๐Ÿ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT ๐Ÿ’š

Why is everyone obsessing over a stadium tour for ARTPOP?

Rich Kid

Featured Posts

There is something up with Gaga. When she started out, she seemed to be pumped with all this energy. However, I think the last couple of years have drained her somewhat. Remember her rant on the Fuse interview about going to bars and clubs every night or every other night to push her promotion? Even during the Monster Ball tour, she would squeeze in little shows at bars or clubs in between arena shows. However, with the BTWB, this didn't happen as much or little to nothing. Perhaps, people think it would be better for her to play in stadiums, not because it would be the most quality experience because of the size of the venue, but in a two fold way, make her touring schedule easier on her and also try to meet the massive global demand that's she is under, although some areas in the world don't require her to do stadiums. Perhaps, she can mix up stadiums and arenas like she did with BTWB.

I think she pushed herself too far and it cost her damages on her body. By pacing herself, she can keep these injuries from happening again. It's better that we get to enjoy her at some capacity than for her to hurt herself again and find ourselves in these situations where concerts are cancelled and people miss their chance to see her.

๐Ÿ–ค ๐–ค“ โ™ ๏ธŽ

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
elijahfan

I don't see how somebody's not enjoying to play to more than just 15 people? Do you think it's boring to play for 40/50 k people per night? Hm...

Have you ever attended a stadium concert? Wherever you are in the bleachers, you are veeeeery far away from the stage, and I feel like Gaga enjoys more proximity with her audience. Whenever she was in a stadium, it felt like she performed only for the Monster Pit, 'cause the rest of the audience was kind of out of reach.

Stadiums are goods for figures, but awful when it comes to the show experience in itself. There's no wondering why the North American leg of the tour was in arenas only.

first off....no one really knows a lot of info about ARTPOP, so how are earth are they saying it will be a short stadium tour?!?!

really, wait until real news comes in, and I would rather her play arenas, they're just perfect for her show.

People are "obsessing" because they don't want her to overdo it again and cause harm to her body because of the heavy schedule she had during the Born This Way Ball and therefore by doing stadiums more people will get to see it and she will have less dates.

marrytheARTPOP

She'll play stadiums in Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore, Bangkok, Seoul, Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, London, Paris for sure. I also reckon she'd manage stadiums in other European cities as well.

I've seen Gaga in an arena twice now, I want to see her in a stadium thanks.

StrawberryBlond

50% of the reason is because they want her to be the best, pull in the most money, beat Madonna's highest grossing tour, have the highest grossing tour of the year and one of the highest grossing (if not the highest grossing) tour of all time. And the other 50% of the reason is that more stadiums will mean a shorter, less taxing tour which will be easier on her body after her injury.

I think a stadium tour would be an amazing opportunity for Gaga and would prove to the world that she's one of the greats. However, it's clear that she's not ready for a 100% stadium tour. At this stage, she's still got to do a good mixture of arenas and stadiums. Even Madonna has never done a 100% stadium tour and almost all her US dates are at arenas. The only artists I can think of who've done a 100% stadium tour is U2 and that was when they were 20 years into their career. No one can carry off a tour like that at Gaga's stage of the game. I don't see a problem with her doing stadiums in the areas with the highest demand and doing one or two arenas for all the places in between. In Asia, Oceania and Africa, she can do 100% stadium gigs, even if there's not many. I found stadiums in these areas that would have contained the same amount of people she performed her over the course of 3/4 arena dates (and if ARTPOP is even more successful than BTW and gets the public back on her side, she might be able to perform at even more venues/bigger stadiums in these areas). She can do all stadiums in the UK, maybe one huge and one small stadium in France, one stadium in Germany, one small stadium in Russia and so on. In Latin America, it would be best to have just one stadium gig in the major countries and just see if there's any demand for a second and go for smaller stadiums. In the US, she can do stadiums in all the major states where she's most popular - New York, California, Texas, Florida, Pennsylvania. They don't need to be the biggest stadiums on offer, just reasonable sized ones and the other states can have arenas. She can do arenas everywhere else and add in more dates if one arena/stadium isn't enough. Simple.

hell0samuel

its because the media and us ourselves as a fanbase compare her to artists like madonna and the legends. we are almost putting too much pressure on her too early, she is having to go through some sort of re-brand atm because the public was bored with the whole crazy-look thing. give her space to grow and if she wants to do arenas, who cares? its her choice? id prefer her to do whatever she feels comfortable doing.

yes sure stadiums look great in pictures and for numbers but as people have said. Gaga likes to talk to her audience, and have an intimate chat with them, which is hard to do in a 50k stadium.

aaronyoji

Have you ever attended a stadium concert? Wherever you are in the bleachers, you are veeeeery far away from the stage, and I feel like Gaga enjoys more proximity with her audience. Whenever she was in a stadium, it felt like she performed only for the Monster Pit, 'cause the rest of the audience was kind of out of reach.

Stadiums are goods for figures, but awful when it comes to the show experience in itself. There's no wondering why the North American leg of the tour was in arenas only.

hence, why so many people are getting into a tissy about an all stadium ARTPOP tour; their main concern is vapid stanning sales figures to shove in madonna stan's faces, as opposed to a better concert experience, which is where gaga reigns.

Ok, so in the past week or so, there have been loads of threads about the ARTPOP Ball and whether it will be a short tour because of Gaga's injuries. Loaaaaaads of people have been saying that it should be a short, stadium tour.

I love Gaga, but the truth is, she does not yet have the demand for a stadium tour. She can play stadiums in specific cities, such as London, Tokyo, Paris, Hong Kong, Sydney, Melbourne etc etc but I'm pretty sure she would not be able to go on a stadium tour, sell it out and makes big money in places such as continental Europe (Spain, Portugal, Austria etc) and North America (she struggled to sell out shows there on the BTWB like it or not). The last thing we want is another LA Leg fiasco where tickets are sold cheap and in offers.

Only really established and legendary artists can play full stadium tours, such as U2, The Police, Madonna etc, and Gaga is only 4/5 years into her career, she has so many more opportunities to go on a stadium tour and make huge money.

I don't understand why everyone wants her to go on a stadium tour though to be honest, arenas are so much better suited for pop concerts like Gaga, even though songs like The Edge of Glory sound i n c r e d i b l e in stadiums (I was at Twickenham) but arenas have better acoustics, better seating and you don't have the big box thing around the stage which can cut off peoples view.

So yeah, Gaga has so much more time left, why take too bigger steps and risk losing money when she can make plenty on a good arena tour (take Tokyo for example!), the BTWB made $180 million through mainly arenas and a few stadiums and that was a short tour for Gaga, just think of the numbers she could make if she want on a 200 date tour like TMB :flutter:

You know what would be cool? If she did her arena's but then for hardcore monsters, she went to like First Ave again in saint paul, and hung out and just felt the music. I'd rather do smaller venues... But I can see the concern with people being left out from the cancelled btwball dates, that they will for SURE have to see ARTPOPball. Who knows how this will pan out in ticket sales in the places she couldnt perform in this round. She may be able to fill a stadium now with the BTWball being so abruptly finished, but I for one completely missed out when she was in smaller places. I wish I had a friggin' time machine!!!... but thats besides the point. Smaller venues FTW, but I think she'll be able to pull off a few stadiums in North America since the BTWball ended. Not saying she should move around or even has too if she's not feeling up to it, but Im sure she'll be able to sell seats now more so than prior. I dont know if anything Im typing makes any sense at all... Oh well.

BadHeavyMetalQueen

But we haven't even got the name of the lead single yet. . . :eww:

I agree! We haven't even seen the Cover Photo!!! Now I just got all excited...

gagaforprog

qu

Ok, so in the past week or so, there have been loads of threads about the ARTPOP Ball and whether it will be a short tour because of Gaga's injuries. Loaaaaaads of people have been saying that it should be a short, stadium tour.

I love Gaga, but the truth is, she does not yet have the demand for a stadium tour. She can play stadiums in specific cities, such as London, Tokyo, Paris, Hong Kong, Sydney, Melbourne etc etc but I'm pretty sure she would not be able to go on a stadium tour, sell it out and makes big money in places such as continental Europe (Spain, Portugal, Austria etc) and North America (she struggled to sell out shows there on the BTWB like it or not). The last thing we want is another LA Leg fiasco where tickets are sold cheap and in offers.

Only really established and legendary artists can play full stadium tours, such as U2, The Police, Madonna etc, and Gaga is only 4/5 years into her career, she has so many more opportunities to go on a stadium tour and make huge money.

I don't understand why everyone wants her to go on a stadium tour though to be honest, arenas are so much better suited for pop concerts like Gaga, even though songs like The Edge of Glory sound i n c r e d i b l e in stadiums (I was at Twickenham) but arenas have better acoustics, better seating and you don't have the big box thing around the stage which can cut off peoples view.

So yeah, Gaga has so much more time left, why take too bigger steps and risk losing money when she can make plenty on a good arena tour (take Tokyo for example!), the BTWB made $180 million through mainly arenas and a few stadiums and that was a short tour for Gaga, just think of the numbers she could make if she want on a 200 date tour like TMB :flutter:

Acoustics in arenas can be awful. Due to sound reflections from surfaces akin to an aircraft hanger. Stadia are usually open spaces without those problems - but of course require powerful PA systems. Sound quality from my seat in the Aviva in Dublin was superb. I have been to the SECC in Glasgow and had awful sound. And the atmosphere in Dublin during numbers like TEOG was amazing!!!!

HeavyGagaLove

Considering that it will probably need to be a shorter tour, as Gaga's touring stamina has been reduced, for it to make logistical and economic sense, she would need to perform larger venues. After all, Gaga is a businesswoman. A smaller, arena tour would be a total step backwards. She would be able to manage stadium dates in many Asian cities, Australia, many European cities (those where she sold at least 25k tickets with BTWB), South America, Africa and some American cities. This would mean she would get a very high total gross, without straining herself. Also, the acoustics at stadiums can be just as good as, if not better than arenas. For example, my BTWBs were in an arena, and the acoustics were terrible- reverberation, blariness etc, whereas when i went to coldplay at a stadium, the sound was crystal clear. Also, it's so much bigger and grander when its a stadium show, the WHOLE city knows its happening and there is a huge buzz.

RAMROD

Because big stars plays in stadium.

Stadiums enable an artist to explore their visual artistry more.

Reasons why many big rock stars and any artists who did theatrics plays in one.

There is different energy within it.

(๏พ‰โ—•ใƒฎโ—•)๏พ‰โœง*:๏ฝฅ๏พŸ ๐š๐šŠ๐š—๐šŒ๐š’๐š—๐š ๐š’๐š— ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐šœ๐š‘๐šŠ๐š๐š˜๐š  ๐š˜๐š ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐š—๐š’-๐š’-๐š’-๐š’๐š๐š‘๐š...! (*ยด่‰ธ๏ฝ€*) โ™กโ™กโ™ก

Archived