Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Emma's Gallery (CLOSED)

Emma

Featured Posts

*Alright guys, so here's the tutorial. As previously stated, today we are making this:

*twisted2_zps45c08de3.png

*What you'll need: Stairs, Window, Piano, Black and White Texture, Blood Stains

*ONE. For the first step, all you need to do is make a 500x200 canvas and place the stairs. This is the "majority" of the base, if you will.

*TWO. Now, place your model and cut him or her. I took a random female model that I had in one of my packs and placed her.

*THREE. Now, take the window so that it's slightly covering the right side of your model, and set it to Screen.

*FOUR. This step doesn't make much difference in the long run, but I took the piano stock, resized it so it's a little over 200 pixels tall, and then proceeded to blend it on the left side. Make sure the hair of your model isn't being covered up by this stock and you're good!

*FIVE. Now to make things a little more interesting, I simply took a random photo of Orlando Bloom, resized him, and cut him out over the window. Simple enough, right?

*SIX. I then took the black and white texture, placed it on my canvas, and flipped it 90 Degrees Counter-Clockwise by going to Edit > Transform > Rotate 90 CW. I then set it to Screen. There's probably a lot of stuff covering up your models because of this texture, so erase what you like. I also rotated it slightly.

*SEVEN. Now, take the blood stains, resize them so they're fairly small, and place them on top of the window stock. Then, set this layer to Multiply. I erased some of the stuff I didn't want so that it blended in better.

*Now that your base is done, all that you have left is the Coloring, which is a very simple one that only consists of THREE layers. No, I'm not joking

*.For our first order of business, make a new color balance layer with the following:

*Midtones: -50/-30/30

*Shadows: -30/-30/-10

*For this next step, I made a gradient fill. I chose a darker, murkier orange and had it fade into transparency, with a style of Linear. I then set this to Color Burn at 56%.

*The last layer is simply a selective color layer with the following settings:

*Reds: -50/-30/+59/0

*Yellows: -55/20/0/0

*Neutrals: -11/-10/-10/0

*To sharpen, I duplicated by base and dragged it to the top of my layers. I then used a very light amount of Topaz - I can't remember the exact setting - and set the Opacity of it to 23%. If some of it looks overdone to you, take a layer mask and erase what you don't want using a brush with an opacity of about 50%

*As a last step (before the text), I did what I always do - use a high pass layer by going to Filters > Other > High Pass. I set it to Overlay this time as some of the models were a bit grainy, but you can change any settings that you dislike.

*We're in the home stretch now - all that's left is the text. I used BigNoodleTitling for the word "twisted" and Plantgenet Cherokee for "it's messed up", respectively. When you click on the Text Icon in the Tool Area, you should see a small icon kind of off to the top right that has a "T" and a bend to it. Click that, choose the "Flag" option from the drop down menu, and add 15 to the first option.

*And with that, YOU ARE DONE! I sincerely hope it wasn't too confusing. If there's any questions you might have, feel free to ask me!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Emma

• SnowWhite

• LittleDudeNT5

• Star

Yas, a tutorial. Gonna do to it later. Thanks for sharing. You are the best, Em.

Thanks and you're welcome! Can't wait to see your result!

Highway Capricorn

OMG Flawless :elizabeth: Looks simple but it will take me a lot to make it

Edited by Highway Capricorn

HausOfCarlos

WOW, thank u for this amazing tutorial, I'll try it later! Emma, what can I say? you're just the best! your graphics amaze me a lot and I really have no words, they are all flawless, you're amazing! I'm so glad we have amazing graphic artists like you here on Gagadaily! Thank U so much :hug:

PopReaper

You're totally welcome guys! And PopReaper, your result is lovely!

Thank you! :hug:

Fun Fact: The K in KPop stands for "Kate Bush"