brown, so I don't know what ur talking about.

No, Black Afgano is black. Fame is black but when put under light is a faint dark purple/gray color.

Edited by dirtypunx

Flippy

I saw FAME (& bought it... again) at one of my local stores called Marshall's. It was $20

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22

dirtypunx

Ok, this is a mess  :huh:

So, is not the End of Fame. Some stores still sell it and others do not. 

I think this topic must be closed. 

Has anyone asked Haus Laboratories:wtf:

This does not have specific information and some people are making stupid conjectures

They're not selling it at Macy's anymore (Nordstroms only carried it in store during the holidays anyway idk why its even being included here) but its not as big of a deal as some people are making it out to be because very few celebrity fragrances make themselves a permanent residency in Macy's. Fame was always going to trickle down to lower budget chains because it is a celebrity fragrance. Thats what happens with celebrity fragrances. Whats kind of a bummer is that its left Macy's for good only within a year of it being there but at the end of the day its literally available at like every other store that sells perfume. She gets more exposure, more people can buy the perfume, win/win, etc etc. Most people are forgetting that even though its Gaga its still very much a celebuscent. Theres seriously no shame in it being sold in Kohl's and **** lol And to add to this, even if it were to have stayed at Macy's it STILL would've trickled down to Sears and Marshall's even while it was at Macy's. Just like all the other celebuscents.

Edited by dirtypunx

I spent 2 hours today in Portland looking for Fame. Sephora store rep said that the chain has discontinued selling it in their stores. I can't confirm this is nationwide for Sephora. I ended up finding it at a small perfurme stored called Perfumania about 25 minutes outside of town. When I asked them if they knew why Nordstrom and Macy's had discontinued selling Fame, they said both company's are moving to sell only non-American fragrances to position themselves to stand out in the market as selling more "exotic" (aka "foreign) fragrances. 

Seems like an odd strategy. Anyone heard anything like this?

RAMROD

I spent 2 hours today in Portland looking for Fame. Sephora store rep said that the chain has discontinued selling it in their stores. I can't confirm this is nationwide for Sephora. I ended up finding it at a small perfurme stored called Perfumania about 25 minutes outside of town. When I asked them if they knew why Nordstrom and Macy's had discontinued selling Fame, they said both company's are moving to sell only non-American fragrances to position themselves to stand out in the market as selling more "exotic" (aka "foreign) fragrances. 

Wow, that is very informative. Thanks.

It is sad though if MACY's do that move.

They need support local products as much they did to 'exotic" ones!

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

HausOfJerry

I NEVER WANT TO SEE IT AT WALMART.

PLEASE NO. 

oregon ? :party: or Maine? ? 

Edited by HausOfJerry

AgusPop

They're not selling it at Macy's anymore (Nordstroms only carried it in store during the holidays anyway idk why its even being included here) but its not as big of a deal as some people are making it out to be because very few celebrity fragrances make themselves a permanent residency in Macy's. Fame was always going to trickle down to lower budget chains because it is a celebrity fragrance. Thats what happens with celebrity fragrances. Whats kind of a bummer is that its left Macy's for good only within a year of it being there but at the end of the day its literally available at like every other store that sells perfume. She gets more exposure, more people can buy the perfume, win/win, etc etc. Most people are forgetting that even though its Gaga its still very much a celebuscent. Theres seriously no shame in it being sold in Kohl's and **** lol And to add to this, even if it were to have stayed at Macy's it STILL would've trickled down to Sears and Marshall's even while it was at Macy's. Just like all the other celebuscents.

Yes, I agree with you!

hausofchad

I went to my local Macy's yesterday and they had one gift set left and that was all (for $59). I asked them if she knew if it was discontinued and she said that she wasn't sure but she would assume so because that was the last in stock and no shipments are coming. I asked if I could have the display but she said that they send it back to the vendor (does anyone have any ideas on how I could get this?!).  I looked at Sears and they weren't carrying it as well as TJ Maxx, Marshall's, and Ross. However I did see it at Kohl's..however it was full price... Sephora still had it!  I'm not upset that it's been taken off Macy's shelves.  I really like the idea of it being available to the masses.  And if you don't want to buy it from a discount store, check Sephora.  They emailed me saying that it was not being discontinued at this point in time!

And in other news, Rihanna's fragrances were thrown into a clearance bin... DAY = MADE!

jhonyguy04

No, Black Afgano is black. Fame is black but when put under light is a faint dark purple/gray color.

nope, not to me. sorry, it's brown. 

imafall3nstar

Last night, I saw a 1.7oz bottle in TJMaxxx for $20 here in Indiana. 

I got a 3.4oz bottle off of Amazon for about $32. My other small bottle almost lasted me a year. I'll horde buy it once we get an official announcement from Coty that it's being discontinued. 

dirtypunx

nope, not to me. sorry, it's brown. 

Do you own it? I don't think that you do....a photo you looked up on google is hardly that accurate and its color is not a matter of opinion. Its black, its called BLACK Afgano. It is a fact. Fame is also black, however its a pale dark purple or sometimes grey when held up to the light. So Fame is not the first black fragrance, get over it.

Edited by dirtypunx

dirtypunx

I could debunk that Sephora thing, the'yre not discontinuing it nationwide. Theres a Sephora in my store.

I went to my local Macy's yesterday and they had one gift set left and that was all (for $59). I asked them if she knew if it was discontinued and she said that she wasn't sure but she would assume so because that was the last in stock and no shipments are coming. I asked if I could have the display but she said that they send it back to the vendor (does anyone have any ideas on how I could get this?!).  I looked at Sears and they weren't carrying it as well as TJ Maxx, Marshall's, and Ross. However I did see it at Kohl's..however it was full price... Sephora still had it!  I'm not upset that it's been taken off Macy's shelves.  I really like the idea of it being available to the masses.  And if you don't want to buy it from a discount store, check Sephora.  They emailed me saying that it was not being discontinued at this point in time!

And in other news, Rihanna's fragrances were thrown into a clearance bin... DAY = MADE!

If its not available at your local Sears or TJ Maxx yet it will be shortly.

I NEVER WANT TO SEE IT AT WALMART.

PLEASE NO. 

You were going to see it at Walmart whether or not it would've been discontinued at Macy's anyway. Do some of you not realize this? lol ITS A CELEBRITY FRAGRANCE. omg. its only going to be considered an embarassment because all these gaga fans act so snobbish about everything she does. you all swear like its of niche brand stature or something lol why cant you all just be happy that she even has a fragrance and that its being sold everywhere.

Edited by dirtypunx

hausofchad

You were going to see it at Walmart whether or not it would've been discontinued at Macy's anyway. Do some of you not realize this? lol ITS A CELEBRITY FRAGRANCE. omg. its only going to be considered an embarrassment because all these gaga fans act so snobbish about everything she does. you all swear like its of niche brand stature or something lol why cant you all just be happy that she even has a fragrance and that its being sold everywhere.

Yeah I figured that it would be showing up. Is it bad that I didn't know that Walmart sold perfume? It better not end up at Target those homophobic a-holes. But yeah, I don't know why people made her fragrance to be SO much more than any other celebrity. Yes, it was amazing and most likely more expensive (don't quote me on that), but nothing stays around. Let's just have our fingers crossed that Haus Laboratories creates a new one for this holiday season. "When POP sprays perfume on ART"!

MJ Holland

ARTFUME get ready for ARTFUME 2014  the first ever SOON eau de perfume :rip:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

• Shadow locked this topic