Jump to content
opinion

Calvin Harris for LG8?


Blackout19
 Share

Would you like?  

102 members have voted

  1. 1. title.

    • Yasssssss!
      9
    • Maybe just for 2-3 songs...
      17
    • No.
      76


Featured Posts

3 minutes ago, Skyana Rava said:

I would love if she entirely produced and wrote an album.
I don't really like how you're making your points, but I do like the idea of Gaga taking the lead :vegas:

VENUS:bye:

LG8 out Soon
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Skyana Rava said:

I would love if she entirely produced and wrote an album.
I don't really like how you're making your points, but I do like the idea of Gaga taking the lead :vegas:

I‘ve learned very few people like how I make points that they feel they would otherwise like if I expressed them differently … alas … I suppose my communication style is polarizing and unlikeable … maybe misunderstood, but never expressed with malicious intent … such is life … it‘s a pop forum, people can block or browse at leisure … grateful for the people with whom the messages resonate

But/and/so, it would be fun if she released an entirely self-produced and written album

Edited by bxr
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot of people are obviously gonna hate on here because they all hate the actual popular EDM artists which is sad because if Gaga ever did an album with a John Summit/SG Lewis/Fcukers/Rufus Du Sol/Peggy Gou/Calvin Harris/David Guetta type of mainstream EDM artist…you don’t understand that it would work extremely well and be one of the best works.

 

Most people on here are not musicians though and they don’t reasonably get that Gaga doesn’t have a “songwriting problem”. (Her songs are great. ) She has a production/cutting edge sound problem. Which is odd because if there is a pop icon who should have the best access to sound quality/experimentation- it’s Lady ****ing Gaga.
 

Her productions and mixing have not been 10/10 since TFM. 
 

Gonna catch flack but EVEN Born This Way has some grubbly sonic choices and the mixing fell flatter and flatter for me until Chromatica (which is about a 8-9). 
 

Mayhem’s mixing is a 9 on songs like Abracadabra and LoveDrug and an 8 on songs like Garden of Eden l, Zombieboy, and Disease. The rest of the album is 7. Not unlistenable but definitely could be crispier and clearer sounding and the punches could be done better. 
 

If Gaga had someone who could take a song like Garden of Eden and give it a little more of a modern shellac with more punch, it’s a great pop song. But it doesn’t feel nostalgic, it just feels dated in parts. 
 

I wish she would stop caving on some aspects of her art (allowing cough cough Michael and others to write the major parts or contribute too much perspective on the big pop songs) and trust her perspective and penmanship wholeheartedly by herself, and then if she is gonna compromise on something… maybe let a great producer mix for her again. I appreciate her mixing and think she is pretty good. But it’s weird that she gives others so much access to lyrical contributions or conceptual contributions…but not more on the production side. Specifically the last stage which is mixing.
 

I’d love her to consider going deep in the arsenal of modern up and coming electronic producers and selecting a few to work with that can elevate her message in a new way. It doesn’t even have to be straight up electropop- it could be a ****ing grunge synth album or an orchestral cloudy heaven like album or a Spanish guitar album- but I think she needs to get an EDM-head to do the mixing and production because quite frankly they are the best in the game in 2026 at making **** sound otherworldly, higher quality, and iconic. 

Edited by LGAte
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

StrawberryBlond

No way, his music is way too generic and he fell off years ago anyway, he really only remains relevant in the UK. Him and Gaga don't exactly get along either. If Gaga's going to keep making dance music, it should be with someone innovative and much more respected.

6 hours ago, Duella Dvil said:

Absolutely not i cannot, have not and will NEVER stand that man. His music is so dated and if I'm not mistaken he has multiple allegations 

What allegations? I've never heard of any. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Starmie25
2 hours ago, LGAte said:

She has a production/cutting edge sound problem. Which is odd because if there is a pop icon who should have the best access to sound quality/experimentation- it’s Lady ****ing Gaga.

Gaga's sonics, the beauty of her productions is that they contain a bit of "rough around the edges" vibe, particularly the first 3-4 albums. They all have a "grit" and "grease" quality to them. TF-ARTPOP all do feel like they were mixed and mastered in a berlin nightclub or something, but its also what seperates her music from the bunch. :huntyga:

Obviously with Joanne, Chromatica she sort of let the label intervene due to her health. Her label clearly were insisting she "tone it down" and overtime it seems the label realised they meddled too much? @monketsharona

MAYHEM and onwards, she's now got a strong balance again. 

Edited by Starmie25
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Nahhhh he's too..... Calvin Harris. I don't see Gaga's style and his style melting together well 

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

No way, his music is way too generic and he fell off years ago anyway, he really only remains relevant in the UK. Him and Gaga don't exactly get along either. If Gaga's going to keep making dance music, it should be with someone innovative and much more respected.

What allegations? I've never heard of any. 

 

13 hours ago, Duella Dvil said:

Absolutely not i cannot, have not and will NEVER stand that man. His music is so dated and if I'm not mistaken he has multiple allegations 

Maybe what Duella is thinking of is that he put a stop to Rita Ora's career after they broke up, scrapped the album they made together and prevented her from performing any of the songs they made live. He is known to be a vengeful person to those who wrong him but he doesn't have sexual assault allegations

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

They'd clash in the studio as they're both control freaks.

Which, bitch I am too (speaking as an ex music creator).

rosetta stone is rolling in her grave rn 🙏🥀🥀
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I like Calvin Harris and I think some of his new music is great but I don’t know how well his sound would sound with Gaga’s style. 
 

But I can see her working with other edm artists like Rezz, John Summit, Skrillex, Ninajirachi or Justice.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...