💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Any Chance That Gaga Can Still Top Her Sales Peak?

Dangerous Man

84 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Gaga can still outsell her previous work sales peak? (e.g Poker Face sales, The Fame sales)

• Why not? Heck YES!
    • Doubt it.
    • Are you kidding me? NO!
    • No one care about charts and sales! smh

Featured Posts

Dangerous Man

TF has sold approx. 4.5 Million copies in the US and 15M WW while PF is near 7M copies sold in the US.

Any chance she can outsell those on her next records? 

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ThisGuyTony

Not as big as The Fame but around/more than Born This Way.

Redstreak

Yes. I just find it hard to believe that she could have already met her peak so early in her career.

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

Not as big as The Fame but around/more than Born This Way.

This :nails: Unless we get something as big, revolutionary and commercially attractive as TF/M :yes: Which I think/hope we will, so you never know :shrug:

Gaga is Life

Hopefully. I'm not expecting her to, but it would be amazing if it happened, if she returned to how she was seen and bought in 2008/09.

Possibly, but doubt it. She has found her niche (a big niche for sure) and the only wa to top that is to get non fans on board with her music. Lets hope hat if she does that it won't mean she'd release some crap the general public laps up.

bumblebee

TF has sold approx. 4.5 Million copies in the US and 15M WW 

Please do not forget that The Fame didn't sell 4,5 Milion copies in the US alone, it was the The Fame + The Fame Monster album which was counted as The Fame. So basically you should add the 1,5 Million copies of The Fame Monster EP to those 4,5 M and split it into two, to figure out pure sales of The Fame.

So for ARTPOP it will be amazing to top 3,000,000 - 3,500,000 copies in the USA, which I see as realistic. 

Same goes to the worldwide sales. Among those 15 Million copies sold there were soooo many albums which featured both The Fame and The Fame Monster, that it's hard to say how many copies The Fame sold worldwide apart from the double disc edition. 

As a fan, I'm obviously hoping she would. But realistically-speaking, I seriously doubt she could actually outsell those incredibly high record sales, particularly the ones in the United States, which is still the world's largest music market. And it's generally because it's highly challenging for an artist to top the sales of the records which made them famous in the first place as people tend to buy music which is something new to them, something "fresh" in their ears, if I may say. It's not solely limited to Gaga per se, but other huge music superstars have also experienced the same fate. 

For instance in album sales, Britney Spears's debut album still remains as her best-selling album even after a decade in the industry, both in the U.S. and worldwide. Rihanna's 2007 album, Good Girl Gone Bad, the album responsible for pushing her into worldwide fame, still remains as her best-selling album, both in the U.S. and worldwide - despite having back-to-back #1 hits from her 5th album, Loud, in 2010-2011. Same goes for the likes of Eminem, Beyonce, and Justin Timberlake. I could safely say that even Adele would most likely experience this kind of trend... eventually. 

But on the other hand, I've to admit that singles sales are relatively more difficult to predict. Both Adele and Katy Perry enjoyed their most successful singles from their sophomore major studio albums - partly because their debut studio efforts weren't hugely successful, if we compare it to blockbuster debuts from the likes of Britney Spears, Beyonce, and Gaga herself. Indirectly, it was easier for the likes of Katy and Adele to outsell their previous singles because the record sales themselves aren't that huge to begin with. 

And that's exactly the drawback I'm seeing with an artist like Gaga. She started so immensely successful that to see another something from her as immensely successful as before would only look like a mere far-fetched ambition. But who knows? With the right timing and promotion, she could pull a We Belong Together moment just like Mariah Carey did in the 2000s. Everyone loves a surprise, don't we? 

MrFameKills

She obviously can, but we can't tell if she will. :smh:

wish ya good fortune in tha wars 2 come

uo111

In order to do that she needs to have a sound as unique and appealing as Just Dance, Pokerface, and/or Bad Romance.

She was so massively successful because she perfected and put out a sound that no one else was doing.

If she did that again, then she would rock the world again. We'll see.

Archived