onTheBrink 1,852 Posted yesterday at 04:40 PM Share Posted yesterday at 04:40 PM 1 minute ago, ALonelyNight said: If we are civilized we'd realize it's a waste of time and energy Spoiler I'm joking you missed a bit 2 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
PartySick 175,097 Posted yesterday at 04:42 PM Share Posted yesterday at 04:42 PM 1 minute ago, onTheBrink said: YAAAAAS. Honestly come thru, anybody who does that to my daughter is getting DELETED please and thank you Real I'm still just thinking more in general terms though 'cause whatever is done to her is done to every inmate and society has just kind of accepted the flaws and inefficiencies in the penal system which leaves real solutions scarce other than taking the death penalty off the board entirely. Whimsical bitch 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Meruk Holland 2,468 Posted yesterday at 04:45 PM Share Posted yesterday at 04:45 PM 1 minute ago, onTheBrink said: I mean I get where you're coming from. But again, if I was a dad and somebody tortured/raped my little girl, I have an animalistic need for that person to die. It's like my grief. And I think a civilized society should honour that. With hella guardrails of course, but...yeah. If I was that dad, death would feel like the only true justice. If my child were murdered, I wouldn't want their killer to die a painless death by lethal injection. I would want them tortured, torn limb from limb, thrown into a pitch black cell with shrieking and ghastly sounds blasted into the room. I don't want them to have an easy out, I want them to suffer a fate worse than death. I want them begging for release, and I want it to be denied. A civilized society won't allow that. Because grief can be managed through means other than vengeance. A civilized society is more invested preventing these types of atrocities, and managing the aftereffects when they happen. Retribution is satisfying, and vigilantism is necessary in the face of a broken system. But when the system is working, the victims need to find other means to find closure, such as grief counseling and activism. I personally think that's less immediately satisfying, but in the long run, it's healthier for the victims and society as a whole. 6 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
FfFfFfFF 59,044 Posted yesterday at 04:46 PM Share Posted yesterday at 04:46 PM 53 minutes ago, Controversiaga said: JFC ITS BEEN OVER 30 YEARS KILL THE BTCH ALREADY the RECENT childhood sexual abuse story DOES NOT JUSTIFY BECOMING A MURDERER!!!!!! Unfortunately millions of people are sexually abused in their childhood but they do not become CRIMINALS let alone MURDERERS. it is a WASTE OF TAX PAYERS MONEY to keep her alive for NO REASON! She will never contribute to society in any positive way. She is a WASTE OF SPACE! A cruel evil MURDERER! Goodbye Felicia! You said 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Bronco 28,361 Posted yesterday at 04:47 PM Share Posted yesterday at 04:47 PM 19 minutes ago, onTheBrink said: Well, as they should. I support the death penalty but only with extreme guardrails like this. It should be as humane as possible. But if you take the life of my daughter, torture her, rape her etc, there is no justice until what you did to her has been done to you. I honestly don't think I'd feel closure, as a parent, if the punishment was life imprisonment. My child dies and the killer lives, the injustice just carries on and on. The killer lives on in one of the most barbaric and brutal prison estates in the world. A prison estate filled with gang violence, sexual abuse and torture. But here's the other things to consider. Knowing the levels of corruption in the american police system, could you truly trust justice was done? Studies suggest that in the US, for violent crimes, the false conviction rate is potentially as high as 16%. You mention r*pe as a motivation for your attitude here. As an example - a recent high profile case in the UK, saw Andrew Malkinson falsely convicted of r*pe and imprisoned for 17 years. Always protested his innocence. And that conviction was overturned after 17 years in 2023 after DNA evidence conclusively proved he was innocent. That DNA evidence had been known about by the police since 2007. And the prosecution service had known since 2009. The chief inspector of the police force in question had blocked misconduct investigations. The courts refused on multiple occasions to reopen the case, even after the DNA was retested because of another similar case having been overturned, because he never accepted guilt. With the death penalty in place, he could have been potentially executed in that time frame. How would you feel knowing your desire for justice for your daughter in a case like this, had killed an innocent person? Would you be able to find closure, knowing that the criminal was still at large and someone innocent was dead? Here's another hypothetical. The US uses the death penalty for sex crimes, you advocate for the death penalty for sex crimes. Homosexual activity was a sex crime in some US states until 2003. If it had been made a capital offence, do you think the death penalty is still right? And finally, with these things considered, is it right that the state can actively control who lives & dies based on what it decides is the law at the time? The gays know how to party 4 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
onTheBrink 1,852 Posted yesterday at 04:52 PM Share Posted yesterday at 04:52 PM 1 minute ago, Bronco said: The killer lives on in one of the most barbaric and brutal prison estates in the world. A prison estate filled with gang violence, sexual abuse and torture. But here's the other things to consider. Knowing the levels of corruption in the american police system, could you truly trust justice was done? Studies suggest that in the US, for violent crimes, the false conviction rate is potentially as high as 16%. You mention r*pe as a motivation for your attitude here. As an example - a recent high profile case in the UK, saw Andrew Malkinson falsely convicted of r*pe and imprisoned for 17 years. Always protested his innocence. And that conviction was overturned after 17 years in 2023 after DNA evidence conclusively proved he was innocent. That DNA evidence had been known about by the police since 2007. And the prosecution service had known since 2009. The chief inspector of the police force in question had blocked misconduct investigations. The courts refused on multiple occasions to reopen the case, even after the DNA was retested because of another similar case having been overturned, because he never accepted guilt. With the death penalty in place, he could have been potentially executed in that time frame. How would you feel knowing your desire for justice for your daughter in a case like this, had killed an innocent person? Would you be able to find closure, knowing that the criminal was still at large and someone innocent was dead? Here's another hypothetical. The US uses the death penalty for sex crimes, you advocate for the death penalty for sex crimes. Homosexual activity was a sex crime in some US states until 2003. If it had been made a capital offence, do you think the death penalty is still right? And finally, with these things considered, is it right that the state can actively control who lives & dies based on what it decides is the law at the time? I have already died on my hill. Valid points but...I have died on my hill I'm ordering a McDonalds you missed a bit 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Bronco 28,361 Posted yesterday at 04:57 PM Share Posted yesterday at 04:57 PM 5 minutes ago, onTheBrink said: I have already died on my hill. Valid points but...I have died on my hill I'm ordering a McDonalds Get me 20 nuggets and a sprite x The gays know how to party 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
PartySick 175,097 Posted yesterday at 04:57 PM Share Posted yesterday at 04:57 PM 22 minutes ago, onTheBrink said: To me, that means we need work on strengthening the guardrails so we can uphold this ideal of absolute justice. If we are as civilized as we think we are, we'd strive for that. 18 minutes ago, ALonelyNight said: If we are civilized we'd realize it's a waste of time and energy I made a thread Whimsical bitch 1 1 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
PartySick 175,097 Posted yesterday at 05:01 PM Share Posted yesterday at 05:01 PM 13 minutes ago, Meruk Holland said: If my child were murdered, I wouldn't want their killer to die a painless death by lethal injection Apparently it's not painless A study showed that something like half the people who've been executed via lethal injection weren't put to sleep and then killed, they were simply paralyzed and then felt every moment of the second and third drugs that move up their bodies, slowly paralyzing their diaphragms and asphyxiating them before they suffer cardiac arrest. I watched a whole mini-doc on YouTube about it Europe found out the US was using their drugs to kill people so they stopped making it available. The US found alternatives that simply didn't work as surgical strength anesthestics. Wild stuff. Whimsical bitch 1 2 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Meruk Holland 2,468 Posted yesterday at 05:08 PM Share Posted yesterday at 05:08 PM Just now, PartySick said: Apparently it's not painless A study showed that something like half the people who've been executed via lethal injection weren't put to sleep and then killed, they were simply paralyzed and then felt every moment of the second and third drugs that move up their bodies, slowly paralyzing their diaphragms and asphyxiating them before they suffer cardiac arrest. I watched a whole mini-doc on YouTube about it Europe found out the US was using their drugs to kill people so they stopped making it available. The US found alternatives that simply didn't work as surgical strength anesthestics. Wild stuff. Truuuuuue it is actually pretty horrifying an experience. But most people don't know that, and it looks peaceful. If I were the victim's relative, it would be placing a lot of hope that the anesthetics aren't strong enough and that they're suffering. I'd have no way of knowing though. Lethal injection, not even less inhuman, and I don't get to see them suffering. Just bring back the guillotine please Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
PartySick 175,097 Posted yesterday at 05:16 PM Share Posted yesterday at 05:16 PM 2 minutes ago, Meruk Holland said: Truuuuuue it is actually pretty horrifying an experience. But most people don't know that, and it looks peaceful. If I were the victim's relative, it would be placing a lot of hope that the anesthetics aren't strong enough and that they're suffering. I'd have no way of knowing though. Lethal injection, not even less inhuman, and I don't get to see them suffering. Just bring back the guillotine please We really picked lethal injection 'cause it was the most palatable to witness and everything else was considered too bloody or gruesome Though some pharma companies are refusing to sell their drugs to prisons now so firing squads and gas chambers are coming back in some states Whimsical bitch Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Controversiaga 17,336 Posted yesterday at 05:26 PM Share Posted yesterday at 05:26 PM 1 hour ago, River said: That's false, he conspired with Christa and Shadolla to lure Colleen and kill her, they planned everything together to the small details. He was not an unfortunate man that has been manipulated by a devilish woman, he wanted to kill her as well. Idk I still think if Christa never existed- Colleen would still be alive. Christa was the ultimate motivation behind this murder. Otherwise he would’ve had no reason to fck w Colleen. Pronounced like “Balenciaga” . Emphasis on the “Ga” Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
River 129,262 Posted yesterday at 05:33 PM Share Posted yesterday at 05:33 PM 5 minutes ago, Controversiaga said: Idk I still think if Christa never existed- Colleen would still be alive. Christa was the ultimate motivation behind this murder. Otherwise he would’ve had no reason to fck w Colleen. I mean if every murderer never existed every victim would still be alive 🤷♂️ there were 3 masterminds behind this murder. So sploosh your juice all over me you Riverboy Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Controversiaga 17,336 Posted yesterday at 05:34 PM Share Posted yesterday at 05:34 PM Just now, River said: I mean if every murderer never existed every victim would still be alive 🤷♂️ there were 3 masterminds behind this murder. Nah I think Christa was THE influence here. Pronounced like “Balenciaga” . Emphasis on the “Ga” Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
River 129,262 Posted yesterday at 05:56 PM Share Posted yesterday at 05:56 PM 20 minutes ago, Controversiaga said: Nah I think Christa was THE influence here. What u think is irrelevant lol it’s not a Monster series, it’s real life. So sploosh your juice all over me you Riverboy 1 Quote Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Featured Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.