💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

ARTPOP Tour [ stage & concept ]

1311SUSU2803

Featured Posts

pierodinero

That is amazing.

I had thought of perhaps having a transparent curtain going around the GA standing area that would allow for projection onto it from suspended projectors, meaning that at various points, the entire stadium could change into something else, but at the same time, it would never restrict anyone's view.

Jesus, can you imagine? Gaga turns a whole stadium into a flaming pit of hellfire and brimstone accompanied by a lazer show for something like Judas, and then goes on to hit the crescendo of a piano moment (like when the piano set on fire at TMB during Speechless) and the entire arena floods with colour or flames...

OMG! I'm having such brainwaves. The interludes would be amazing. A YUYI INTERLUDE! She can swim around an entire stadium!

Goodness me.

I'd also like a crane arm for Gaga to travel on, playing piano or keytar or something, so everyone gets that momentary close up of her.

OMG I'M IN LOVE WITH THE YUYI interlude!!!!!

That'd be amazing, the only problem would be the fact that the tour would be playing in different venues. Since all stadiums are different and these types of projections are modeled after the structure they would be projected on, the tour's production team would have to literally create a detailed 3d model of every single venue she'd play at and then adjust the videos that are gonna go in it accordingly. So from a practical standpoint, it would be almost impossible to do it considering the fact that Gaga tours longer than other artists.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rollercoaster

With my screens idea, it could also mean that the whole arena/stadium gets changed to colours to suit the song, or even flashes or has various images during performances. I see no flaws in my idea.

OMG I'M IN LOVE WITH THE YUYI interlude!!!!!

That'd be amazing, the only problem would be the fact that the tour would be playing in different venues. Since all stadiums are different and these types of projections are modeled after the structure they would be projected on, the tour's production team would have to literally create a detailed 3d model of every single venue she'd play at and then adjust the videos that are gonna go in it accordingly. So from a practical standpoint, it would be almost impossible to do it considering the fact that Gaga tours longer than other artists.

Not that difficult, really. They just need to plan out the tour well in advance - like they didn't with BTWB. As long as they know where they're playing 6 months in advance, it shouldn't be a problem at all. I can see her taking this idea and really running wild with it. Turning the projection into glass and as it shatters, breaking out into paparazzi :o

1311SUSU2803

With my screens idea, it could also mean that the whole arena/stadium gets changed to colours to suit the song, or even flashes or has various images during performances. I see no flaws in my idea.

Not that difficult, really. They just need to plan out the tour well in advance - like they didn't with BTWB. As long as they know where they're playing 6 months in advance, it shouldn't be a problem at all. I can see her taking this idea and really running wild with it. Turning the projection into glass and as it shatters, breaking out into paparazzi :o

:legend:

pierodinero

trust me, it would be difficult and it would definitely take a lot longer than 6 months, not to mention be tested at each venue beforehand to know to if the projections fit the models of the stadiums. However, imagine if Gaga did a one day show like the Monster Hall one. IT WOULD DEFINITELY work out! :) and it would be one of the most immersive shows ever.

hell0samuel

trust me, it would be difficult and it would definitely take a lot longer than 6 months, not to mention be tested at each venue beforehand to know to if the projections fit the models of the stadiums. However, imagine if Gaga did a one day show like the Monster Hall one. IT WOULD DEFINITELY work out! :) and it would be one of the most immersive shows ever.

when you book a venue you get every measurement needed right? so surely it couldn't be that difficult? As Rollercoaster said if they planned, it could work

Rollercoaster

I don't think it'd take longer than 6 months. She's not exactly working with a tight budget. They could likely hire the venue in advance for a day or something to test it out, but I see no reason it wouldn't work. We're over a year away from the tour in question, she's got access to whoever the hell she wants access to in order to do it, and it's a huge budget she's got to work with.

I say, if she gets this concept in line as one for the tour right now, and LiveNation start putting it together well in advance (as they should) then we could be on to a winner.

We'll have Yuyi swimming around a flooded Wembley stadium before we know it.

pierodinero

when you book a venue you get every measurement needed right? so surely it couldn't be that difficult? As Rollercoaster said if they planned, it could work

well, it's not so much about getting the models right, as it is fitting the videos to match the structure. Sometimes these stadiums are so different from one another, that projecting the video that would go on it would mean literally going back to the actual footage and modifying it every single time so that it matches right for each show. Production wise that would be the equivalent of building a different stage for each show, you won't see that at a concert. I'm saying this because I go to school for this, lol. It can be done, but it would be extremely expensive, and extremely impractical, to the point were a small mistakes could count for cancelled shows. I'm sure Gaga's touring company wouldn't do it.

pierodinero

I say, if she gets this concept in line as one for the tour right now, and LiveNation start putting it together well in advance (as they should) then we could be on to a winner.

We'll have Yuyi swimming around a flooded Wembley stadium before we know it.

I still think your idea is GENIUS and I want to see Yuyi swimming around, even if it's for a one time show.

Rollercoaster

well, it's not so much about getting the models right, as it is fitting the videos to match the structure. Sometimes these stadiums are so different from one another, that projecting the video that would go on it would mean literally going back to the actual footage and modifying it every single time so that it matches right for each show. Production wise that would be the equivalent of building a different stage for each show, you won't see that at a concert. I'm saying this because I go to school for this, lol. It can be done, but it would be extremely expensive, and extremely impractical, to the point were a small mistakes could count for cancelled shows. I'm sure Gaga's touring company wouldn't do it.

They'd need to have them all done well in advance to avoid that. It'd work out perfectly fine. Trust me, I'm a Giraffe.

Ok, so I've tried to create a stage with loads of ideas!

75500527.jpg

Click on it to zoom in!

Ok, the Green Circle is like the MB SHICD but it goes out diagonally aswell as up.

The mini pit at the front is for 30 comp winners out of the first 100 in the queue.

The whole stage is video screen cubes which rise above the stage and go below for props.

And it would have a massive video screen around the whole set which rises and goes down really quickly for the amazing idea of the interludes <3

They'd need to have them all done well in advance to avoid that. It'd work out perfectly fine. Trust me, I'm a Giraffe.

Or they could just have transparent video screens not projections?

My Little Phoney

As I posted before:

The stage would have a catwalk going all around the GA area, with a catwalk crossing it as well. That creates two pits. The ida for the tour is Genesis/A new planet.

lilmonster1986

artpopstage.jpg

This is my ARTPOP Ball stage concept. I wanted to make a stage that was epic, but also wanted a realistic concept, that would possibly be done, and not something so out of this world that it would not be possible to do. The stage is broken up into 2 main triangle areas. To get to each side Gaga would either have to come from backstage, or mostly walk across the bridge. And the bridge will be suspended almost like the entrance to the monster pit, so people can be under it, see around it etc....like seen below. Lots of choreography would be done there, just imagine being there and looking up to see Gaga and the dancers on the bridge :) . The catwalk around the pit is a sphere, but will be similar to the monster pit at the BTW ball. Only that the sides/supports of the cat walk will be all led panels. I am not going to put a mind set towards the actual set and screens of the tour only because we really know nothing of ARTPOP and the songs, but i think this is an awesome and creative stage layout, and would be so cool if the tour was like it :)

stage2p.jpg

1311SUSU2803

artpopstage.jpg

This is my ARTPOP Ball stage concept. I wanted to make a stage that was epic, but also wanted a realistic concept, that would possibly be done, and not something so out of this world that it would not be possible to do. The stage is broken up into 2 main triangle areas. To get to each side Gaga would either have to come from backstage, or mostly walk across the bridge. And the bridge will be suspended almost like the entrance to the monster pit, so people can be under it, see around it etc....like seen below. Lots of choreography would be done there, just imagine being there and looking up to see Gaga and the dancers on the bridge :) . The catwalk around the pit is a sphere, but will be similar to the monster pit at the BTW ball. Only that the sides/supports of the cat walk will be all led panels. I am not going to put a mind set towards the actual set and screens of the tour only because we really know nothing of ARTPOP and the songs, but i think this is an awesome and creative stage layout, and would be so cool if the tour was like it :)

stage2p.jpg

Under the bridge though? Wouldn't that just restrict the view?

lilmonster1986

Under the bridge though? Wouldn't that just restrict the view?

It might somewhat but not too much because it will be pretty close to the stage so not too many people will be in that area, and it will be at a height that would not be too high or low. I also forgot to mention that it will be retractable, and each side of the cat walk can slide underneath the stage, and them come back out again for needed performances. Dont forget with the monster pit, some of the catwalk was very high and restricted alot of your view if you were next too it.

• venusfly locked this topic

Archived