Reject False Icons 4,992 Posted September 5 Share Posted September 5 So happy I could die and heavy metal lover specially in its bridge are so incredibly good that a lot of people included me have replayed them a lot these recent years they have this obscure, glamorous but tragic feeling passing in slow motion I can’t hear in her other songs, crystal castles and similar bands get close to it, they had a peak of popularity in recent years, do you wish Gaga had done more songs in this style 5 3 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ladle Ghoulash 55,373 Posted September 5 Share Posted September 5 6 minutes ago, Reject False Icons said: crystal castles I would’ve loved for her to have collabed with CC back in the day. Those first 2 albums in particular are such classics We have forgotten our public MANNERS 3 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
NUTELLA 31,087 Posted September 5 Share Posted September 5 (edited) The second half of Heavy Metal Lover is one of her crowning achievements. One of these days… I am going to post an essay in defense of HML’s hidden depth… with prose so purple, it will lead droves of members to delete their accounts in annoyance lmao In the meantime, enjoy every detail of the slowed-down second half... I'll ignore *the almighty lyric* & focus only on the bridge rn........... The electric guitar being rapidly fiddled like a cl!t underneath the vocoder vocals, slithering through the folds of your brain ....before it all falls away & you go into a temporary trance, accompanied by nothing but her cooing voice.... & then it all slams back into gear for a big finish Edited September 5 by NUTELLA 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
HotLikeMexico 6,748 Posted September 5 Share Posted September 5 10 minutes ago, Ladle Ghoulash said: I would’ve loved for her to have collabed with CC back in the day. Those first 2 albums in particular are such classics I was such a huge fan of them (this is before all the scandals). I saw them live and they SUCKED 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ladle Ghoulash 55,373 Posted September 5 Share Posted September 5 Just now, HotLikeMexico said: I was such a huge fan of them (this is before all the scandals). I saw them live and they SUCKED We have forgotten our public MANNERS Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
KNJ 4,325 Posted September 6 Share Posted September 6 I have a soft spot for Sinner's Prayer. Maybe bc I immediately had an MV idea for it "I'm just gonna shake my lettuce" Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ziggy 14,335 Posted September 6 Share Posted September 6 2 hours ago, NUTELLA said: The second half of Heavy Metal Lover is one of her crowning achievements. One of these days… I am going to post an essay in defense of HML’s hidden depth… with prose so purple, it will lead droves of members to delete their accounts in annoyance lmao In the meantime, enjoy every detail of the slowed-down second half... I'll ignore *the almighty lyric* & focus only on the bridge rn........... The electric guitar being rapidly fiddled like a cl!t underneath the vocoder vocals, slithering through the folds of your brain ....before it all falls away & you go into a temporary trance, accompanied by nothing but her cooing voice.... & then it all slams back into gear for a big finish Ok but I won’t ignore that lyric bc it’s so good and just encapsulates so much of where she was at that time. It wasn’t necessarily hyperbole either, which is what makes it hit. She’s sadly saying I’m willing to and could be your girl despite whatever baggage you have (bad romance) but even if I was would you love me if I had everything and ran the world? It’s also a paradigm that shows up persistently throughout her career. Ugh. So beautifully pop 2 3 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
bxr 3,147 Posted September 6 Share Posted September 6 That sort of reminds me of a Disco Heaven (vocals) x Gimme More (instrumental) mash-up from back in the day, it had that odd sort of nocturnal kaleidoscopic elastic endeavoring melancholy … ARTPOP sort of has that ambient lingering perpetual liminal diaphanous eternal wanderlust soundfeel in its own way as well 1 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Reject False Icons 4,992 Posted September 6 Author Share Posted September 6 3 hours ago, NUTELLA said: The second half of Heavy Metal Lover is one of her crowning achievements. One of these days… I am going to post an essay in defense of HML’s hidden depth… with prose so purple, it will lead droves of members to delete their accounts in annoyance lmao In the meantime, enjoy every detail of the slowed-down second half... I'll ignore *the almighty lyric* & focus only on the bridge rn........... The electric guitar being rapidly fiddled like a cl!t underneath the vocoder vocals, slithering through the folds of your brain ....before it all falls away & you go into a temporary trance, accompanied by nothing but her cooing voice.... & then it all slams back into gear for a big finish Please do I could never get enough of people’s analysis of these masterpieces 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Reject False Icons 4,992 Posted September 6 Author Share Posted September 6 Also some of the Coachella 2017 backdrops fit so well the song’s other world ambience 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cherry Blues 619 Posted September 6 Share Posted September 6 Both songs really have things in common, it's mainly the tempo and their hypnotic-calm electronic atmosphere. So Happy I Could Die sounds more lasciviously-bright and Heavy Metal Lover more lasciviously-dangerous. But there is totally a link between them, two electronic mid-tempo classics - like twins with own characters. Lovers kiss in a garden made of thorns, traces of lonely words... 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lord Mayhem 3,706 Posted September 6 Share Posted September 6 So Happy I Could Die immediately comes to mind...its like when the edible hits Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Featured Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.