💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

US Charts Discussion - Track "Applause" here!

Americano

Featured Posts

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dangerous Man

• Klou

• AURA

• Arturo

Top Posters In This Topic

APPLAUSE4YOU

I've also added you as a friend here in GGD. :hug:

PMed you already.  ;)

Can I get that link too?

If P!nk would have released her album 5-10 months earlier, it would have totally flop IMO. The timing was perfect with the slow of dance music.

Mariano

If P!nk would have released her album 5-10 months earlier, it would have totally flop IMO. The timing was perfect with the slow of dance music.

Kinda agree but her lead single was dance tho.. Blow me ... and It didn't perform really well .. I mean It hit number 1 on pop but still 2M for a lead single ...  Try longevity and  JGMAR really helped her ...

Americano

Now that I really think of it, I havent heard Taylor on the radio in forever or heard ABOUT her

I keep forgetting she even has an album out right now

Dangerous Man

Can I get that link too?

I've added you in the conversation with The Night.  :)

But I def. get those from UKmix. You guys can check the site.

Edited by Jude Gabriel
"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

I don't particularly like P!nk but her power in this past era has been astounding to watch. Who would have thought 10 years ago that she'd be pumping out even more hits than yesterday.

APPLAUSE4YOU

Kinda agree but her lead single was dance tho.. Blow me ... and It didn't perform really well .. I mean It hit number 1 on pop but still 2M for a lead single ...  Try longevity and  JGMAR really helped her ...

Hitting number 1 on pop is clearly something that happens when a single is performing well enough. I'm sorry but just because it didn't do crazy in sales doesn't mean it wasn't successful. The lead single was what she needed to at least get her name out there again. I don't see how it didn't perform well at all.

Mariano

Hitting number 1 on pop is clearly something that happens when a single is performing well enough. I'm sorry but just because it didn't do crazy in sales doesn't mean it wasn't successful. The lead single was what she needed to at least get her name out there again. I don't see how it didn't perform well at all.

Well I think just the opposite :) Just because a song hit number 1 doesn't mean It was extremely successful :} Chart positions doesn't mean **** when there are cases like We Found Love - 10 weeks at number 1 - 5,018,461 copies sold, Bad Romance 7 weeks at number 2 - 5.35 million copies sold :) 

I don't think 2M for a lead single by P!nk is successful .. more like underperforming especially compared to her previous lead single '-' And Blow me was also performed at the VMAs

Edited by m1ro0o

APPLAUSE4YOU

Well I think just the opposite :) Just because a song hit number 1 doesn't mean It was extremely successful :} Chart positions doesn't mean **** when there are cases like We Found Love - 10 weeks at number 1 - 5,018,461 copies sold, Bad Romance 7 weeks at number 2 - 5.35 million copies sold :) 

I don't think 2M for a lead single by P!nk is successful .. more like underperforming especially compared to her previous lead single '-' And Blow me was also performed at the VMAs

I get were you're coming from but just because the lead wasn't MASSIVE doesn't mean it underperformed. Like I said previously, it performed JUST well enough to get her name back out there. She knew what she was doing and her era has been pretty great ever since.

Pure Adrenaline

People voting for "artist with the best era" for their faves I see  :teehee:  ... but if we have to get realistic Pink by far is the strongest all the others eras became messy after the 2nd single (and I'm counting IKYWT as 2nd single because BA was only the country single) and Bruno stopped promoting after some close died or whatever happend idk but was the only to pull 3rd single and made it such a success WITHOUT any major promo + her single are moving her album too WW is going extremely well not like some other artists that have constant radio support but lack in sales WW and in the US  :fan:  . So as far let's hope that her 4th single would at least go top 20 so she can then pull HCTW or SLY and slay for last time before closing the era.  :whitney:

Edited by MONSTER4eveR
It's much more fun to have hizophrenia... u never get lonely

Mariano

I get were you're coming from but just because the lead wasn't MASSIVE doesn't mean it underperformed. Like I said previously, it performed JUST well enough to get her name back out there. She knew what she was doing and her era has been pretty great ever since.

Her era is Indeed great but that was mainly because of JGMAR ... JGMAR pushed so many album copies + It's one of her biggest hits.. and I remember during Blow Me chart run everyone was like "this is underperforming"and etc.. If It wasn't because of JGMAR  her era wouldn't have been looked like a really successful era and the album wouldn't have shifted so many albums ... 

And also as much as I dislike Taylor .. RED  > TTAL in the USA.. (3M lead single, 4M+ 2nd single, platinum 3rd single + 3.5 or so million albums in the USA... ) WW P!nk is doing slightly better and that's because she is Global ..

Edited by m1ro0o

nick4bty

Yeah, P!nk is extremely lucky that JGMAR hit. But, I mean, it wasn't exactly luck - it seems like the song was made to be a single from the get-go, and coming in at the tail end of the "ballad era" really helped. Also, the longevity of Try is amazing. Never really went higher than #10 on iTunes, but stayed in there for what, 3 months? And it went on to sell over 2 million copies. Blow Me also did well. And her album outsold (and is still outselling) all of her contemporaries. 

There's no doubt she's the winner for best era.

Meanwhile, what happened on Kworb??? Why such strong negative updates - did Blurred Lines really increase by that much in that last couple of hours?  :pukey:

And if The Way continues its fast decline on pop radio, Crazy Kids has a chance at going Top 20. lol.

:lmao: I told y'all Ciara can't do 100k

Well, on the bright side, she'll be debuting in the top ten (rather than outside the top forty), and those numbers are almost double what she pulled with her last album... during the holiday shopping season.

After Basic Instinct, anything is a success for her, really.

Edited by Cherry